Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 11:00:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 tales and memories  (Read 40961 times)
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2004, 02:38:06 pm »

2. Having a real laugh with our campsite Dutch neighbours. The dutch really are MAD!! Constant lager abuse(as we had a cold fridge!)
Anybody camped in Houx Annex see a huge fireball around midnight on the Sunday night?.....that was the dutch Shocked.We really couldn't stop laughing all night, everybody around just stopped and stared in disbelief as a huge petrol fireball blew 50 ft into the air!

I saw that too Lurker - it was insane! Still, I'm not really surprised it was the Dutch, they've always excelled at making some great smoke. Cool

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2004, 07:39:27 pm »

Anybody know of a filter for Photo-shop that gets rid of catch fencing??

There is a plug in called the 'miracle shot' All you need to do is beg and beg and beg the aco for a media pass and all the fencing goes.
but for a more realistic answer. No. The fencing is there and we have to live with it.
Next year try taking a mini step ladder. i saw one guy at the porches curves on one and he could see over the fence and got shots with no fence.

I guess it helps to have your own mobile "porche" through the Porsche Curve Fencing!!  Sorry it was to good not to miss.  It was a great week.
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2004, 07:24:51 pm »

Right! Having had nearly a week to drag myself back to some sense of steady-headedness (there's still a fair way to go yet!), I thought it was time to put some of these fantastic memories (not all of which have come back to me yet, I'm sure!) into this thread. I'll not bore you with all of them, but here are some of my fondest:

1.   Completely ignoring the french security at the entrance to MB on thursday, almost mowing them down with the Commer - it's not that we didn't want to stop, you understand.

2.   The Liverpool boys' hospitality was great once again - I witnessed Brian's fire breathing - awesome display mate Cool, but missed Andy's "Santa Claus" impression (I didn't know santa was a Ballchinian). Cheers guys.

3.   Friday afternoon at the Krony pub (out side the main entrance) got very messy. An epic wrestling match in the car park with Chris Zarse resulting in many scrapes and bruises was followed by the discovery of some poor shedded sod sat on the crapper, slumped forward, trousers round ankles, almost unconscious, and with a pool of what looked like tartiflette around his feet Lips Sealed. Not bad for 1.30pm!

4.   Playing dead in the poo bar later on friday, after Andy Zarse thought a 'swipe-the-chair-as-he's-about-to-sit-down ploy' was in order. Quite a convincing performance, I might add, as after a few minutes of prodding and kicking from various members of Team Zarse, and Andy tipping gravel into my not unsubstantial lughole, I heard someone say "Come on guys, I think he's really out." I could almost feel the atmosphere sobering as the poo bar attendant was checking for my pulse. That was when I opened my eyes and yelled "Tada!" and scared the sh**t out of the worried onlookers! Grin Grin

5.   Saturday night in the poo bar was superb. I still remember very little of the whole occasion, but would like to thank Sav, Amy, Bird, and Petrolslut for signing my t-shirt (among other things), especially Bird for her discretion! So far... Wink

6.   Colin McRae on the podium – the man’s a legend!

7.   Houx Annexe on Sunday night – again fairly messy: Caterham vs goped mayhem, giant fireballs just feet away, wham, chamon, and hours of walking.

8.   The wonderful Commer, not least for heaving herself out of the quagmire of sick and urine that was our campsite, but for making the entire round trip for the 4th time without causing too much stress. What a truly remarkable vehicle! Grin

The dodgems, Dan, DAAAN, booby traps in the campsite, blow-up dolls, losing my pants, fireworks… Unbeatable event for atmosphere and shenanigans, until the next time that is.

Only 11 months 3 weeks to go… Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 07:31:46 pm by SteveZarse » Logged

bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2004, 11:15:35 am »

* bird awaits her bribary fee

Grin

A ferrari can't run on glue
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2004, 11:44:41 am »

Bird,
Don't go shouting the word 'bribery' too loudly, I have a couple of interesting little shots here myself, but as we know "what goes on tour etc".
While I'm on, please accept my apologies for doubting your existence earlier, you and your tonsils are quite obviously real, as the pics show.
Now, in my book, you can shout the word Barbary as loud as you like, have you seen those monkeys!! and what's going on at their rear ends? Personally, I think they're proof of Darwinism on the island, and the natural end result of a full English every day.
Glad to hear you had a good time, I'm going to recommend to a lot of the posters on this forum that they add mechanics barrier cream or felt tip solvent to their list of essentials next year. Mind you, as you say, a coarse bit of emery cloth is much more fun.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2004, 11:53:48 am »

Lips Sealed

It Wasn't Me. It Was Her.

saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2004, 01:11:35 pm »

having lodes of problems posting, just a quickie to say hi to everyone I met,m and a big thanx to all
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2004, 01:30:10 pm »

it's working at last.
big H and stu emptying my whisky before my eyes!!!!!
Friday. heinekin bar some idiot showing off trying to get everyone to spin up, when the guy on the pushbike came round and knocked the drink out of his hand, to much applause and cheering from everyone.
the shampoo bar of course, everyone too numerous to name, petrol sluts, Tanx for autograph. bird, who wouldn't let us write on her, robbo and crew canada phil, gab, the great provider of beer[ well done on that front] Smokie, Lisa/ simon, cigars 23% beer, . Amy signing everyone in sight.
gettying onto a empty campsite.
Brian and everyone on their team. a big THANX
Joe90
CA Veteran

You Buy It, We'll Race It

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2004, 02:02:09 pm »

My lucky, lucky mate who came home on the ferry on the next table (in club class) to Derek Bell and his gorgeous wife.  Engaged them in conversation and heard all about Derek's conversation with Herbert "this morning sitting at breakfast with Johnny I questioned him about why he took on a triple stint, and then lost it 3 laps in and thus lost the race"!

Lucky git.
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2004, 03:22:25 pm »

* bird awaits her bribary fee

Grin

What could that possibly be - a box of red marker pens?

Or 20 silk cut?

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2004, 04:41:07 pm »

Why is Bird exercising discretion??

Anyone would think you had whipped your coc* out and she'd signed it for you there and then.........

It can't be THAT bad can it?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

P.S.  We dont need proof - again!!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2004, 04:53:55 pm »

How very true! So there it is bird: 10 silk cut or nothing!

bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2004, 05:05:47 pm »

20. or the pants Get It.

Grin

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2004, 05:44:11 pm »

:DOh it IS worse -  GIVE HER THE GOD DAMM CIGGIES!!!!!  Cry Cry Cry Grin Cheesy Grin

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2004, 12:07:37 pm »

20. or the pants Get It.

Grin
Priceless! What could you possibly subject those to that would be worse than the job they've been doing for the last few years - but I'm sure a boil wash wouldn't go amiss! Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: