Club Arnage
May 03, 2024, 05:03:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Driving Ban for speeding in France.  (Read 24598 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 11:04:24 am »

I love that film. Cheesy

Yes, it makes you want to go out and buy an Audi S8!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 11:53:57 am »

or blow up Citroens?
 Grin

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 01:28:50 pm »

Have no fear he says confidently.

It would still involve a Copper / CRS  / Gendame getting out tickets and writing on them.

European Human rights laws would demand that you had a legal adiser in a visiting Euro country and an Interpretor.

If they are like British Bobbies , they wont bother .

Unless you seriously wind them up.

Take life by the horns and live it.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 01:54:45 pm »

I assume that's the road / tunnels that are featured in one of the car chases in the film Ronin.

I must admit to not having seen that film, but if its around Paris, and includes a mixture of tunnels and open road, mostly 3 lanes wide with lots of junctions, then YES.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2004, 02:05:16 pm »

I assume that's the road / tunnels that are featured in one of the car chases in the film Ronin.

I must admit to not having seen that film, but if its around Paris, and includes a mixture of tunnels and open road, mostly 3 lanes wide with lots of junctions, then YES.

A class overlooked film with some stunning car chases in. Would be in my top 5 car chase films. Well worth the rent.  And just to set the record straight, it was'nt the Periferique Di died on. It was in a junction underpass tunnel by the Seine not far from the Eiffel Tower on the opposite bank.

Stu
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2004, 02:42:09 pm »

Gib, as I've got it on DVD, I've got an unwanted video copy here you can have.
PM me your address and I'll drop it in the post.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2004, 03:35:47 pm »

Matt,
hearing what you say about the CRS on their Beemers. We ride bikes down every year (999,996, SP1,R1 etc), and stay quite a long way away from the N138 and such like. We tend to cross ithe N138 at Gace, and take the chance to grab some lunch at the cafe/bar/filling station.
I still think we can gice those guys a run for it, with them in their open face lids (flies at 300KMH hurt), tight trousers and the prospect of severe gravel rash from having short sleeve shirts on.

Not sure.....might just play safe and stick to the speed limit.

Then ago.....no.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
rcutler
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2004, 05:03:30 pm »

NOt a problem for most of us as Police Cars are only able to 60kph (40mph) and they unlike our police are not legally alowed to chase. As for speed camera's I guess you will just have to be doing over 170mph so the camera doesn't flash at all.
rcutler
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2004, 05:04:35 pm »

Can someone confirm my above post. This is from dated memory after lemans in 1998. Also I had to get my 100 posts in.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2004, 08:30:25 pm »

If anyone has driven around the periferique in Paris, you will know just how insane the local drivers can be.  You need to drive like a lunatic just to avoid being hit.

Christ - that road is madness.  It's the bikes that are truly insane out there.

I guess my George W driving license means Matt and I don't have to worry as much about this points gig in France.

Matt, I just talked to the old fella - apparently they're getting a little more tight on radaring in the sticks south of Le Mans.  He just got knicked the other week!

Check this out.  I was in Australia in the Autumn and got a parking ticket which I duly discarded before flying back to the States.  Last week I received a demand of payment at my house from the Australian Govt. and threats to turn it over to collection in the US!!!  They tracked me down through my rental car company to my home address for a $68 ticket!  Probably cost them more to find me for Christ's sake!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2004, 09:11:21 pm »

NOt a problem for most of us as Police Cars are only able to 60kph (40mph) and they unlike our police are not legally alowed to chase. As for speed camera's I guess you will just have to be doing over 170mph so the camera doesn't flash at all.

You're on crack, if you believe that, Mr Cutler.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2004, 09:30:01 pm »

Matt,
hearing what you say about the CRS on their Beemers. We ride bikes down every year (999,996, SP1,R1 etc), and stay quite a long way away from the N138 and such like. We tend to cross ithe N138 at Gace, and take the chance to grab some lunch at the cafe/bar/filling station.
I still think we can gice those guys a run for it, with them in their open face lids (flies at 300KMH hurt), tight trousers and the prospect of severe gravel rash from having short sleeve shirts on.

Not sure.....might just play safe and stick to the speed limit.

Then ago.....no.

Hi Nobby
I'm sure it is possible to outrun the French Old Bill - particularly with the heavy artillery you guys are toting. That said, I don't think any law enforcement agency, French, British or otherwise is all that friendly towards those that attempt to flee them - particularly foreign visitors - who might even be aled-up a bit, fresh off the ferry.
Spending the Le Mans weekend incarcerated and with the prospect of truly massive fine and possible forfeiture of your bad-ass motor scooter, makes running for it a somewhat risky strategy. I think you are sensible to stay off the convoy route

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
dryhen
CA Veteran

Bedford CF Challenger

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2004, 07:51:06 am »

The Bedford CF Challengers don't have to worry too much. Last year all we managed to overtake was two mopeds, a tractor and - believe it or not - a house (a prefabricated one on a 'Convoy Exceptionelle' low loader). We will try to improve our score this year ...... but I doubt if we will succeed ...

The older I get, the faster I was.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2004, 02:17:40 pm »

Gib, as I've got it on DVD, I've got an unwanted video copy here you can have.
PM me your address and I'll drop it in the post.

What a star........PM on its way Cheesy

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2004, 03:13:24 pm »

The Bedford CF Challengers don't have to worry too much. Last year all we managed to overtake was two mopeds, a tractor and - believe it or not - a house (a prefabricated one on a 'Convoy Exceptionelle' low loader). We will try to improve our score this year ...... but I doubt if we will succeed ...

Well the SPS lads and lassies will give the CF possie ago agiant the MG Zeds with Trailer..... Lips Sealed

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: