Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 01:09:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terraclean  (Read 5931 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2016, 01:05:55 am »

Hi!

As I'm a bit ahead of myself, I was thinking about treating the old girl (the car that is) to an internal health upgrade.

I came across a service called Terraclean that cleans out the inside of engines.  It looks like it might be a good idea.

http://www.terraclean.co.uk

Has anyone tried it?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:31:11 am »

Hi Ian,
         Just my opinion ofcourse but : Part of the secret.....
I suspect this is Canadian Snake Oil loosely based on science and a dose of solvent chemicals.
If the machine circulates the " magic liquid' through your cars fuel rail it removes the inevitable build up of crud and then they show you a glass jar  of all the dirt removed from your engine  Grin
which was not doing any harm clinging to the pipes.
Any of the Fuel injector cleaners sold will do some degree of the same thing.
Run her down the motorway in 3rd gear for 10 minutes, that will blow out more carbon  Grin

I am not a mechanic either  angel
Phil
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:15:35 am »

Phil,

I know a lot about snake oil.

I have two cupboards full, one I sell, the other is what I've bought.

Of course now we live half in the digital world I have a bunch of snake oil apps - the last was a 24h guide that I bought and downloaded. 

Of course Canadian Snake Oil might just be what I've been looking for but didn't know it...  Tongue Tongue

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 03:45:05 pm »

Phil,

I know a lot about snake oil.

I have two cupboards full, one I sell, the other is what I've bought.

Of course now we live half in the digital world I have a bunch of snake oil apps - the last was a 24h guide that I bought and downloaded. 

Of course Canadian Snake Oil might just be what I've been looking for but didn't know it...  Tongue Tongue

Aricus

I run/own a car owner's forum (for my sins).

This question raises its head frequently.

The advice from technicians who work on modern Ford diesel engines is don't!

Paul

Crouch..........bind..........set
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 07:08:29 pm »

I run a bottle of Lucas fuel injector cleaner through the cars and bike once every three or four fill-ups.  Great stuff, and reasonably priced.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/lucas-oil-products-fuel-treatment-5.25-oz.-10020/7080006-P
Fax
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 08:40:37 pm »

alot of people have done the terra clean jazz and have said within 6 months its basically back to square one. Every year on the run to Le Mans I always bang a can of BG244 in my tank to clear all the crap out & when I buy a new car I get a can and put it in. Really clears the rubbish out and helps

BG244 (diesel)
http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/bg-44k-petrol-fuel-system-cleaner-325ml.html

BG44k (petrol)

JerryT

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 11:37:48 pm »

Quote from: Canada Phil link=topic=12872.msg171319#msg171319 date=
Run her down the motorway in 3rd gear for 10 minutes, that will blow out more carbon  Grin

the good old Italian tune up is always worth a try.

Also always use a good quality fuel. All fuels come from the same place, but they really do add more additives to the premium grades.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 04:57:37 am »

I run a bottle of Lucas fuel injector cleaner through the cars and bike once every three or four fill-ups.  Great stuff, and reasonably priced.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/lucas-oil-products-fuel-treatment-5.25-oz.-10020/7080006-P
Fax

Hi Fax,
           More snake oil. But at least the profits get re invested in a lot of dirt track and off road racing sponsorship so not a bad thing Smiley
I use SeaFoam which seems to work so we all have our own favourite  Grin
Phil
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 07:48:24 am »

Hey Phil,
If you think it's snake oil, I trust your opinion.  It was recommended to me a few years ago by one of my customers.  The Jeep Cherokee just ticked over 200,000 miles, and have been doing my best to keep her happy & healthy.  I usually put Seafoam in the Kawasaki when I tuck her goodnight for the winter, but if you think it's better stuff than the Lucas, won't have to twist my arm to put it in the Jeep.  Anything that will help preserve the fuel pump, valves, rings, etc, is fine with me Smiley
Our chief mechanic explained to me that most of the fuels today are of such a high quality, and have enough additives in them that adding extra treatments really isn't necessary anymore.  I suppose the days of watching my dad, and uncle pouring STP, or Wynn's fuel treatment  into their cars when I was a kid have sort of burned it into my subconscious.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 05:26:59 am »

Hi Fax,
         Who really knows what is marketing hype and what is true science. I suspect they are all much like my stories: Loosely based on the facts  Grin
I only run the SeaFoam in the bike where it seems to keep the carbs happy.  The minivan has to make do with regular pump fuel.

Phil
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 06:12:05 pm »

alot of people have done the terra clean jazz and have said within 6 months its basically back to square one. Every year on the run to Le Mans I always bang a can of BG244 in my tank to clear all the crap out & when I buy a new car I get a can and put it in. Really clears the rubbish out and helps

BG244 (diesel)

BG44k (petrol)

had a discount code today -

MAYDAY20 = 20% off

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: