Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 12:03:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On being married to a God!  (Read 4749 times)
Mr Termite

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2007, 11:10:32 am »

As this is definitely termietermite's show, you won't hear much from me, but I thought I ought to take a bow at least, having met several of you guys and gals @ LM '06, the Classic '06 and even - pinching myself here - Sebring '07, tornado and all! I think I also took the snap that has become termie's avatar - at about 7.40 on raceday 2002! Friend Richard and I - he now has a 996GT3 - had to blag our way into the Members' Grandstand to get the shot at all!

It's a lovely day here in the Sarthe, although the wind is a bit pernicious. Only sad thing is the horrid news about Tomas Enge after St Petersburg - not holding my breath for seeing his irrepressible grin at LM '07.

Missing Termietermite
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 12:37:56 pm »

Welcome Ian.
Hope you've now finally dried out after Sebring.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 12:40:53 pm »

Welcome Ian.
Hope you've now finally dried out after Sebring.

Liver or clothing?

Oh, and welcome Ian

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 01:00:21 pm »

Both I guess. Grin

welcome Ian!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 04:56:17 pm »

'Ere, instead of lounging around on these fora, mate, how about putting a few shelves up?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 04:57:50 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 07:03:22 pm »

Cor, call the wife a God and she gets ideas above her station! Retirement can be tough!

On another matter, I think I noted Steve Brown sporting the new Nikon 70-300 VR lens at Sebring. While it has been well-reviewed in the e-press, no comments to date on its effectiveness in our fave sport, but, as it's almost affordable for some, Steve - can you offer any views on the results you obtained, please?

Missing Termietermite
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »

On another matter, I think I noted Steve Brown sporting the new Nikon 70-300 VR lens at Sebring. While it has been well-reviewed in the e-press, no comments to date on its effectiveness in our fave sport, but, as it's almost affordable for some, Steve - can you offer any views on the results you obtained, please?

Ian,
Sebring was my first outing with the 70-300 VR AF-S.  It's reasonably light and very fast focusing (SWM).  On my D50, I found it to be neutrally balanced, even at 300mm - definately didn't need a monopod or had aching shoulders.
I used continuous autofocus mode and varied from 1/1000 to 1/500 for the majority of the shots, using the VR on in normal mode, allowing panning.
For some of the evening brake glow shots I upped the ISO a bit, but still managed acceptable shots - maybe the VR helped here.
Although it's max aperture is 4.5/5.6 and mainly using ISO 400, I think the images I ended up with are pretty good.

In all, for £350 (I've seen it at £327 now) I think it's good value, having the reach of 300mm was definately a bonus but I didn't feel I suffered due to the f4.5/5.6 (against f2.8 of the 'out of my budget' 70-200 VR AF-S).

I've posted some of my Sebring and Gainesville shots on this forum.  Eventually, I'll upload them all to Webshots.

Sebring http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=6826.0

Gainesville http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=6822.0

Steve East Anglian cobras

Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 07:39:28 pm »

Thanks Steve - that's really useful feedback. Pictures are top-notch, so - even allowing of course for the genius of the photographer! - the lens can't be too bad either! You have a really good eye for interesting detail, too.

Sorry if this stuff is boringly off-topic - I can't imagine going motor racing without taking a few snaps! 7 Nikons and counting......

Missing Termietermite
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: