Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 11:39:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans TV Coverage - fab news!  (Read 1986 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2006, 12:13:18 pm »

I've just shamelessly stolen this from a post on another forum from MotorsTV - this is fantastic news!!!!   I'm glad we've just got a hard drive recorder!

Motors TV will broadcast the Le Mans 24 hours in FULL throughout Europe, coverage starting from monday's scrutineerings till race end, a total of over 48 Hours of LIVE coverage.

LE MANS 24 HOURS BECOMES 48 ON MOTORS TV!!!

Motors TV (broadcast in 32 European countries to 16 millions homes and in four languages: English, French, German and Greek) has been confirmed as the exclusive pan-European broadcaster for the Le Mans 24 Hours for 2006 and 2007. The channel will be putting in place a unique and never before seen broadcasting operation between 12th and

The ‘High Speed Television’, will offer MORE THAN 48 HOURS OF UNCUT AND LIVE COVERAGE!

The organisers of the Le Mans 24 Hours, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest, have confirmed: “Following the co-announcement made with the Canal + group, the A.C.O. is delighted to have reached an agreement with Motors TV, which will be the exclusive pan-European broadcaster. The A.C.O. on its side will significantly improve its production set-up and will provide for the first time ever a live coverage of the two qualifying sessions at the end of each day, which Motors TV will broadcast uncut and exclusively throughout Europe.”

The week on Motors TV will start as early as Monday and Tuesday with the set-up of a TV studio on the Jacobins square, to closely follow the technical inspections which traditionally take place in downtown Drivers, team managers and many guests stars will be interviewed by Motors TV journalists. On Wednesday and Thursday evenings, Motors TV will broadcast the qualifying sessions of this, the 74th edition of the 24 Hours, and finally, between Saturday morning 9h00 and Sunday 18h00 (CET), the channel will dedicate 100% of its time to the preparation and running of the race!

In total more than 48 hours of live coverage will be dedicated to the Le Mans 24 Hours, a unique set-up around the world, which will require a commitment never seen before. Thanks to Motors TV, the fans of the most famous race in the world will not miss a single moment during week!

In addition, during the weeks building up to the event, Motors TV will air some programmes illustrating the ‘legend’ of the Le Mans 24 Hours.

With this significant addition of the Le Mans 24 Hours to its programming in 2006, Motors TV confirms it leading position as the network for endurance sportscar racing. The network will also broadcast the American Le Mans Series and the full European Le Mans Series.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 12:28:28 pm »

In addition, during the weeks building up to the event, Motors TV will air some programmes illustrating the ‘legend’ of the Le Mans 24 Hours.

I like the sound of this bit Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 12:37:37 pm »

I like the sound of this bit Grin

I wonder if they'll let us send in some home footage  Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 12:54:50 pm »

Not of the campsites surely Shocked. They would probebly have to borrow Smokies moderating stick Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Fisherman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 08:15:30 pm »

Anyone know if Motors TV is available on any NTL package?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: