Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 02:59:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Montoya sacked!  (Read 8655 times)
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 04:55:11 pm »

Best thing he could do is get into a crash with Jeff Gordon, get out of the car, go ape-sh**t, and attack the little California-Hoosier.
Fax

How cool would that be !!!

and how bout a BIG YEEEHAAWWWW!!!!

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 05:02:59 pm »

Andy,
I'm sure NASCAR jumped all over the opportunity to put a South American household name in a car.

Christine Fittipaldi didn't count?  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Fax
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 05:07:54 pm »

Well, I suppose you actually have to qualify as a racing driver Grin
As far as I'm concerned Christian's never been worth a sh*t as a driver.  Maybe one step up the ladder from Egg Fu Yoong in the rent-a-driver stakes.
Fax
Fax
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 05:28:08 pm »

Montoya at his best...
Wheel to wheel with Michael Andretti for the 2000 Michigan 500 at 230 MPH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCYTSxMHTg4&search=montoya%20andretti%20michigan
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 07:03:53 pm »

is this the bloke married to the delactable Connie Montoya?

vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 07:09:57 pm »

is this his helmet she is holding?

ooooo, she could grip my helmet anyday of the week

Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 09:51:06 pm »

Going around in circles is just about his level, bye bye JPM, I for one won't miss you.

Jem
Fax
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 08:41:27 am »

Its interesting the response this has received both here in the US, and abroad.  In a nutshell tough, he's going to be making equal, if not better money in Nextel Cup than he was making in F1, and he'll be the darling of the Latin American crowd in the Americas if he wins.  He's going back to a team he's driven for before in CART and knows & understands high speed ovals (go back to my link for proof).  I'm sure he's not losing any sleep over the decision.
Fax
Fax
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 09:14:36 am »

I should add that its a shame its come to a good riddance sort of thing. When I began following the sport racers weren't "F1 drivers" or "NASCAR drivers" or "Indycar drivers" they were "Racing Drivers" times were when no one gave a damn about who was a fan of whom, or whether or not you prefered stock cars or F1, you followed motor racing.  The arrival of the stick & ball crowd has reduced it to this.  Probably  one of many reasons I think F1 and NASCAR and Indycar, etc SUCK!
Because too many stick & ball f**ckwads following it these days. Used to be a helluva alot of fun and pretty damn cool before it became...TRENDY!
In 1967 Dan Gurney won a GP, Le Mans, Indy car races and NASCAR races.  If it was up to most of todays brainless fans, someone would be calling one of the greatest racers of the century a c**nt for competing in any of them at all.
Fax
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 09:16:55 am by Fax » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 10:27:00 am »

I should add that its a shame its come to a good riddance sort of thing. When I began following the sport racers weren't "F1 drivers" or "NASCAR drivers" or "Indycar drivers" they were "Racing Drivers" times were when no one gave a damn about who was a fan of whom, or whether or not you prefered stock cars or F1, you followed motor racing.  The arrival of the stick & ball crowd has reduced it to this.  Probably  one of many reasons I think F1 and NASCAR and Indycar, etc SUCK!
Because too many stick & ball f**ckwads following it these days. Used to be a helluva alot of fun and pretty damn cool before it became...TRENDY!
In 1967 Dan Gurney won a GP, Le Mans, Indy car races and NASCAR races.  If it was up to most of todays brainless fans, someone would be calling one of the greatest racers of the century a c**nt for competing in any of them at all.
Fax
Thanks for that Fax and here here!
When I watched Jim Clark, Graham Hill, John Surtees et al, when I was a kid, they were quite happy to race sports cars, saloon cars and open-wheelers all on the same day and came up to Oulton Park (my local track) on a regular basis so you didn't have to spend a packet of money to see your heros take on anthing that was going.
Brian Redman and Yogi Muir once turned up at Rufforth in a couple of Lolas!

Those were the days but I guess they're just not coming back and we have to resign ourselves to that.  A hoot to see old Ronnie Fellows in a Nextel Cup race the other day though - even if it wasn't an oval race and he was pretty cr*p at it - good for him, I say. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 10:52:47 am »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/5178286.stm

The idea of being a race driver and therefore able to race different classes and formats is not one that MS is able to grasp.

Among most of the F1 guys there is clearly a belief they are at the top of the tree and cannot see any futher than that. They may feel they have too much to lose, after all if one does pitch up and gets beaten the reports in the press would kill their egos. Not something that toubled the drivers of old, Hill, Clark etc got beaten by up and coming drivers in F2, CanAm, GT's and touring cars but it never affected there status, they became legands.

To me F1 is just another type of racing (not an exciting one at present granted) and its drivers would do well to look around from time to time for other challanges, after all if your as good as you say you are, then you have nothing to lose.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Fax
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 11:25:25 pm »

Very well put Nordic,
We began following the sport in a vastly different era than today.  I remember vividly growing up watching a F1 race from the Ring or Monaco on TV one week, and couple of weeks later being able to see my same heros driving Can-Am, Trans-Am or F5000 cars at Mid-Ohio or Road America in person.  Jim Clark used to show up at Sebring (as reigning world champion) to drive a Lotus Cortina in the supporting touring car races to the 12 Hours. Could you imagine Schmacher or Alonso showing up at Sebring to race in a World Challenge GT or touring car event? There are still a few guys out there cut from that mold,Tony Stewart and Ron Fellows to name a couple, Ron was off the pace the other day but loves to get in a Nextel Cup car and mix it with the regulars from time to time.  Tony will race anything with wheels on it, just for fun.  F1 aces like Jim Clark and Dan Gurney raced everything from F1 to NASCAR stockers, for the love of racing and testing themselves against the best.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 10:07:32 am »

I guess to be fair to F1 drivers ( and I'm not often ), their lucrative contracts are also pretty restrictive and they're probably not allowed to race anything else these days. 

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: