Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 07:25:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any grandstand ticket gets you into Stands(34)?  (Read 7672 times)
nicebloke

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:34:10 pm »

I've heard that after two hours of the race, any grandstand ticket will get you into the Pits grandstands (34). Is this true?

I've got seats in Wimille, but wanted to get into the Stands to watch the pitstops from above, so this could solve my problem...
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 11:03:16 am »

I can't imagine this is so.  Before I joined the ACO I always used this grandstand and it was reserved seeting only.  I'll see what I can find out when I visit them after Sebring.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:36:33 pm »

I've heard that after two hours of the race, any grandstand ticket will get you into the Pits grandstands (34). Is this true?

I've got seats in Wimille, but wanted to get into the Stands to watch the pitstops from above, so this could solve my problem...

That's correct, nicebloke.  I have done this the last few years - usually around 2 in the morning, and usually well oiled.  Beware, the steps are very steep and difficult to negotiate when in this condition!!

Also got you on top of the old ACO tower at the end of the pit straight - up until last year, that is, when they knocked it down   Cry Cry Cry 

Del

Team Delboy Racing
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 01:45:13 pm »

Is this a new thing then, Del?  I'd have been mightily p*ss*d off if somebody who hadn't paid was sitting in my seat - especially at the end of the race.  How does this work?
This
http://ticket.lemans.org/vente2/visu_article_mini.php?id_produit=102&rubrique=31&id_boutique=31&id_univers=1&id_ev=17#
clearly states that they are numbered and reserved from Saturday morning onwards
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:50:24 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 01:51:10 pm »

Can't remember the details, Deb, but as I said above, I have done this for the last 3 years at least.  The rule is that you can do this after 6.00pm (ie 2 hrs after the start, usually). 

Let's face it, the view isn't that great from up there, and is very cramped.  And if you've got a grandstand seat somewhere else, it's probably going to be a better bet than in 34.

I'll try and find the official notes about it and report back.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 03:58:17 pm »

I'm sure I saw someplace that if you have a Grandstand seat after the first two hours you can use them in any stand.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 04:35:40 pm »

Just heard from my man (the chap in my group who collates all this type of info - he may be on here in a bit to clarify), and this info is in the official Conditions of Sale pamphlet.

In 2005, it said that any grandstand ticket was valid in A,B,C,D parts of 34 (ie that's all the stands above the pits).  The letters refer to the staircases at the back.  It also said that access was allowed to the roof of the old ACO tower.

In 2006, it again refered to A,B,C,D parts of 34, but of course, no mention of the tower, as it had been pulled down, but added you could gain access to the 'Pit Lounges'.  We tried, last year, to find these, but couldn't.

This years pamphlet only mentions the Pit Lounges, so maybe that facility has been withdrawn.

I've only got a pdf file of the pamphlet, and if I can work out how, I'll post it here.

Edit:  He's been looking on ten tenths, and it says on there that access IS allowed! Perhaps this needs to be confirmed (or otherwise) with the ACO.  Termie - another point to add to your list   Kiss Kiss  Also find out where the hell the 'Pit Lounges' are!

Del
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 05:01:13 pm by DelBoy » Logged

Team Delboy Racing
roeegg

one of del's boys!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 05:29:22 pm »

"del's man " (!!!) joining in.  Further thoughts - will the new paddock area restrict access to the stairs to t34? and will the there be a replacement for the  club area next to the track by the pit exit road once the pit extension and village is complete? I sure that one of the earlier plans  published for the new village showed a replacement cub area and indeed a tower
 As I said to Del "off air" there seems to be less access for grandstand ticket holders than 2-3 years ago

one other thought -are the pit lounges the hospitality caravans/marqueesat the back of the pits?

roeegg 
HOOKED146

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 12:22:44 am »

I had ticket for 34 in 2003, seats numbered and reserved.  After midnight it got me in to all the stands.  2004 I was in a stand near Dunlop, 13 I think, got into 34 and others a few times during the night.  Sorry don't know what situation is now.  In a couple of stands they didn't really check my ticket anyway.  Try it and see!
ps
Steps are horrendous in 34, one of our group got vertigo, before any beer, and we had to carry him down to seats for the start
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:38:39 am »

There's some new hospitality stuff for ACO members going up around the pit area, I believe, but it's part of the work going on at the moment.  I will, as suggested, add this to my list of things to ask.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 05:29:52 am »

I too went to stand 34 last year.,in the early hours of the morning, without a grandstand ticket angel
while pits are somewhat visible if you hang on the railing the view is not worth the climb if you have seats  in one of the front straight tribunes.
Phil
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 06:11:34 pm »

All grandstand tickets include admission to the "loges annonceurs" in grandstand 34. These are the various standing areas on balconies and at the back of the stand. In the brochure Delboy's talking about the ACO have translated loges annonceurs as "pit lounges".
At night you can always get into stand 34 if you have access to the loges, and the just borrow a vacant seat. That doesn't wash once the owner of the seat turns up  Wink

I too went to stand 34 last year.,in the early hours of the morning, without a grandstand ticket angel
while pits are somewhat visible if you hang on the railing the view is not worth the climb if you have seats  in one of the front straight tribunes.
Phil
Phil - the ticket I sold you last year included access to the loges  Roll Eyes
roeegg

one of del's boys!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 10:58:49 pm »

So that is what the  "Pit Lounges" are- thanks .I've stood on those balconies and attempted to see what is going on down below in the pits, Don 't loose your specs or camera when peering over between the railings!!!

roeegg
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 05:36:34 pm »

Just one other thing regarding stand 34 if you happen to be a slave to the weed. There's no smoking allowed due to the position over the pits and the possibility of stray embers causing a serious fire with all that fuel around below.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 06:15:49 pm »

But only in the front 4 or 5 rows,pretzel.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: