Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 04:07:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termietermite cremation  (Read 11411 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 09:17:15 pm »

Will be at work and will be online - even the most senior officer seeking my counsel over that time will be simply ignored.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 03:29:35 am »

I shall be home practicing my forklift moves as I have the test for my license on Tuesday. 

It's not often that time zones work in my favour, however it shall be 8pm at night down here - a fine time to stop what I'm doing, get online, and raise a pint to Deb.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 12:48:09 pm »

With the cremation on Monday, this weekend I have to compose an eulogy. It will need to be in both languages, but I am determined that it should be all mine - the French may be weak, but it will be the best I can do, with a little help from online dictionaries etc!
Inasmuchas I have been a bit curmudgeonly about invitations to the event, I feel the least I can do is publish it here after I have delivered it - and I can also tell you how far I got if I fell to bits on the way. Cunning plan - as recommended by a friend's vicar - is to have a copy with a sensible member of the mourners, who can step in and read to the end if I am unable to continue. As I may have mentioned, I have a hard act to follow, with Deb delivering first rate eulogies for both her father and her sister.

I seem to have failed to post about the plastic duck on here - apologies. When she was very young, Deb bought her father a yellow plastic duck for his birthday - like y'do. (?) More than 30 years later, when he died, it was still in his bathroom, and since then it has been in ours. The Funeral Director suggested that it is quite normal to have a keepsake in the coffin - guess where the duck will be on Monday! The FD was quite happy to accept the plastic duck, said it was most suitable, and enjoyed its provenance.

Missing Termietermite
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 08:01:28 pm »

Ian,  I've been doing the same thing this weekend - it seems that the French, for all their awkwardness, do seem to put a funeral on a little quicker than the english - it'll be two weeks to the day when we cremate my mother in law, since her passing.  Anyway - I've found a quote, which I thought was very apt for Deb, as well as Jean and I wanted to share it with you - this one has gone straight into my Eulogy.    

"To live on in the hearts of others, is to never die".  

Wishing you every strength in your delivery.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:47:54 pm by Brad Zarse » Logged

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 02:37:50 pm »

Ian,  I've been doing the same thing this weekend - it seems that the French, for all their awkwardness, do seem to put a funeral on a little quicker than the english - it'll be two weeks to the day when we cremate my mother in law, since her passing.  Anyway - I've found a quote, which I thought was very apt for Deb, as well as Jean and I wanted to share it with you - this one has gone straight into my Eulogy.    

"To live on in the hearts of others, is to never die".  

Wishing you every strength in your delivery.
Thanks Brad, that is a memorable quote indeed.

The cremation went as well as these thing can, and I got through my 8-page eulogy. There were about 30 mourners,which was ideal for me to meet and greet. CA was brilliantly represented by JDS, Nopanic and Wishy, and we spent a few minutes chatting after others had gone, which was brill in itself. We thought that probably Brad was the last CA-er - apart from me - to see Deb alive, and the warmth of your exchange when you'd gone back to Silverstone in the face of huge sadness, and Deb was so grateful to see you, and so overcome by your distress, was such that it was a great sign-off from the Forum that had brough Deb so much joy over the years.

I hope to meet many of you next year - at Le Mans!

Missing Termietermite
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »

Good to hear. See you next year.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 04:09:44 pm »

Looking forward to seeing you in La Sarthe in June Ian.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 11:03:58 pm »

Ian,

Well done and nicely put.  See you at La Sarthe.

Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 01:38:28 am »

Thanks Brad, that is a memorable quote indeed.

The cremation went as well as these thing can, and I got through my 8-page eulogy. There were about 30 mourners,which was ideal for me to meet and greet. CA was brilliantly represented by JDS, Nopanic and Wishy, and we spent a few minutes chatting after others had gone, which was brill in itself. We thought that probably Brad was the last CA-er - apart from me - to see Deb alive, and the warmth of your exchange when you'd gone back to Silverstone in the face of huge sadness, and Deb was so grateful to see you, and so overcome by your distress, was such that it was a great sign-off from the Forum that had brough Deb so much joy over the years.

I hope to meet many of you next year - at Le Mans!

Ian, I'm glad to hear you summoned the strength to deliver your eulogy - It's one of those things in my opinion - like the strength a mother summons when her child is trapped under something heavy - somehow you just find it. 

I think you're right - I believe I was the last person from this forum to see Deb.  It also seems fitting that the reason that the situation even arose, was because of an act of kindness in order to preserve memories of my little boys first motor racing event (and the minor matter of both of us forgetting to either offer, or ask for the keys to the car!).   My final memories of Deb are ones which typify her attendance at such events - generous, kind and jovial - whilst she was obviously ill, she was determined to enjoy Silverstone - I really believe she did as well.   

But most of all - there are things that Deb said to me, in the middle of the most challenge period of my life if I'm honest, that have given me such strength, and such comfort over the last couple of weeks - to paraphrase some words that you directed to me a little earlier - Your wife was a helluva girl. 

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 10:24:12 am »

Anyone who wants to read my eulogy, which mainly consist of a potted digest of Deb's life, can find a copy here. I'm afraid I haven't edited out the French paragraphs - and if you speak/read good French, you can have a laugh at some of it!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104274476/Eulogy.rtf

Missing Termietermite
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 03:01:51 pm »

Anyone who wants to read my eulogy, which mainly consist of a potted digest of Deb's life, can find a copy here. I'm afraid I haven't edited out the French paragraphs - and if you speak/read good French, you can have a laugh at some of it!

Ian,

thanks for sharing this. Hope to meet you again next June, at the latest!

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45:21 pm »

Thank you for sharing this with us Ian, she was a special Lady.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 11:53:02 pm »

Ian,

Thanks for posting the link with its content - it's a really good tribute to Deb, with such deep colours and richness to it.

Mark

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 03:04:16 am »

Thanks for that Ian, I never knew that Debs was originally from Colne, Lancashire. Ironically I was watching a friend from Colne win a motor racing World title on Sunday.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 10:49:35 pm »

Beautifully said Ian.

I tested negative for patience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: