Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 02:24:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the top speed?  (Read 26582 times)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2004, 10:44:45 pm »

The fastest trip trip back I've done was in 1993,  I left Le Mans at 11:55 Localtime and arrived in Cambridge at 17:20 Localtime and I didn't break any speed limits.  Plus I stopped for a bit to eat at Abberville stayed there for about 1 hour 45 mins.  So I only spent about 4hour 40 mins travelling crusied at about 100Kt most of the way.  :-)

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
opposite locker
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2004, 03:15:09 pm »

Without trying to piss on the bonfire Sarsons100, the EVO magazine could only get 197mph out of a Zonda S on the Autobahn with Andy Wallace at the wheel! It wouldn't go faster, so I'll be suprised if you've seen 207mph on an Isle Of Man trip. I've been at 180mph on a Busa, but thats faster accelerating, and more nimble.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2004, 04:04:44 pm »

Nice to see you back OL.  How are the exams going?

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
BigSteve
CA Veteran

I AM A NUMBER!!!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2004, 06:21:47 pm »

top speed reached on the channel tunnel train carraige when loading, 46mph in Vectra GSi

Another fantastic twist! Last year we hit over 40mph loading the train - we were the first on the train in the high bays in a chipped discovery, fully loaded 4 up - christ we laughed!!! Grin Even the woman loading us at the other end laughed! Grin
Bit scary though as going through the tiolets is tight! Embarrassed

I never touched it!!!!
nlash
CA Veteran

hey... its only money

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2004, 12:11:10 am »

This thread sounds like a pissin contest doesn't it? Anyone can drive fast in straight lines. Some poor innocent geezer will get killed then you have to ask... was it really worth it? Stick to feeding the loud pedal on track days and stop putting others at risk. I'm going along this year in a Se7en which is considerably slower than some of the exotica mentioned in this thread. I don't particularly want to be scrapped up off the hard shoulder coz some idiot didn't see me whilst travelling at 150+.

Maybe I sound boring, I dunno, just getting older no doubt, on a circuit tho with a few twists and turns, most of you wouldn't be able to keep up.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 12:14:07 am by nlash » Logged
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2004, 06:45:23 am »

This thread sounds like a pissin contest doesn't it? Anyone can drive fast in straight lines. Some poor innocent geezer will get killed then you have to ask... was it really worth it? Stick to feeding the loud pedal on track days and stop putting others at risk. I'm going along this year in a Se7en which is considerably slower than some of the exotica mentioned in this thread. I don't particularly want to be scrapped up off the hard shoulder coz some idiot didn't see me whilst travelling at 150+.

Maybe I sound boring, I dunno, just getting older no doubt, on a circuit tho with a few twists and turns, most of you wouldn't be able to keep up.

Yes I agree!  Slow down redstu - you're gonna get someone killed in that Viper!
Broken
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2004, 06:16:23 pm »

I suppose all the Se7ens will be driven sensibly then...

Especially the more expensive Surrey versions  Grin
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2004, 06:53:32 pm »

I don't particularly want to be scrapped up off the hard shoulder coz some idiot didn't see me whilst travelling at 150+.

I wouldn't say boring - pompous and patronising, yes - not boring.
Lotus/Catherham 7 is a good track car - but they are genuinely horrible in evey other respect that I can think of. I can sympathise with your concerns re. a collision - it must be like sitting in a crisp bag (with the same creature comforts, as standard).
This forum is the mecca for sweeping statement and generalisations, so your last few words fit in nicely.
Have fun and enjoy the Le Mans weekend - and make sure you keep to the right, as you sedately cruise south - there will be several hundred 'idiots' getting big in your mirrors, all of whom are totally incompetent and not capable of seeing you trundling along in your Noddy car.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2004, 06:57:18 pm »

Ahhhh....that'll be the usual warm CA greeting then  Wink
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2004, 06:58:29 pm »

Oy Harper.

I had one of those Noddy Cars, couldnt really fit in. Got rid after 600 miles, but god it got to 60 mighty quickly. Scary at 100, really scarry, suppose its like going round a corner in a Yank Mobile  Cheesy

Take life by the horns and live it.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2004, 07:11:40 pm »

Robbo what do you mean "going round a corner in a Yank Mobile"  They don't go round corners.  Yanks can't drive around corners.   It took me by supprise the first few times.  They brake in the middle of the corner.  
Now that is Scary.  Grin

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2004, 07:13:25 pm »

Matt - keep up your ambassador duties sir.  Although Nlash obviously makes a valid point about safety - especially to those poor innocent bastards who get topped every year by those who can't keep the wheels down, his entry to the forum appears to be "hi - you're all idiots for driving in a straight line and I'm faster around corners!"

Shall we start the thread about who's been fastest around a corner?  Robbos surely got us beat on his bike - if he's the biker I think he is, I'm sure he can ape off the the side of that thing and remove a bit of sidewall material - and I'm sure the mini too - right Robbo? Wink

I'm still thinking of chopping in my motor and getting a 200mph hulking Nissan 300 ZX!  I bet that can corner very fast once.

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2004, 08:00:42 pm »

I protest! I'm interested to welcome nlash and hear his view on the subject. But why should I be welcoming to someone who merely preaches a 'holier than thou' sermon, sanctimoniuosly suggests we are idiots and snaps the tin lid on it by then telling us that in all liklihood, we are inferior anyway!

Robbo - get off my back dude. I too have driven several Lotus/Cat 7's (I couldn't fit in either). I acknowledge that they are good track cars. Sure, they accelerate (to a point), but in other respects, I find them to be severely wanting. You don't have to be boned-out, basic to enjoy big performance. I'm not a fan - lot's of people are - they're masochists of course, but whatever floats your boat....

I'm weary of trying to defend good American sportscars - so I won't bother. Reading the figures and road/track tests tells the real story. I respectfully suggest that (like in all matters) "Don't knock it, until you've tried it".

It is true that there are some very, very, very bad drivers in this country (USA) - just like in England and France (I'm English, remember). Not all American roads are straight. Some American cars are atrocious. Some Ferraris are terrible. My dad is bigger than your dad etc, etc,

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2004, 08:18:22 pm »

Matt you do have fellow members on your side....me!

At the end of the day we all have our crosses to bear.  I,in my profession cover somewhere between 25000 and 35000 miles in my travels anually.
The one thing I get really pissed off about is the reveresed baseball hat bgrigade with serious wattage and loud peco exhausts on their supa-fast shopping trolleys.

From experience ....as you say the only way to prove how good your......"MOTOR" is is to go on an officail track day....like Dreamracers....There anybody can try and prove a point....as I did in "Shed !2.......Hoplessley slow but great fun !!!!!

Roll on the new project which hopefully next year will be spruinting and hillclimbing.!!!!!(Alpha GTV 2.5 )

So to the rest of you speed freaks "Keep death off the road and drive on the trak"".

Wishy
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2004, 08:55:11 pm »

Damn, I got Harper reaction from the other Harper.

Oh well.

I am sure your Vette's great, and i too ( proffesional head on now ) must spread the good words of those who need to reduce road casulatly deaths in the Uk, by taking them else-where, Portugal or Spain perhaps, No even better Morocco.......

Dave- if i could ride my bike or probably even drive a car like Valentino rossi, i would be happy. But alas no, Great in a straight line on the bike, and still learning on the bendy stuff. Althoguh i have a few bits of spanish roads happliy in-grained into my knee sliders  Grin

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: