Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 12:42:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sebring  (Read 49172 times)
donny
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2004, 10:56:43 pm »

whos your tips to win sebring 12hrs
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:00:26 am »

Keiron Fallon...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 12:05:40 am »

Keiron Fallon...

But he won't win it, he'll just lead from the start for 11 hours, 59 minutes and 30 seconds  Grin
Fax
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 04:51:00 am »

Hmm...Sebring is a very unique event.  There's an old cliche that the 12 Hours is half as long and twice as hard as Le Mans.  The circut itself presents several challenges.  Being an old B-17 training base, it retains some of the old concrete runways and crumbling expansion joints while much of the rest of the circut is smooth tarmac.  The resulting surface changes, combined with the fact that it's quite a fast circut make it a real car breaker.  A few years ago Henri Pescarolo brought his Courage-Poor Joe over effectively as a test for Le Mans to see what they could break.  Halfway through the race they interviewed him to see how things were going.  He said they broke everything,  right up to the alternator mounting bracket.
On form the two Audi UK and Champion Audi R8's have to be odds on favorites.  I think the Rob Dyson Racing Lola-MG's are a match for outright pace but have yet to prove they can run through the twelve hours trouble free.  Intersport always produce lovely cars but are yet to prove themselves serious contenders.   In GTS?  Vette, Vette, and everyone else.  The new 575 are unproven and are fielded by a new equipe.  Not the recipe for a Sebring winner.  The Saleens?  They'll fall to pieces by the third hour as usual.  In GT?  Porsche, Porsche, Porsche, etc...Alex Job Racing is Porsche quasi factory arm and you'd be a fool to bet against them.  Flying Lizard was impressive at Daytona but that was Grand-Am, this is ALMS, welcome to the big time.  The TVR's will make alot of noise and be fun to watch getting knocked around by the fast guys.
John
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 04:58:42 am »

Hi Fax, Could not have said it better my self. It is a great race. I look forward to seeing you on Saturday morning. look for theCanadian Flag. We intend to be in  the same place as last year.
Canada Phil
Roads to Drive and fuel to Burn.... Keep on Rocking in the Free World
Fax
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 02:03:10 pm »

Hey Phil,
Looking forward to seeing you too.  Its been a while.  You and Moose have a safe trip down.  We'll be there bright and early Sat. morning, hungover and piled into Big Red as usual, R2 rolling around in the back and loaded for bear.  Let the Florida sun shine!
John
Fax
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 02:45:43 pm »

Here's a few teaser's from last year.
John

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fax
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 02:46:56 pm »

Well, that didn't work.  I'll try this.

president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 02:59:00 pm »

my mate Peter Baron (BAM - British American Motorsport) driving his brand new T.W.A.T.S. sponsored Porsche 911 GT3 RSR will win!!!

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
Fax
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 03:38:37 pm »

One last try...

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 03:58:46 pm »

my mate Peter Baron (BAM - British American Motorsport) driving his brand new T.W.A.T.S. sponsored Porsche 911 GT3 RSR will win!!!

Are you on the RFH cars again too??
president
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 04:41:52 pm »

we could well be on the RFH cars again...watch this space

we are on the RFH Scaletrix car available in the shops for £24.99 too

how many other people have their team name on a Scaletrix car?

president
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 04:44:03 pm »

jpchenet - what's the connection with the wine label then? I've seen the bottles in my local Makro store but I haven't tried it yet.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 05:17:38 pm »

jpchenet - what's the connection with the wine label then? I've seen the bottles in my local Makro store but I haven't tried it yet.

None at all I'm afraid, apart from the fact that we drink it by the case load when we are down there. Although last year we struggled to find any!  Due to the bent neck on the bottles, we called our little group The Winebenders. However, a few wierd looks from strangers and sideways smiles from camp campers last year means we're thinking of changing our team name this year.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2004, 05:26:14 pm »

whos your tips to win sebring 12hrs

LMP - Champion Audi (home field advantage)
GTS - not so sure about this one, but I'll go for Chevrolet over Ferrari, purely because the circuit is so hard on transmissions - the Veloqx developed sequential is an improvement on the factory tranny, but still not as bulletproof as the 'vette's.
GT - Racers Group - though if Flying Lizard is half as good as they were at Daytona, they'll piss it.
1st for an early bath - It was shitty Lister last year - I'm fearful for my beloved Morgan...... perhaps I should sponsor it.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: