Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 01:04:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas Bottle Prices in Le Mans  (Read 18548 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2005, 06:39:38 pm »

Does anyone know the price of the calor/propane gas bottles in Le Mans?  Also what is the regulator type? Do you have to pay a deposit on the bottle?  As I don't have to pay one here on the 14kg size I was wondering wether to take a spare from here or just get a new bottle over there?

Stu
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 07:09:46 pm »

You can't get Calour (or any other UK suppliers eg Handygas) bottles in France.  The only ones that are common to UK/France is Camping Gaz, which generally are a little cheaper for refils in France.

If you get a French one (eg Primagas), you won't be able to get a refil in the UK.

To answer your question, though, last year I bought a 6kg bottle complete with regulator for 29 euros - I don't know if this included a deposit, it is what I paid.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 08:01:02 pm »

You can't get Calour (or any other UK suppliers eg Handygas) bottles in France.  The only ones that are common to UK/France is Camping Gaz, which generally are a little cheaper for refils in France.

If you get a French one (eg Primagas), you won't be able to get a refil in the UK.

To answer your question, though, last year I bought a 6kg bottle complete with regulator for 29 euros - I don't know if this included a deposit, it is what I paid.

DB

Spot ON!!!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:16:52 pm »

DB

I've just been round this loop too!!!  As said above you need to have Camping Gaz to have any chance of getting refills in France.  29 Euros sounds really cheap - I paid the best part of forty quid for a smaller Camping Gaz cylinder in the UK the other day.  

My camping shop sold me an adapter though that allows me to use the same regulator on Camping Gaz and Calor though so I'm set up to run Calor in the UK (it's much cheaper) and then to use Camping Gaz in France.  

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 10:02:19 pm »

I suppose I'd better add that the only reason I bought a French bottle last year (it was NOT at Le Mans but later on hols with SWMBO) is that hopefully, a month after LM this year we will be moving to France!

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 10:23:32 pm »

OK, whilst on the subject of gas, I am at the moment in the process of shopping around to get a cylinder filled for LM.

Its a blue cylinder 3 kg with an internal screw thread, says Campingaz Type 907 Butane. One place said they didn't refill that type of bottle but Calor can do,
The motorhome place said they only deal with Propane and not butane, so they put me in touch with a caravan place.

They have quoted me £10.10p for a refill. Is this a reasonable price, cheap or exspensive ?
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 11:00:46 pm »

Doesn't sound too bad Chris.  But leave it to you get to LM - they will do a refil in Carrefour for about the same in euros.  If you want to refil before you go, any camping/caravan outlet will swap for a full one (with monetary outlay of course).

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 11:30:08 pm »

Would rather get it done before I go, don't want to leave anything to chance.  Especially since i have a brand new un tested stove, so want to make sure everything is right before i leave.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 12:15:18 am »

Thanks for the quick replies but I did'nt make my self clear.
I know about the camping gaz and own one. I have a half full 14 kg propane and as I don't really want to bring a full one as well I wondered how much the big Pimagas ones were and if you have to pay a deposit.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 03:06:07 pm »

Would rather get it done before I go, don't want to leave anything to chance.  Especially since i have a brand new un tested stove, so want to make sure everything is right before i leave.

Chris

I've just popped into my local caravan shop and they charge £13.60 for a 907 refill, so £10.10 is a good price.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 06:23:30 pm »

Yesterday, LeClercs wanted E17 for a refill and E51 for deposit on a campinggaz 907, from memory but this may be pounds

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Fartmeister1
CA Veteran

I'm a Gascon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 05:46:03 pm »

I live in France (thank God)and have this afternoon bought two 6 kg cylinders with regulators to fit from my local Champion supermarket for 37.90€ all in. It is a special offer which is probably nationwide land lasts until december 31st so don't rush! Gas Cylinders are VERY readily available in france from supermarkets garages and even private houses in villages. The widespread population means that gas mains are not a viable option in many rural areas. I believe that the price of gas is fixed by the state and thus you get offers on the deposits with regulators etc to get you hooked into one supplier or another.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 07:02:31 pm »

I live in France (thank God)..........

What department do you live in?

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 07:34:28 pm »

I just bought an extra bottle. 13KG for £14.40 with no deposit. That means I can leave the empty.
smuudge
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 11:14:12 pm »

Just out of interest guys, we are in a big motorhome this year....what do you get through (on average)  during say a 5 night trip? 5 of us sharing....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: