Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 02:26:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get ready to be shafted!  (Read 7200 times)
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2023, 11:35:28 am »

I'm sort of working on the basis that compared to the British F1 GP weekend it remains good value. And if I keep saying that to myself...... but I do look on it that as a week in France with mates and an iconic motor race thrown in it can't be beaten. So I'll still be going while I can

I'm totally with you.  Frankly, if they doubled the prices, I'd still be going....
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2023, 11:45:30 am »

I'm sort of working on the basis that compared to the British F1 GP weekend it remains good value. And if I keep saying that to myself...... but I do look on it that as a week in France with mates and an iconic motor race thrown in it can't be beaten. So I'll still be going while I can

I'm totally with you.  Frankly, if they doubled the prices, I'd still be going....

That's always what we think. Painful price rises but a great week with friend's.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2023, 12:14:44 pm »

These days, it's the only event I do other than the Goodwood Revival (as a volunteer).  I had a brilliant time this year and plan on another next year.  Price increases, meh, still incredible value for once a year.  
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2023, 03:00:56 pm »

As with all these price rises you don’t have to go.There are great alternatives Nurburgring, spa,classic 24 hour races.try local club circuits great value with often better viewing.like it,lump it or leave it.please don’t whine about it though.The craich with all the surrounding fans on the campsites and on the circuit is pricesless.Our gang has somuch fun it takes days to get over all the laughing. We go a make the most of it.I feel I get my money’s worth or I wouldn’t buy a ticket.If this wasn’t the case I wouldn’t whine to others.whats the point?

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2023, 03:55:19 pm »

As with all these price rises you don’t have to go.There are great alternatives Nurburgring, spa,classic 24 hour races.try local club circuits great value with often better viewing.like it,lump it or leave it.please don’t whine about it though.The craich with all the surrounding fans on the campsites and on the circuit is pricesless.Our gang has somuch fun it takes days to get over all the laughing. We go a make the most of it.I feel I get my money’s worth or I wouldn’t buy a ticket.If this wasn’t the case I wouldn’t whine to others.whats the point?

Really well said.  Smiley
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2023, 09:25:59 am »

That's always what we think. Painful price rises but a great week with friend's.

Let's be honest, it's what the ACO are banking upon - unsustainable rises (percentage-wise) supported by a do-or-die loyal fan base. The majority of us are moaning and feel exploited, myself included, but the majority of us will still ultimately pay up and go, again, myself included.
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2023, 09:31:14 am »

I'm in the minority then.  I expected price rises and I can afford to pay them.  Such is life....  No whinging from me. 
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2023, 02:05:59 pm »

It’s almost as if they are deliberately pricing people out of Epinettes and Houx.  The only real difference appears to be the screen and food stall/ bar - maybe they didn’t make the income expected.

Had a pleasant spot in Epinettes this year, however will look at Houx Annex or Beausejour for next year.  Houx Annexe just looks a bit open to me.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2023, 02:59:54 pm »

It’s almost as if they are deliberately pricing people out of Epinettes and Houx.  The only real difference appears to be the screen and food stall/ bar - maybe they didn’t make the income expected.

Had a pleasant spot in Epinettes this year, however will look at Houx Annex or Beausejour for next year.  Houx Annexe just looks a bit open to me.

We've been on Epinettes since it opened as refugees from Maison Blanche and loved it - a little less rowdy as we have all got that bit older but were bumped to BSJ for '23 as we just couldn't get tickets for Epi. With th eprice increase we're now off there for good and it's back to BSJ for us again now. Yes, BSJ is not the pick of the bunch, but when we're buying 10ish pitches the price difference now cover all the catering for the week.
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2023, 11:31:17 pm »

Aco's reply
Category 1 Areas are very popular and benefit from more qualitative services than lower category Areas. We remain at your disposal for any further information

As per previous posts
I know we can all decide not to go but that doesn't mean we have to be happy with being shafted (I'm quite suprised the French with their usual attitude to unwanted changes are happy with it either.) and a general reduction in all benefits of aco membership ticket prices etc.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2023, 10:29:45 am »

Usual farce on the website. Finally got everything in the basket but will not recognise my membership number. Timed out, niow back in a very long waiting list

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2023, 10:37:06 am »

in q until 9.30 epinettes already sold out ffs

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2023, 10:45:12 am »

Aco's reply
Category 1 Areas are very popular and benefit from more qualitative services than lower category Areas. We remain at your disposal for any further information

That's hilarious! I wonder what the ACO class as "qualitative" then as there is now no leccy (well, officially anyhow) on Houx or Epinettes?
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2023, 10:45:36 am »

I had epinettes in my basket when it timed out. No doubt going to get allocated a campsite just outside Dijon if I'm lucky.

I'm really glad I renewed my membership again  Grin

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2023, 10:46:10 am »

This is what happened to us last year - so we purchased BSJ only to find huge availability for Epinettes when the tickets went on general sale !!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: