Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 02:28:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: camping permits  (Read 20675 times)
Joe 90
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2003, 10:04:15 pm »

Smokie,  I never offered the tickets on Club Arnage, either at an inflated price or at face value.  So what are you guys banging on about?

Chrisgr31 wouldn't make a detective in Noddy Land.  Where is the flaw in the £730 argument? If you had read the auction page you will have read that I had spare tickets.  I bought 5 Tertre Rouge tickets at £45 each, and 10 General Entry tickets at £50 each, plus £6 special delivery.  All from Just Tickets.  I will do the maths for you because it appears you may struggle.  £731 !!!  What a surprise.

And until the ACO become a little less incompetent the like of Just Tickets will continue to do good business at their inflated prices too.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2003, 10:25:35 pm »

I don't think I said you had offered them here. But that's beside the point.

It seems that we are destined to go round in ever decreasing circles discussing the rights and wrongs of "profiteering", perceived or otherwise, when the discussion is purely academic as it is against the policy of this site.

So can we all kiss and make up, stop the personal stuff and leave this forum for those who just want to sell or buy tickets.

Thank you in advance!
Andy Z
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2003, 10:28:24 pm »

Joe 90,

May I apply for the job of Detective Inspector Plod too?

I think it would have been more helpful had you explained your situation fully in the first instance. I too had not grasped your gist until you clarified the facts above, in that you hadn't paid £730 for one set of tickets.

I was not aware that there was much call for detectives in Noddy Land, luckily for me and Chrisgr. Although I suppose they need one for when Big Ears gets pissed up and nicks Noddys car, then goes round his Mums house and fucks the cat while she's out at the Bingo.

Ultimately, and I think as Smokie has made abundantly clear, rules is rules and no one makes you buy or sell on this forum, so if you don't like them...

I entirely agree with your last comment though. The ACO are crap.

I'm off to the pub!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2003, 11:21:18 pm »

Forgive me if I am wrong but I believe the rules are pretty clear.   Huh

No profiteering from the sale or purchase of tickets from this forum.

Whatever anyone does outside this forum is fine, including anyone selling on auction sites, any other sites and people who receive private offers for tickets. I believe Smokie has made that clear.

I believe Joe90 never offered the tickets here, but other people on the forum pointed out what was happening elsewhere, which was clearly outside of the forum. For some reason, this created a certain amount of near hysteria.

As far as I am aware, Joe 90 did not advertise his tickets here and did not breach any forum rules.

SimonKE was offered money off line for his tickets. (from a forum member no less) However, in my opinion, he did not break any forum rules, even if he chose to accept the exceptional offer.

If someone I willing to sell something, and someone is willing to buy it, at a mutually agreed price then that is down to them. As long as they do not break forum rules by advertising it at inflated prices or offering to buy items at inflated prices on the forum.

It is common knowledge that the ACO are a shambles as far as ticket ordering and allocation is concerned. Too many tickets are allocated to the major ticket agencies (P&M, MRI Just T’s) who sell them on at exorbitantly inflated prices, indeed I am sure that si where many people obtained their tickets this year.

As for Andy Z saying Joe 90 should have explained the circumstances in the first place, I have to say firstly, it was pretty obvious he was talking about more tickets than he was actually selling, and secondly, I don’t believe he should have had to explain himself because he didn’t even advertise them on the CA forum he had noting to answer to.

For goodness sake, lets move on…….and look forward to the greatest motor race on earth in less than four weeks now.

[Climbing down off soap box now!!]

Anyone fancy meeting for beer to clear the air (and our throats)
Joe 90
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2003, 11:41:56 pm »

jpchenet has summed it up very well and I would like to thank him.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2003, 12:41:17 am »

OK, thanks JP. I think everyone understands the position and each other quite clearly now.

It's also worth remembering that sometimes people write one thing but really mean another, or simply haven't explained themselves adequately (not directed at ANYONE, just a general point!).

I'm locking this thread now as I think it has run far enough. Thanks all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: