Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 11:07:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Away After The Race  (Read 2938 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:27:51 am »

Hi!

I anticipated trouble getting out of Houx this year so packed before the end, moved my car out to the Carrfour, 3 tram stops up and walked in  and then, after the race and prize giving, walked the track to Tetre Rouge and back out to the car.  We then drove south to pick up the guide's excellent On the run - Escaping the traffic at the end of the race.  We did not get in any jams.

I'm really interested to know what was it like getting out of Houx / Houx Annex or Eppinettes - can anyone comment?

Aricus
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:12:28 pm by aricus654 » Logged

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »

Brad and I went out to Mulsane via karting nord , Ferris wheel, great viewing up to the ford chicane. We did a bit of a loop out but didn't stop in any que's.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 12:19:39 pm »

We parked up at Carrefour early on Sunday morning and hooned back to the track on our trusty (and by now rather second hand looking bicycles). Got away with no problems.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
ukcobra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 02:21:36 pm »

That was my plan, until my bike was stolen from Houx on Saturday night, so we needed to find something closer.
So we parked at the Porsche Curves for €22 and walked back to the Tribunes. I was back at the camper at 15:15, and we were in the Arnage traffic by 15:25, and on the Peage by 15:45. Arriving in Calais at 20:00
Parking was expensive, but it did mean we got away an hour faster than previous years, and I had no idea how long it would take to get out of Houx.

pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 02:53:01 pm »

We had planned to stay at Houx Sunday Night with a early kick off for the 08.30 Caen Ferry Monday morning, however, there were a group of Danes on about row 14-15 that had been riotous all week were just getting into their stride again after the race (I'm no party pooper but the worst was what sounded like a Ships Fog Horn being blasted sporadically that scared the be-jesus out of you is no fun particularly at 6 in morning!!) As others had tried to compromise with them to no effect we decided we couldn't be arsed with the hassle and had a slow pack up, we left the site at around 7 o clock with no traffic problems whatsoever, we had a steady drive to Ouistreham and arrived easily before the overnight ferry had set sail (Noted for next year) so we duly found a nice car park near the port and slept in the caravan for the night ready for the morning ferry.

IMHO Unless you MUST/GOT TO/NO CHOICE WHATSOEVER I would wait until all the traffic flitters away.

ukcobra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 04:32:34 pm »

The rest of the Baguettes reported a 45 Min exit from Houx, so no different to MB on previous years, so in hindsight we could have made the Eurotunnel, but as it was, I got offered a much earlier train. Helps having a high vehicle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: