Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 11:41:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMS Silverstone  (Read 168959 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2007, 08:45:41 pm »

Steve, I'm sure someone will lend you some heat.  We might be over if you're cooking Tartilflette!

We'll be at the circuit rather than at Whittlebury but if anyone needs to borrow kit just shout, we'll be bringing the trailer so should have space and we've got quite a lot of spare kit. 
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2007, 08:49:29 pm »

Steve- on the subject of camping kit Nopanic has PM'd me with a sensible plan that we put our heads together to sort out kit and grub etc. There isn't much point in us turning up with 22 gas BBQs and 2 tonne of bacon but no wheel of death. So who's got what and what do we need?
 I have a 20ft marquee and 240v power, lighting etc. to get us started but won't arrive til mid morn on Sat- so not very helpfull to the Friday mob.
 Your thoughts?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 04, 2007, 09:56:54 pm »

Sounds like a plan.  I'll have only one small gas stove, but will contribute grub as needed (Rillettes, anybody?)  Steve, do you need some genuine Reblochon?
Edit : Anybody who needs (not too extravagant or hard to find wine/beer/Froggie food) supplies, please pm me.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: September 04, 2007, 10:21:01 pm »

Ok -

Arriving Friday (hoping to get there about 3-4pm)

I will be bring a gas BBQ (one with hot plates), big building site size Kettle, paperplates (no washing up  Grin)

8 x camping chairs (for the DFH crowd), 5 gallon water holder, small table,

Food - Handcut Bacon, burgers, sauasges, other meat (hopefully not roadkill), coffee & Tea.

I have a small car fridge for the meat, till Dr S gets there with his bigger fridge.

Now the only problem, is for the people who are staying Sun night, as I have to be back Sun eve.

My Wheel of Death, has a flat tyre, so I won't be bringing that.

If I'm bringing anything else I update this post.

Oh yea - Almost forgot  - I'm bringing  -BEER ! and asprins Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: September 04, 2007, 11:22:17 pm »

I'm also planning on arriving late afternoon on Friday and leaving after the race.
Apart from my tent etc, I have an Electrolux 12V / 240V / gas portable fridge that can run off a genny if required.  Also, I'll bring a large wheeled US style cooler.

I'll talk nicely to my chickens and bring along some nice freshly laid free range eggs.

Debs, I have some Leffe / Pelforth etc but, to give that Gallic feel to the place, a bit of saucisson / rilletes / cheese would be much appreciated.

Steve East Anglian cobras

rcutler
« Reply #305 on: September 04, 2007, 11:24:59 pm »

I suspect I will bring the camper. I will have to awning and a fridge. I will bring the Cadac BBQ aswell, If there is anything people could do with let me know and I will see if I can sort it out. (PS I have no tents at the mo)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 05, 2007, 03:11:33 am »

Although I am unable to make it this year, 'Team Y Draig Gogh' will be present.

They attended the DfH party at LM.

Paddy, if there any CA flags left, could you give one to 'Welsh Bob' and I'll donate to server fund or something of your choice.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2007, 08:51:49 am »

We will be in the camper so will have an awning and the (albeit it low-powered) genny.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2007, 09:39:18 am »

Looks like we are sorted for BBQs and cooling then, power shouldn't be a problem either.
 Termie- could I have some lovely Rillette please?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
keithk
« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2007, 10:40:38 am »

Steve, I'm sure someone will lend you some heat.  We might be over if you're cooking Tartilflette!

We'll be at the circuit rather than at Whittlebury but if anyone needs to borrow kit just shout, we'll be bringing the trailer so should have space and we've got quite a lot of spare kit. 

As piglet says we will be there but at the circuit not Whittlebury, some time Friday late AM we have a little tent maintenance to do as we put the frame up (renew some springs) if anyone does need kit PM either of us before Wednesday so we can pack it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 02:04:53 pm by keithk » Logged
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: September 05, 2007, 12:03:55 pm »

Paddy, if there any CA flags left, could you give one to 'Welsh Bob' and I'll donate to server fund or something of your choice.

I'll make a note of 'Welsh Bob'. Can you tell him to find me at Whittlebury? We'll drive a Dutch grey VW Gulf mkIV with a dark grey Union Jack on the roof (tha missus' car Wink).
Tomorrow evening Dirk will be here at my workshop, I presume he will know where the bag with flags are.
Destination of donation should still be DfH as the €25 came out of that wallet in '06, I'll ask LangTall to contact you about payment details.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 05, 2007, 12:04:43 pm »

Termie- could I have some lovely Rillette please?

Already on the order books, Dr S. 
Steve, which cheeses do you like - or shall I just surprise you? Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 05, 2007, 12:29:19 pm »

As an aside we bought some of the Roblochan (sp?) for tartiflette and it's fab! 

BUT we then found that they sell it in our Costco as well if anyone is looking for some, more expensive than in Carrefour but not a bad price if you have to factor in a channel crossing  Grin
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 05, 2007, 01:35:46 pm »

For anyone who travels around I've found Reblochon at Waitrose in Sandbach, Cheshire (handy for the M6) and also at Tesco in Cambridge (the one on the A14/A10 junction).  Absolutely vital for proper tartiflette, somehow Munster isn't the same, neither is tinned tartiflette from E.Leclerc  Roll Eyes
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: September 05, 2007, 03:39:58 pm »

Does anybody know how quick silverstone circuit sends out the tickets, I have not bought mine yet and I see on the website that I will have to either book a ticket for the whole event, 20 pounds, or show up an pay 15 for the saturday and 25 for the sunday?Huh?

Event tickets will not be available for sale at the circuit selling points. I am afraid if I order my ticket know, it will get to me after the race!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: