Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 01:45:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tertre Rouge Bar to CLOSE in September 2010  (Read 29842 times)
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2010, 05:12:12 pm »

Angry Sad Huh Undecided

I hope that I am completely wrong on this one, but as I understand it, the bar at Tertre Rouge is due to close completely in September this year!
Speaking to the owners, the bar as we know it will not exist in 2011
My limited French is too basic to understand if either the bar will be there in some other format, or if it will become something else completely different.

Suffice to say - if there are ANY changes to the old tin-top shed with only a hole in the floor for a pisser, it will be a complete and utter traversty of justice and another corporate kick in the boll**ks to everything that is Holy for the Great British tradition of LM. It has been part of the experience for as long as I have been going!!

Maybe one of our French friends or ExPats could perhaps contact the bar owners and clarify?
[/size]. It would be a nightmare if that place was turned into an ACO bar or another grandstand - or even worse, was demolished and did not become anything at all.

If it is going, it should be moved foundation and brick to the site next to the museum - part of LM history that should be preserved forever.

As I said - I hope that I am wrong.

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:25:09 pm »

I seem to recall that there was talk of it going a couple of years ago, as part of the tram system development.
I struggle to see how it can do any business at any other time of year. It's pretty much land locked by the rods and tram lines.
I too, hope that it doesn't go, but I suspect it will.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 07:26:51 pm »

Un catastophe!! ... and they have Leffe Blond and Ruby on draft  Cry

Steve East Anglian cobras

dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:32:17 pm »

Was in there for lunch on Saturday - near as dammit empty! (Compared to 2007 when it was heaving.) Whether that was because they were going to show SA thrash France at rugby cant say.

Agree it would be a real shame if it goes, having just decided a 'ritual' refreshment there followed by tottering up onto the bank @ Tertre Rouge about 14:15 for the warm-up lap, start and first few pit stops was a sensible start to the 24.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:01:53 pm »

Alas the ACO has no time for sentiment or tradition so I can't see the building being moved. The ACO didn't think twice about bulldozing the shonky but rather smashing 'Wecome' and the building at the pit exit. Likewise the wonderfully musty tunnel that one had to grope ones way through in darkness to reach the inside of Tetre Rouge bend itself. These things were all part of the magic of LM to me and I would often think about the millions of happy punters who had passed through them over the years.
 The village has never been the same to me and I rarely visit these days. I can't imagine them giving a toss about the Stella Bar.
 Never mind eh?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:23:47 pm »

I reckon now that Houx Annexe is a minute shadow of it's former self, there's just too few beer drinking bodies staying close enough to the Stella Bar now to drink there.

A big shame.  It's a fair hike to anywhere nowadays.

Steve East Anglian cobras

JB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 02:30:55 pm »

We were in there on friday night when there was an emotional speech from the landlady saying that this was her last Le Mans working there. If I recall correctly (which to be fair is pretty unlikely given the amount of alcohol consumed during the day) I'm sure she said she would be back next year as a customer. Take that with a pinch of salt though!!!

The speech was then followed by an farewell Karaoke session from some of the customers who really should have known better than to try and sing in public........

Whilst I agree that there is likely to be little custom during the week it is near the new football ground so I guess it might pull in a few drinkers from time to time.

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 03:46:11 pm »

Having been camping at the awesome TL Hunaudieres site for the last 2 years, what was once only a Thursday night tradition has recently become our 'local' during race week with many visits!

Devastated to hear the news  Sad
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »

There have been rumours for some time about this so I'll find out tomorrow. Many a good time had there in the days gone by. Just look at the date on the photo! The new stadium will have its own bar and since the local team have now dropped into the 2nd division they are counting on about 5,000 spectators only.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:37:27 pm by lynxd67 » Logged
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 04:38:27 pm »

Bar closed today. Was told locally that it has been bough by the town council to improve the tramway access and system. No idea if that is true or not.
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 12:14:02 pm »

To reassure all of you, the OP got it all wrong. What Isobel said was that they have sold the bar and won't be there next year to greet you all. The new owner promises a warm welcome to all.
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 06:55:41 pm »

If that is the case I am more than happy that I got it wrong.

YIPPEEEE

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Sorry to have worried everyone...............

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:35 pm »

I didn't ask, but unlikely to be before the end of July after the Clasic, so probably during the quieter holiday period before September. I've been known to be wrong before though Shocked

I've their address and they have accomodation for any time people want though
VETTE_1978

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 10:05:26 pm »

We were in there on friday night when there was an emotional speech from the landlady saying that this was her last Le Mans working there. If I recall correctly (which to be fair is pretty unlikely given the amount of alcohol consumed during the day) I'm sure she said she would be back next year as a customer. Take that with a pinch of salt though!!!

The speech was then followed by an farewell Karaoke session from some of the customers who really should have known better than to try and sing in public........

Wasn't that on the Saturday after the football?  We had a table reserved for the England game and witnessed some numpty knock her hat off and then slap her when she asked him to leave.  Suffice to say his night didn't end well.
JB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 01:33:00 pm »

Wasn't that on the Saturday after the football?  We had a table reserved for the England game and witnessed some numpty knock her hat off and then slap her when she asked him to leave.  Suffice to say his night didn't end well.

No definitely the friday - there is much I don't recall from the weekend but friday is our traditional "Stella and Frites" night at the bar so at least I recall the day. Sounds like there was a few days of farewells!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: