Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 01:16:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring Rumours  (Read 9527 times)
Fax
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 08:16:50 pm »

Hey Chris,
Good point about the debris fencing.  I'm not certain but I don't think Champ Car has any specific regulations regarding fencing, I think its just up to the venue (as I said, I'm not sure about this).  Mid-Ohio erected some in the early ninties after a wheel got torn off an Indy Lights car and launched into the crowd (without injury) in the esses. They put up a little more along the back straight after Michael Andretti's monumental shunt during the 1998 CART race.
Fax
downshift62
CA Veteran

We go to races!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 09:43:18 pm »

Mid-Ohio erected some in the early ninties after a wheel got torn off an Indy Lights car and launched into the crowd (without injury) in the esses. They put up a little more along the back straight after Michael Andretti's monumental shunt during the 1998 CART race.
Fax

As a side note, once I was working turn 10 at Mid-Ohio on an SCCA regional weekend when a wheel from a Mustang cleared the fence by 5 feet!  On a pro weekend, there are campers back there.   Shocked
Fax
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2005, 09:58:21 pm »

Thats where a few buddies & I are camping in a couple of weeks for the AMA Superbike weekend.  Don't have to worry about the wheels with them...the whole damn bike will come over!
Fax
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2005, 11:04:12 pm »

They put up new catch fencing all round Brands Hatch when the Cart boys came over a few years ago. Angry
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 12:27:39 am »

...the whole damn bike will come over!
Fax

That sure is some souvenir to take home though...  Smiley
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 07:05:28 am »

Smoke, you`re right Keys it is  Cool, check your box you have a PM.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 11:00:14 am »

George / Geoff - yes, the Florida Keys it is.  My scuba diving gear is all packed and ready!

I dived a wreck off Key Largo a couple of years ago that had been purposefully sunk as an 'artificial reef'.  The ship was cleaned up and sunk with the idea of ending up in 30 metres of water resting on her hull bottom.  Anyway, the ship rolled over when it was sunk and ended up resting on her starboard side.

However, during last months Hurricane, there was a large sub sea surge of water that rolled the wreck over the right way up.  Remember. this is a 510 feet long ship in 100 feet of water, that's some movement of water  Shocked

My wife is going to Key Largo in 2 weeks time and hopefully she'll dive the wreck in it's new position and report back.

http://www.spiegelgrove.com/

Steve East Anglian cobras

chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 12:57:38 pm »

George / Geoff - yes, the Florida Keys it is.  My scuba diving gear is all packed and ready!

I'm assuming you've been to Pennekamp already.  If you've never been to Crystal River, give that a shot.  I've heard the Manatees are a blast.  90 minutes N.W. of Sebring (opposite from the Keys, naturally  Grin ).

http://www.florida-scuba.com/Crystal_River.htm

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 02:02:34 pm »

Thanks Chop, I've done the Pennekamp wrecks (Spiegel Grove, Duane, Bibb, Benwood etc) and I've dived from Key West also.

Frankly, apart from the wrecks, the coral and reefs in the Keys are shite.  I've considered the Gulf coast before (Tarpon Springs etc) so this may be a good alternative.

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 08:01:01 pm »

If you've never been to Crystal River, give that a shot.  I've heard the Manatees are a blast.  90 minutes N.W. of Sebring (opposite from the Keys, naturally  Grin ).

Crystal River? You mean right by the nuclear power plant? The two headed Manatees? The glowing sludge spewing from the outflows? That Crystal River?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 12:57:16 am by smokie » Logged

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2005, 09:36:42 am »

If you've never been to Crystal River, give that a shot.  I've heard the Manatees are a blast.  90 minutes N.W. of Sebring (opposite from the Keys, naturally  Grin ).

Crystal River? You mean right by the nuclear power plant? The two headed Manatees? The glowing sludge spewing from the outflows? That Crystal River?

Yep!  You don't need a wetsuit to stay warm, no dive lite,  and every Manatee is 100% cuter than normal!  Wink

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 08:14:58 am »

Steve, looking at overnighting in Key West, is that OK with you?
Smokie, the travel party is growing, shall we go for a cottage?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 09:01:14 pm »

Fine by me - I assume you're just going for the mojitos  Wink

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God