Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 03:05:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations Radio Le Mans and the ACO too...  (Read 9754 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:07:34 am »

As the originator of the thread last year that opened a debate about the usefulness to the trackside spectator of Radio Le Mans I am (perhaps contrary to what some may assume) delighted to say thanks and well done to RLM.

As you will probably remember my main frustration, and that of a number of others, was that regular updates summarising race positions were too often interrupted, overlooked or begun but not finished.

This year, from my perspective, there was a BIG improvement.  OK so some of the updates were a little late, but on the whole they were available and concise and useful.

Thanks to Hindy and the rest of the RLM team for being understanding enough to actually take note of, and act upon, the comments that were made last year.  Well done indeed.

And to the ACO congratulations must also be passed...  Real time race information down at Mulsanne and Arnage has been massively improved by the installation of big screens out in the country too.  Brilliant.

See you next June  Grin
SIMONR
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 11:35:35 am »

And to the ACO congratulations must also be passed... 

... except the idiot there who handed-over the campsite 'miss-management' to the morons in the orange coats. The Beasejour site was terrible.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 11:39:17 am »

Congrats to RLM from my side also, the updates were exactly what was needed.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
RB5 283

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 01:08:30 pm »

RLM are fantastic, such a great listen i never switched off all weekend. Without them i would be so lost as to what was going on.

Dale

Been to 94' 95' 96' 97'
Returning 2007
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 01:15:43 pm »

I echo the sentiments of Oldtimer.
Hindy, if you read this, please pass on my congratulations to the team for a sterling effort. I bet you weren't the slightest bit tired by the end of the weekend.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 02:13:01 pm »

I thought RLM did a good job too.  Anyone here win any of the competitions?  Missed hearing details of the competition winners!

The dropping of the signal improved over the week too, spent ages cursing my radio initially until I realised it was RLM, and they did at one point allude to some technical difficulties they were having.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 02:19:35 pm »

I agree a much better service compared to the last few years.

Shame the support race was not part of the programe but I understand that may not have been RLM's fault?

The ALMS light system was very useful as well and provided real time postions.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 02:33:41 pm »

I have to say that I did not listen to RLM trackside at all this year as the screens and the lights on the side of the top three cars kept me very much up to date with what was going on. However when I was travelling between vantage points and away from the circuit I was tuned in and I have echo the comments posted earlier. I thought the coverage was so much better, the updates were great. Thanks to all at RLM for once again adding so much to the event. Monkey
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 05:35:38 pm »

Hindy,

Many thanks - thanks for listening to the listeners - I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage and the improved, uninterrupted updates greatly, and felt much more up to speed with what was happening this year.  Plus, an appropriate level of non-PC banter was there too - I particularly liked the "Audi built to German industrial strength standards" comment (or words to that effect) to which the riposte was "what, like Panzers?".....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 10:51:32 pm »

I echo the comments that have gone before me,
Many thanks Hindy & crew
Hindy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 10:06:58 pm »

Dear all

after 2 x 24 races in a week - I'm actually not in the slightest bit tired.

Thanks for all the comments - we did listen to what was said last year and built in what we could.

Our biggest bit of grief was the fact that weather played havoc with all the hard wired lines of communictaion in the TV compound. It was frustrating but completely outside our control.

The rain caused us other problems - It was heavy enough - on several occasions - to completely blank out our satellite down link - this put us off the air -albeit for brief periods and not at all during the track action. (Thanks to our tech team we found an alternative way of feeding the transmitter!)

The whole RLM team has the utmost respect and admiration for anyone who endured the weather - predicted by us as lang ago as test weekend I'm afraid - and thanks agin for all of the great emails messages of support, questions and of course the top quality points that were raised. Once again it is all to clear to me that sportscar enthusiasts are clearly the best and most passionate in all of Motorsport.

JH

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 10:40:37 pm »

I was a big critic last year.
I'd like to say well done RLM !! in 2007
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 11:04:26 pm »

Well done to RLM from me too.

What I would like to know is who the RLM source that forecast on sunday that the rain would come at 1pm.  Whoever it was I would listen to their advice again.  It was accurate to the minute!!!!

Dave
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 10:01:09 am »

I thought RLM was much better than last year. Pity the legends race was not part of the commentary.

And the ACO putting up more large screens was good. The improved viewing in the TR area was good, even if the landscape is a bit featureless now.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 10:07:09 am »

I also echo the earlier comments about the first class Radio Le Mans broadcast this year.  Plenty of relevant and immediate race commentary from the team and very useful hourly updates for when I was back in the tent (dodging the moist stuff).

I also found the signal to be very strong at Arnage and even Mulsanne this year.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: