Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 11:04:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Lemans  (Read 4362 times)
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:59:53 am »

Good news from our friends at www.dailysportscar.com

Radio Le Mans 2006 - Brand New, Old School
Good news for the 60,000 Brits heading to Le Mans this year is that Radio Le Mans will once again be broadcasting live and exclusive coverage from the world's greatest motor race.

Haymarket Publications, which has held the rights for many years, stepped away from the service after last year's race, leaving fans concerned for the station's future. They need not have worried. Radio Show Limited has acquired the rights from the ACO and is keen to point out that regular listeners will feel right at home.

John Hindhaugh, speaking on behalf of Radio Le Mans explains. "The ACO recognises the importance of Radio Le Mans to all of the fans, not just the Brits. They were keen to ensure the continuity of the station. To that end the core of the team, both in front and behind the microphones, are all back on board."

It's not just the race that fans can listen to. Radio Le Mans will, subject to French Radio Authority approval, be broadcasting at the test day in early June. "The test day is attracting more fans who seem to enjoy the informal atmosphere and the increased access to the teams," said Hindhaugh. "We've never done an FM service at the track for the testing and the bonus is that if you can't make it down there you can still listen at home."

In recent years the fans away from the track have become just as big a part of the station as the listeners trackside. The global audience will principally be served by live streaming audio at www.radiolemans.com although there are other ways to keep up with the Radio Le Mans team. Anyone with a satellite system can tune to live race coverage on SKY Channel 0157. Further afield, Speed TV in the US will be using the RLM feed to give its commentators a break (Hindhaugh doesn’t need one…). Aired overnight in the USA, the 'Insomniacs Coverage' of the morning hours at Le Mans has become a firm favourite with fans.

Long-time Radio Le Mans supporter Audi UK is back, along with a new partner for the station, Aston Martin Cars. There's a new media partner too. Dennis Publications, which numbers EVO, Auto Express, Test Drive and Maxim among its titles, makes its Radio Le Mans debut in 2006. dailysportscar.com will also be helping out - providing information and some expert analysis.

"It's very gratifying to have such big names as partners for our first year and I hope our listeners realise how important every sponsor is," said Hindhaugh. "We are committed to securing the future of the service: however this is a big project and quite simply the station cannot exist without the support of the whole sportscar community. To some people it might seem like madness to take this on but what else could we do? Let the station disappear? Not likely! For one thing I wouldn't know what else to do for that week in June!"

Well done Hindhaugh, Radio Show Limited and current sponsors. Details of sponsorship and advertising packages are available by sending an email to info@radiolemans.com

rcutler
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 12:17:32 pm »

Brilliant News, Le Mans would be hard to keep up with if there was no RLM
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:39:14 pm »

Long-time Radio Le Mans supporter Audi UK is back, along with a new partner for the station, Aston Martin Cars. There's a new media partner too. Dennis Publications, which numbers EVO, Auto Express, Test Drive and Maxim among its titles, makes its Radio Le Mans debut in 2006. dailysportscar.com will also be helping out - providing information and some expert analysis.

What about a mention for Dave Davies and the "spotters" from Club Arnage that will be providing info via Dave Davies through to RLM during the weekend!!!
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:48:03 pm »

hopefully less dribble and more action. Not to mention stronger signal to reach mulsanne.  Please.com

No mention of live Tropicoma...tut Wink

Andy
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 02:11:43 pm »

Great news.  Having had RLM for nigh on 20 years, it was difficult to imagine going back to the previous method of keeping score - having to stand near a loudspeaker every hour for the 5 minute English-speaking update.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 05:09:07 pm »

Agreed, good news.  Maybe a boosted signal / repeater for Mulsanne please.

Steve East Anglian cobras

RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 08:16:48 pm »

Excellent news!

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Brushy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 08:31:13 pm »

Agreed, good news.  Maybe a boosted signal / repeater for Mulsanne please.

Too right, more signal strength is required
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 12:26:09 am »

Would be the same without it, never had a problem with signal, get it as we come into Le mans in the car and its been fine all around on the pocket radio.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 12:31:44 am »

Never had a problem with signal , still RLM on 20 mins up the road on way home last year  Grin

been there done that doing it again !
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 12:44:18 am »

Never had a problem with signal , still RLM on 20 mins up the road on way home last year  Grin
Mulsanne has very spoty reception which is possibly caused by the hitension wires in the vicinity. I hope they go back to the more laid back and informative style of a few years ago.
Canada Phil
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 01:27:11 pm »

This is indeed good news.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 08:53:02 am »

Essential part of the experience for me. Great news.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: