Club Arnage
May 18, 2024, 06:26:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we getting our collective act together for 09 tickets?  (Read 11348 times)
nickliv
« on: April 13, 2008, 07:25:40 pm »

And if so, where should we ask for?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:34:10 pm »

After last year's fun, I was just going to do my own thing and bung my form in on PQ day, trying first for MB and then for something cheap that takes my fancy.  But if anybody wants theirs submitted at the same time, they are welcome to post them to me as before; bearing in mind that I take no responsibility for what the ACO might subsequently do with them!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 07:38:26 pm »

Must admit, I'm going to be visiting a few sites to get a feel for where I fancy in 09, but do quite fancy Arnage as a cheapy backstop.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 07:46:16 pm »

My own view is that we shot ourselves in the foot last year by putting in one huge order - and that is absolutely no reflection on Termie's efforts.

I have a suspicion that had our orders gone in, at the same time, as individual orders, then at least some might have been allocated MB.  As it was, the ACO tried to keep us all together (apart from Piglet!!), but dumped us on BN.

I'll be at PQ as well, so I'll bung my order in then.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 07:57:33 pm »

Slightly off thread but I was wondering if anyone else refused their tickets when offered alternatives and was immediately given their first choice?

I ordered Bleu and was offered Beau Sejour (not even 3rd choice!).  I wrote back refusing BSJ and within a week was offered Bleu (first choice). 

I know asking for Bleu might not have been the trickiest request, but did anyone else try this and get lucky?

F
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:59:08 pm »

I agree Del.  Thus I would not, again, make any reference to our wanting to be together, but just act as a delivery service and leave it there.  See you at PQ.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:33:53 pm »

We rang up and complained, but didn't get anywhere, still in BN.  It seems that anyone requesting more than about 6 tickets got bumped out of MB.

What will work for 09?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:39:07 pm »

I wonder if they will use any of the Zones A & B next year on MB, ie making more pitches available than this year?  Given that the grass will have had 12 months to grow after the 'works', and it can't be all tarmac.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 02:50:56 pm »

I don't know what we'll do, I think we're pretty well decided that we won't go next year and then we'll just plan to do the Classic in 2010. 

I might put in an order for MB around PQ and see if we get anything just to stay on the list, but I haven't really thought it through.

Having spoken to a number of people who have done deals with the ACO for space I'm pretty sure that a group approach will fail as they really want to sell group space at a premium. 
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 02:59:44 pm »

I wonder if they will use any of the Zones A & B next year on MB, ie making more pitches available than this year?  Given that the grass will have had 12 months to grow after the 'works', and it can't be all tarmac.

Del

We should know by the Classic, but of course it will be too late by then.  My suspicion is that there will be marked pitches where the new mini-circuit is not - ie in the new infield.  But that's just a semi-educated guess.

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 03:26:59 pm »

I know many of you out their do not like the margins the agency put on the ACO ticket prices but it's the only sure way to secure what you want. I have already paid a small refundable booking fee with an agency to secure tickets for  2009. Lovem or loath them the ACO will always prefer to sell to the agents as it means less work for them. Just look at the booking page on the ACO site and the marketing banners for the agencies are now listed.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 03:38:16 pm »

This is the first year in ten now that I have not got exactly what I ordered from the ACO and it was - as Delboy says above, the first time I submitted my booking as part of a larger order.  Only the campsite was not what I asked for; a minor consideration for me.  What's more the place is completely upside-down this year with all the works going on.  So it's back to my old tactics for '09 - no way I can afford the inflated agency prices.  I'll just go back to kipping in the car or out at Mulsanne in a bivvie if the campsite I get isn't any good.  But then, I do have a home nearby if all else fails.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 06:22:44 pm »

I know many of you out their do not like the margins the agency put on the ACO ticket prices but it's the only sure way to secure what you want. I have already paid a small refundable booking fee with an agency to secure tickets for  2009. Lovem or loath them the ACO will always prefer to sell to the agents as it means less work for them. Just look at the booking page on the ACO site and the marketing banners for the agencies are now listed.

I'd mind less about agency fees if the pitches were a reasonable size but given that 7mx5m doesn't really contain a car and a tent then you have to have two pitches to start with so two sets of agency fees and in most cases two over priced GA tickets per camping pass.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 07:22:59 pm »

How about sending in the requests in batches,

ie all the BNs , then separately the MBs , HA, etc.

With No second choice. (I didn't put a third option)

I think that I'd probably always prefer MB, but due to its popularity (and decreased size) its not going to be easy, BN is a good second option as its numbered so allows a group gathering without the problems of saving space for those arriving late.

Or alternatively find out exactly what is required for an advance block booking (if there is such a thing), maybe it means full payment further in advance - surely not a problem for a dedicated group.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 07:58:26 pm »

On reflection, Redstu, I think the problem was that I specifically asked that we all be together, and all the forms were then clipped to each other.  I can't help feeling that if I had just handed them in together, but never mentioned that we wanted to stay as a group, that more individuals might not have got what they wanted.

I think if we asked for a bulk advanced booking, then the powers that be would do their best to bung us all on BSJ which would be self defeating!  Yes, we're a big group, but I don't know that anybody would be mug enough to want to take on organising something like that - with all the financial implications and scope for being blamed for any eff-ups. 

The trick seems to me to be in the second choice.  If all of us went for BN, and all the bookings were in together (but unattached) then I reckon if we didn't get first choice, then we might at least find ourselves together.  It will be interesting to find out our pitch numbers this year when the tickets come through - to find out if the move to BN has kept us together or if we're flung all over the place!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 10:41:41 am by termietermite » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: