Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 04:23:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MB Latest Shots of Construction Work  (Read 18058 times)
chum racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 02:01:52 pm »

We were in Le Mans last week for meetings with the ACO and local suppliers.  Whilst there we took the opportunity of taking a closer look at the progress of works on MB.

Speaking with the ACO, the works are due to be completed by the end of March (a few weeks).  The site manager also mentioned a date that was not to far away from that too.

Maison Blanche is not planned to be used until the Moto GP in May, so there is a fair amount of time for the work to be completed and for grass to grow.  Hopefully there will be enough time for the grass to recover before the 24 Hour race in June.

As well as the laid tarmac there is a new toilet block on MB (and also another new one near T23). 

Entry to MB will be improved with a new roundabout.  The aim of the new roundabout is to reduce the queue of trafic caused by vehicles trying to turn left into MB.  So that traffic can flow freely when there are no events at the circuit, the roundabout will be in the Bleu Parking area.  Work has not started yet, but is planned to be ready in advance of the 24 hour race.

Here are some photos taken of the MB works showing how things have progressed.  We may be down to Le Mans in April and will provide more information as we receive it from the ACO.

[report] Monday   
I recognise those pictures  These are from our visit to Le Mans to meet with the ACO and suppliers for our private campsite last week.

The ACO kindly took us on a tour of the construction work around the circuit and campsites at Le Mans. Houx Annexe will be smaller this year due to the changes to the Bugatti circuit and in preparation for the new stadium, which starts shortly after this years race.

There is also a new roundabout and checkpoints near Beausejour for access to Karting Nord, Technoparc, Houx and Houx Annexe. This has caused the squeeze on Karting Nord and the allocated pitches.

On Bleu parking there will also be a roundabout to provide better access to Maison Blanche. This will only be used when there are events on at the circuit.

The works at MB are going well and are due to finish close to the end of March. Although the campsite will not be used for the Moto 24 in April. It will however, be used for the Moto GP in May and of course the 24 Hour Race and the Classic.

For those of you who don't know me. I am the owner of 1st Tickets Limited www.1st-tickets.co.uk, an official agent for the ACO and the Le Mans 24 Hour Race.

Regards

Chum Racing

Here are pictures of the progress at Maison Blanche

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:04:45 pm by chum racing » Logged
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 02:40:05 pm »

Good shots - does look like the works are progressing. I will be passing (again) over the Easter weekend so will try and get some pics of HA for Bob and the others who asked.

No1. son and I will also be attending the MotoGP in May (3 day tickets are dirt cheap BTW) so will get a first hand look at the state of the camping facilities then too.
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 02:57:14 pm »

No1. son and I will also be attending the MotoGP in May (3 day tickets are dirt cheap BTW) so will get a first hand look at the state of the camping facilities then too.

and free too!!

I will also be there Grin

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 03:18:33 pm »

Yes, exceptional value, €68 (inc. registered delivery) for a 3 day pass (as you say, inc. camping), access to the grandstands and son goes free  Grin Perhaps we will see you there.
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 04:46:48 pm »

I dont bother getting the tickets sent.. just get them at the gate.. show the aco card and discount aswell.. the ACO stand is the best.. opp the ebnd of the pits and athe HUGE screen infront of you..

dont forget the riders interviews and the bands!!

I stay on blue as its a scream over the weekend.. look out for the jersey flag Grin

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 04:58:18 pm »

all very interesting chaps, what on earth has it to do with the thread subject Grin
Well .....
.... I will be passing (again) over the Easter weekend so will try and get some pics of HA for Bob and the others who asked.

the rest is just good old OT banter .....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 05:11:44 pm »

JDS, just joshing, more aimed at my chum from Jersey, I guess he isn't in the office today Grin

I think he's there, Peter - busy using the new indoor pool in the meeting room.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 06:04:04 pm »

Sent the same to me.  At least that pub is unlikely to run dry   Cheesy

Del

Team Delboy Racing
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 09:23:45 am »

I stay on blue as its a scream over the weekend.. look out for the jersey flag Grin

No idea where will will pitch up to be honest - this is the first MotoGP we will have done at LM (and will be in the tent rather than the lazy a$$ campervan). Was thinking of Bleu or HA (if it's available), the biggest trouble is we'll not be arriving until late on the Friday night, so likely as not it'll be where we can rather than where we choose ..... Any suggestions?
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 05:51:21 pm »

hi all..

great fun with the remote control boats in the committee rooms!!

I will be arriving fri night also.. you just go where you want to and pitch up wherever there is space.. I just find blue easier with a bike!!

at least barrels of guinness float....as off to raise a glass or six in honor of our green friends in ten min Cool

and it is on thread as we will be reporting back on the state of the camping Grin

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 08:10:08 pm »

Bugger MB, hardly anyone is camping there.  What about HA  Huh
OK, sorry about the quality, weather was horrible, raining, windy & freezing cold  so hardly ventured out of the van. Looks pretty much OK, lake area looked untouched and the Garage Vert works seem to be progressing OK. those of you on HA have the new tram stop a whole 30 seconds walk away too.

* HA1.jpg (65.47 KB, 800x600 - viewed 449 times.)

* HA_Lake.jpg (176.53 KB, 800x600 - viewed 447 times.)

* Garage_Vert.jpg (129.28 KB, 800x600 - viewed 442 times.)

* Tram1.jpg (141.6 KB, 600x800 - viewed 441 times.)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:13 pm »

KN has grown more piles of old pallets - must be a good 15 potential pyres there now!! Airtrack's area seems to have lost a lot of it's tyres but also a lot of it's size too to make way for the new roundabout at the entrance to KN & Technopark.

* Airtrack.jpg (74.14 KB, 800x600 - viewed 434 times.)

* KN.jpg (123.89 KB, 800x600 - viewed 426 times.)

* KN_Roundabout1.jpg (86.92 KB, 800x600 - viewed 377 times.)

* KN_Roundabout2.jpg (79.94 KB, 800x600 - viewed 439 times.)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2008, 10:25:04 pm »

Bugger MB, hardly anyone is camping there.  What about HA  Huh
. those of you on HA have the new tram stop a whole 30 seconds walk away too.
What with the extra "Shopping Trams" that will be ideal
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 11:16:06 pm »

We were there - excellent weekend and weather was pretty good too overall. If this way your tent, we were about 100yds further down from you !

* 18052008144.jpg (149.49 KB, 800x600 - viewed 402 times.)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 11:17:47 pm »

BTW  - getting back on topic slightly, for those of you on MB worried about the grass, don't be. It seems to have grown back nicely, just have to find it in between the new MB track .....  Cry
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:46:50 pm by JDS » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: