Club Arnage
May 18, 2024, 04:48:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fassler out, Jani in?  (Read 2246 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2013, 11:52:06 am »

Hearing rumours that Marcel Fassler has been fired by Audi this morning and will be replaced by Neel Jani from Rebellion. Can anyone confirm? Anyone know why?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 01:01:38 pm »

Jani confirmed at Porsche Si................

posted on Autosport  http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108261

"Porsche has confirmed Neel Jani will join its LMP1 effort from next year, competing in the World Endurance Championship and the Le Mans 24 Hours.

The Swiss driver, a former Toro Rosso Formula 1 test driver, has been racing with the Rebellion team in sportscar since the 2009 Le Mans 24 Hours.

The 29-year-old will join Timo Bernhard and Romain Dumas in testing the new LMP1 machine that will make its racing debut in 2014.

Porsche said Jani's contract will extend for "several years".

"To compete for Porsche in the sports car World Endurance Championship WEC and at the Le Mans 24 Hours is a dream come true," said Jani.

"I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel for the first time and contributing my test driving experience.

"Porsche is incomparable with any other marque in sports car racing and I'm proud to now be a part of the Porsche works team.

"My goal is to win the Le Mans 24 Hours and secure the WEC World Championship title with Porsche. I don't just want to build on Porsche's successful history, I want to add a new chapter."

Although he will be a Porsche driver from July 1, Jani will complete his planned schedule with Rebellion team in the American Le Mans Series and the WEC.

"Neel fits very well into our Porsche motorsport family," said Fritz Enzinger, head of the LMP1 project.

"He is incredibly fast, he has a wealth of experience in international long distance racing as well as at the Le Mans 24 Hours and he's a real team player."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: