Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 12:29:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I buy one of these?  (Read 5065 times)
Tubs

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2005, 08:32:00 pm »

I have just been watching Departure Lounge on Auntie Beeb (1) and I want one of those Quechua 2 second tents.

I have been aware of their existence for some time but have yet to find one for sale at the makers RRP of £35.

My thinking is that it would be perfect for Saturday night at Le Mans should I decide not to return to digs.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 11:44:27 pm »

Try ebay. 
Sorry i swore!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Tubs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 10:16:38 am »

There is a guy on e*** selling these tents. But he seems to want £47 plus £10 postage. I reckon I'm lining his pocket with £22 less a little postage which I shouldn't have to pay. I want one but I'm prepared to wait until I can do so at £35.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 10:38:43 am »

Try
http://www.quechua.com/EN/Product_arborescence/index.html#

There is a contact page, ask them for the Uk importer and give them a ring.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Tubs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 10:55:16 am »

Thanks Nordic, I think you've cracked it! Smiley

On the product page for the tent there is a link which tells you where you can purchase the product. Seems they are sold in all Decathlon stores in the UK. The downside being they don't offer mail order and it's a 140 mile round trip to my nearest store. Oh well! Undecided
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 07:12:30 pm »

We looked at these in Decathlon in Le Mans last year and I was really impressed with them.  There is an inner tent and an outer and they seemed like they would stand up to some wet and windy weather.  Then later in the year there was a young couple camped next to us in one in Epernay, we'd already remarked that it must be very cosy for two then they decided to get a little umm friendly one morning and you could see arms and legs poking out of the tent and the whole structure was moving fairly rhymically!!! 
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 12:50:00 am »

"... whole structure was moving fairly rhymically!!!" What, along the ground? I'm visualising the car still being at pitch 26 but the tent ending up in pitch 30...

Sounds like there was something wrong with his erection - no guy ropes mebbe?  Wink
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 09:04:31 pm »

"... whole structure was moving fairly rhymically!!!" What, along the ground? I'm visualising the car still being at pitch 26 but the tent ending up in pitch 30...

Sounds like there was something wrong with his erection - no guy ropes mebbe?  Wink

LOL!!!  It was rocking back and forwards pretty well!!!   KeithK reckoned there must have been something wrong with the errection as it didn't last very long at all....... Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: