Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 08:58:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your opinions please......not le mans related, a business idea  (Read 2995 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:50:55 pm »

http://www.vingtquatre.net/adventures/index.html

Hello all, quick straw poll if you like, i have put together the website above based on an idea i had after doing a poster for my daughters bedroom and a couple of mates have wanted something similar done, so i got to thinking perhaps others would to, but have no idea what people would pay.....which is where lot come in.

Basically its a TINTIN style book cover poster based around your own car, have a look and let me know your thoughts if you could.

Also if anyone wants one  Grin i would happily do you one for a low low Club Arnage price as it would let me get some more done for the gallery.

Cheers all
VQ

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 01:55:37 pm »

Dave,

Nice idea.  No idea about how much these cost you in time or resources to knock up, but if I was going for something like that for the A (which I might...) which was a "one-off"  I'd probably go for around the £10-£20 mark dependent on size, quality of print, paper etc.  If it was part of a larger print run then probably the £5-£10 mark.

As well as the Tintin style book cover which is good, another thought might be to expand the styles to include, say, Dan Dare/Eagle comic style and motor racing poster styles of the different ages.

See you at the ACE next tuesday to discuss further?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:54:05 pm »

just found this lot http://www.mpecdesign.co.uk/retouch.php and they charge £150 for a bit of photoshop......

At £10 odd its not worth my while, the cheapest i can get printing done is around the £20 mark for a one off poster, and then it takes me a day to put together. I wouldn't want to go to market at less than £100 - £150 but to you Mark i will do you one if you were interested for the cost of printing and a couple of beers or something.

Ace this month probably not on for me i'm afraid, still up to me eyeballs in new baby + 3 year old plus stressed mrs vqdave if i bugger off on a jolly at bath/bed time.

I will see what i can do though as it would be good to meet up again, always a good night out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: