Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 07:31:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rouen Vs Paris which way to go  (Read 12018 times)
LM Frog
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 08:49:32 pm »

The Paris area is by definition very unpredictable.

If it's sunny on Sunday, you can expect heavy traffic all around Paris.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 11:17:48 pm »

Even on a Sunday? I think it's only a little way on the Periphique...

If you like the M25, you'll LOVE Paris. Avoid it, unless you're adicted to stop, start, ad infinitum. PARTICULARLY on Sunday evenings after a warm weekend. Any daytime is a no-no really. Dead of night is no problem. Make sure you have a really good navigator and a decent map.
The N138 Alencon - Rouen road isn't much fun (although no lorries on a Sunday), but there is another route - 3 hours LM - Rouen leaving LM bang on 1600 Sunday (you won't do that with the van, but not far off it).
I'll be off line for 2 to 3 days, so Ill PM you the route.
finals2land
CA Veteran

and a very small llama at that.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 03:34:59 pm »

Hi all, this is our first trip to LM and we are really looking forward to it. We have 2 issues, the first is we are travelling from chunnel to Calais on friday at 0800 and intend to go via Rouen route (following everyones advice) how long will it take me to a: get there and b: to get home. Ihave booked a 2230 train from calais is this going to be possible? Thanks in advance, and i wish you all asafe journey. Undecided

Any landing is a good landing!
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 03:43:39 pm »

Hi all, this is our first trip to LM and we are really looking forward to it. We have 2 issues, the first is we are travelling from chunnel to Calais on friday at 0800 and intend to go via Rouen route (following everyones advice) how long will it take me to a: get there and b: to get home. Ihave booked a 2230 train from calais is this going to be possible? Thanks in advance, and i wish you all asafe journey. Undecided

see our directions on our web site and they are on CA site to, but go via Rouen NOT Paris.

on Friday morning it will most proberly take you just over 4 hours from Calais via Rouen but expect to get held up around the ring road in Le Mans and nearer the circuit.

to get back to the tunnel for the 22:30 crosssing is going to be difficult but you should just make it - you need to be at the tunnel a good 30 minutes before hand, so that's 2200 and leaving after the race finishes can take quite a long time to get from the circuit to Rouen, I would predict a 6hr+ journey back to calais.

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 03:45:04 pm »

Depends on how many speeding tickets you want to get Grin Grin Grin

Map software reckons about 5 1/2 hours, but depends on how long you want to stop for lunch.  Is your return on Sunday?  If so you may need to leave before the end of the race.

We're using the tunnel too, Thursday 0700, but returning on Monday.

There may be some regulars that return on Sunday who can advise....

See http://www.the-twats.com/ for route and timings.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
president
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2005, 03:50:22 pm »

Depends on how many speeding tickets you want to get Grin Grin Grin

See http://www.the-tw**ts.com/ for route and timings.

I got stopped for speeding the other weekend when going down to PQ's but on the M20 for 105mph - awaiting court appearance and removal of license Angry Angry Angry

finals2land
CA Veteran

and a very small llama at that.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:35 pm »

Smiley Hi thanks for the help, i really did not think that it would take me so long to get back to calais, we were looking at the travel times on various route finders and booked accordingly. Did not really want to miss the end of the race but it looks like that might be the way..oh well it is the first time and we were bound to make a few mistakes. Thanks again for your help.

Any landing is a good landing!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 04:08:43 pm »

You could always try amending your tunnel booking for a later return, they may want to charge you for it, unless you can get through to someone who's in a good mood and feels sorry for you!  Did you book via the website?

I usually book  my returns for a couple of hours later than I really want as the Calais-Dover ferries and trains are frequent enough and they usually stick you on the next one going if there is space.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
president
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2005, 04:21:09 pm »

the trouble is the next tunnel train is 01:47 because that is the one we are on - we are leaving shortly after the race 6-7pm but expect to get our train otherwise it is 04:47 Sad

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: