Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 03:25:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indianapolis set to host 2006 GP  (Read 2916 times)
Ferrari Spider
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:05:14 pm »

Good news, F1 set to return the good ole' US of A and another chance too see scumi at work again Grin
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 08:30:48 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Fax
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 10:58:29 pm »

Should be quite a sight next year, the USGP held in front of 250,000 spectators cleverly disguised as empty seats...
Got my ticket refund from the Speedway today, it'll finance a nice little chunk of my Petit trip, thanks Michelin you twats.
Fax
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:08:36 pm »

Fax, have you heard the story about, I believe it was Charlie Chaplin, who use to creep into the preview show of his new film to see what the audience reaction would be.  His team hadn't told him that they had filled the cinema with dummies.

Very similar I guess.
Fax
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 01:14:37 am »

Honestly, I'll be amazed if anyone shows up (besides the usual pissed-up Columbians) next year for the GP.  There's a group of British ex-pats who frequent my local pub who WERE die-hard F1 fans until the Indy fiasco.  Their comments echo something Matt Harper said some time ago, there's just so much quality racing for the motorsports enthusiast dollar over here that there's no need whatsoever to put up with the sort of useless bullshit that F1 doles out.
Fax 
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 10:57:13 am »

Honestly, I'll be amazed if anyone shows up (besides the usual pissed-up Columbians) next year for the GP.  There's a group of British ex-pats who frequent my local pub who WERE die-hard F1 fans until the Indy fiasco.  Their comments echo something Matt Harper said some time ago, there's just so much quality racing for the motorsports enthusiast dollar over here that there's no need whatsoever to put up with the sort of useless bullsh**t that F1 doles out.
Fax 

Absolutely!! Fax, do you think this recent F1 fiasco will affect the new A1 format (Laguna Seca in March)? I suspect it'll be a big hit just as long as the ticket prices stay down.

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 12:03:56 pm »

For us Motor Sport has always been about entertainment, the poison dwarf has taken all the entertainment away from F1 in his quest for the corporate dollar. This was my whole point about mansel, yes he was a Tw*tt, but he was always good value for entertainment and F1 at its best is fantastic. But that’s why we stopped going, your right, why should people shell out big bucks when they will get much better racing for much less- this is especially true in the US.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 12:26:26 pm »

I predict there will be few, if any, empty seats. Bernie is no fool and they will give the tickets away if necessary to fill the place. It'll still be crap of course, but they know they have to kiss and make up somehow. F1 is nothing if not a big marketing machine.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 02:11:08 pm »

Steve, I don't think it will hurt the A1 event much, but I doubt it will attract a big crowd to begin with.  Simply put single seater racing just isn't drawing crowds, be it Champ Car, IRL, F1, etc. they are all struggling to put butts in seats over here.  Yes F1 could resort to the sort of stunts that the IRL is using to pull spectators in, like giving away two tickets if you purchase a pack of Marlboros. But thats not going to fly for long.  With my refund check from the Speedway came an offer for two free tickets to next years GP if I purchase two at regular price, sounds a bit desperate to me.
Even with the crowds the GP had been pulling in before this years debacle, the place always looked strangely empty for the GP, even with 100,000 people there.  Probably because the vast majority of the 350,000 seats were empty.
Fax
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 06:08:37 pm »

Got my refund yesterday also, and like Fax, it's paying for a good chunk of my Petit trip.   

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: