Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 04:48:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shanghai des 24hrs  (Read 4290 times)
Zippy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2003, 10:20:13 pm »

Last year the viewing at the Chinese was severely restricted to about, err, nothing! Is there now a permanent clamp down on looking out the window and over a hedge?
Bluebottle
CA Veteran

Ooooh, Sausinges!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 11:37:52 pm »

Sadly yes. Even at the Classic back in September, although I managed to get through a gap in the fence ....

The Shanghai is one of my personal fave eating places in the whole of France, they are a fantastic bunch of people and put up with a lot from Us Brits!!
Even though you can't see anything, the atmosphere there is wonderful. We'll probably be there on Friday when everyone else is busy ruining their tyres and reputation Smiley It's much easier to get a table then!!
MIT
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 01:35:50 pm »

Gents,

I rang the Shanghai to enquire about booking on Sat eve. They confirmed that I would be able to book and they still had availablity. She stressed there was no view whatsoever of the race track. So I'm afraid it will be several bottles of claret and a collection of pickled eggs at Arnage for our group
Zippy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 03:10:54 pm »

Early Saturday evening is a good time as you (now) rarely have to book.

One enterprising Brit the year before last drove his open top double decker all the way there and parked it by the gates to the left of the Shanghai and then "lost" his keys. Meanwhile, a friend or relative was selling seats on the top deck for a fiver. Needless to say he had my money before you could say gendarme. Sadly, the boys in blue "found" his keys and he was forced to move it.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: