Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 03:00:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zytec LMP1 withdrawn - only 54 cars on the grid  (Read 3025 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2007, 03:03:44 pm »

... has just been reported by endurance-info.com. Too much damage from the test day crash,
what a pity Sad Sad Sad

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 03:12:58 pm »

Read it on planetlemans as well, and it is on our forum, somewhere. It did not pas scruteneering, due to the severity of the damage still on the car. The owner was not amused with the ACO. It did pass scruteneering on test day, so if they finish repairs in time for the wednesday testing, they should be allowed to enter, I think.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 05:48:54 pm »

Johansson has moved into the 13 Courage.

It does look like the car has more damage than the team could fix and it has been pulled from the race.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 07:16:51 pm »

Did not even get to scruitneering. The tub repairs are fine, they have a few worries over other things so did not even leave to catch the ferry monday.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mike Philippens
CA Veteran

Racing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 10:24:53 pm »

The owner was not amused with the ACO. It did pass scruteneering on test day, so if they finish repairs in time for the wednesday testing, they should be allowed to enter, I think.
I don't agree. The rules state that the car should pass scrutineering. It sounds reasonable enough to let them continue repairs to be on time for quali, but then you'd set the scrutineering deadline to wednesday. When you do that for one competitor, you get Audi with a little thingy they have to fix, then Percarolo...and then... No, it's very strict, but that's life...rules are there for everyone.

I can imagine that the owner/team is not very happy. This is wasting millions...all the effort for nothing.

Regards,
Mike Philippens
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: