Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 03:56:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we getting our collective act together for 09 tickets?  (Read 11247 times)
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 08:50:14 pm »

This year we contacted a Dutch ticket agency, by email and asked them if they had 15 MB, the guy replied they ran out. They were charging 90 euro/ticket, which is not overinflated. I had a brief discussion with him and he was sure he could arrange something for us. So I asked if he could provide 60 MB tickets and he said he could most likely get that amount. That goes for any campsite by the way.

If their is enough interest, I could contact him again and see what we can sort out for next year. No garantuees from my part that we can actually get what we want, but at the same time we could all put a seperate order in at the ACO and see what works out best.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 12:19:04 am »

Was it only the people who asked for area A (or the area thats now the trck extension) who got the push?
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 08:58:16 am »

This year we contacted a Dutch ticket agency, by email and asked them if they had 15 MB, the guy replied they ran out. They were charging 90 euro/ticket, which is not overinflated. I had a brief discussion with him and he was sure he could arrange something for us. So I asked if he could provide 60 MB tickets and he said he could most likely get that amount. That goes for any campsite by the way.

If their is enough interest, I could contact him again and see what we can sort out for next year. No garantuees from my part that we can actually get what we want, but at the same time we could all put a seperate order in at the ACO and see what works out best.

i like the way he thinks Wink

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 09:24:32 am »

Personally, I'll put my 2009 request in at the MotoGP in May but I also have a request (again with a small refundable deposit) in with the Agency we got this years tickets from. All the while the agencies are providing (sensible) refundable deposit options it can't hurt to cover your bases as who knows what will happen next year ..... I like Knetter's idea though as the agency seems to be very fairly pricing their tickets too.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 10:45:57 am »

I agree; I think that's a great idea, Knetter.  That doesn't sound like a rip-off price, and so long as we don't have to buy GA tickets also (which is usually where the main agencies make a fast buck, as Piglet says) it would work much better with somebody involved who knows how to get guaranteed places.  Sounds like a plan to me.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 10:50:13 am »

I agree; I think that's a great idea, Knetter.  That doesn't sound like a rip-off price, and so long as we don't have to buy GA tickets also (which is usually where the main agencies make a fast buck, as Piglet says) it would work much better with somebody involved who knows how to get guaranteed places.  Sounds like a plan to me.

What they said
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:12:04 am by nickliv » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 10:54:59 am »

Personally, I'll put my 2009 request in at the MotoGP in May but I also have a request (again with a small refundable deposit) in with the Agency we got this years tickets from. All the while the agencies are providing (sensible) refundable deposit options it can't hurt to cover your bases as who knows what will happen next year ..... I like Knetter's idea though as the agency seems to be very fairly pricing their tickets too.
They normally won't take any pre-bookings until PQ day - last year I tried to put them in the week before and got a flat, "non". police

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 11:04:34 am »

They normally won't take any pre-bookings until PQ day - last year I tried to put them in the week before and got a flat, "non". police
Bu99er ..... Won't be there for PQ this year unfortunately ....
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 11:18:26 am »

Bu99er ..... Won't be there for PQ this year unfortunately ....
You can always do it by fax.  Saturday of PQ weekend is theoretically day 1 (31st May) but I managed Friday last year.

fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 11:45:16 am »

Personally, I'll put my 2009 request in at the MotoGP in May

methinks I might join you.. in between cheering on JT!!

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 12:06:27 pm »

methinks I might join you.. in between cheering on JT!!

Grin Grin Grin

Got my tickets in the post yesterday - supurb value compared to the UK leg as well.  Grin
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 12:53:05 pm »

I'd go along with the "Knetter plan" and would have no problem in putting in the full price at whatever date required.

As I've said previously BN is good but MB would be my preference, so an MB ticket at a fair price has to stand as the best suggestion yet.

Accumulating the cash would require a very strict treasurer though! Either pay up by the date required or lose out.
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 01:01:25 pm »

My own view is that we shot ourselves in the foot last year by putting in one huge order - and that is absolutely no reflection on Termie's efforts.

I have a suspicion that had our orders gone in, at the same time, as individual orders, then at least some might have been allocated MB.  As it was, the ACO tried to keep us all together (apart from Piglet!!), but dumped us on BN.

I'll be at PQ as well, so I'll bung my order in then.

Del

I put in an individual request for 2xMB by fax just after your group lot was submitted.  We were also bumped to BN (which we accepted).  I reckon its just random darts as to who gets what.

If sponges didn't grow in the sea just think how deep it would be!!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 01:18:26 pm »

I'd go along with the "Knetter plan" and would have no problem in putting in the full price at whatever date required.

As I've said previously BN is good but MB would be my preference, so an MB ticket at a fair price has to stand as the best suggestion yet.

Accumulating the cash would require a very strict treasurer though! Either pay up by the date required or lose out.
I think it is managable to route that through the DfH treasurer. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 01:54:45 pm »

So far I have paid agencies £574 for 8 Houx Annexe tickets and 2 GA's. Had I bought these direct from the ACO it would have cost me around the same price in Euros.

So basically it costs around £11 per person more to get guaranteed tickets wherever I want them from an agency instead of waiting for the lottery.

I'm not bothering with the ACO any more. If Knetter can arrange a block booking with one place then even better. The certainty of getting tickets more than compensates for the increased cost.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: