Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 02:37:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Le Mans Week  (Read 15295 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 11:07:10 am »

.....gather the dates have already been announced as 18/19 June?

Not seen anything announced yet, other than the dates for next year's Le Mans Classic.

MG Mark

Neither had I but younger brother says the dates were announced over the weekend.

These guys seem to have inside knowledge, but may be speculating.

http://www.normandie-chambres.co.uk/le-mans.html

Can't find anything more official.

A google search brings up this but i can't find it on the site .

24h-lemans.com - Live Timing
http://www.24h-lemans.com/live/en/
15h23 : See you next year on June 18/19 2016 (Test Day June 5th). 15h22 : Next round of WEC @ the NURBURGRING Germany August 29/30 2015.

And check the countdown clock. Looks officially  the 18th and 19th to me  Smiley

I also had a great time (again). Its great to see the same people you meet every year 'In a field, In France'. Long may it continue.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:11:36 am by Stu » Logged
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 04:54:48 pm »

And one more reason for returning next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVa4mlFZEmM
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 06:59:57 pm »

Super week, I can only echo what others have said about why. Debby also enjoyed it immensely. It was great meeting people old and new, and with four nationalities sharing the five pitches we were on, the "Internationalness" of it was brought home when Mike Carr from the US dropped by unexpectedly (to me anyways!).

Least memorable night was Thursday, but only not memorable due to the vast Low Flyer I downed in one :-)

Thanks to people for the advice and assistance with the car problems (during the trip I had a flat battery on Monday, a puncture on Tuesday - or was it Wednesday? - and the engine management light was on and the car was misfiring  for the whole trip - new coil arriving tomorrow but cat might be shagged).

My pet annoyance is having to queue for showers and loo at almost any time of day on Bleu Nord, but it's one I managed to live with...

Already planning 2016...
Thanks for a great pitch, GA and Aco pass Geoff although I only escaped the family Thursday it was a great time, good to hear you got home in the Banger and can get it sorted, still in Granville will post more details when I get back as Euro2016 is going to impact on the ferries next year and this could help.
Cheers to all I saw, apologies to all I didn't  or say good bye to.
Ian
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 07:48:15 pm »

[/quote]

.....  still in Granville .......

....... Euro2016 is going to impact on the ferries next year.....

[/quote]

Rhino/Ian - it was great to meet you.  Combining a family holiday and Le Mans is inspired!

Euro2016 looks like it could hit us.  Typically, I book Brittany Ferries - I've just checked - I booked 2016 the 5th Aug 2015.

Does anyone know when they actually go on sale?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
JerryT

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 11:29:14 pm »

Another great week at Le Mans.

Camping on BN with Elanman and MGMark, always good to catch up with everyone.
The race was superb with some great competition within the different classes, although once again had to feel for the Aston Martin team. Just when will they win again?

Disappointed to see the banking had disappeared at MB, and really strange to walk through what was once a very busy campsite. I guess it is called progress.

Attended my first Brethren party which was a different approach to a Friday night and my son even got through the the chilli challenge. Very enjoyable and thanks to all the guys for putting it together.

So roll on next year, which according to RLM last Thursday as they were reporting on the ACO announcements they claimed that the test day would be the 5th of June with the race to follow two weeks later.

So just need to get the ferry booked as the first stage in the preparations.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2015, 05:49:07 pm »

.....  still in Granville .......

....... Euro2016 is going to impact on the ferries next year.....

[/quote]

Rhino/Ian - it was great to meet you.  Combining a family holiday and Le Mans is inspired!

Euro2016 looks like it could hit us.  Typically, I book Brittany Ferries - I've just checked - I booked 2016 the 5th Aug 2015.

Does anyone know when they actually go on sale?

Aricus
[/quote]
Good to meet you and Tristan too, not quite home yet will post more details when on Laptop rather than IPhone.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 08:20:43 pm »

Good trip, the race did fizzle out a bit overnight from the manic start.

Drive there and back via the tunnel passed without incident.

Friday night in town was great, if you've not done it it's worth the effort, don't worry too much about the parade now though!

Houx annexe seems much calmer these days, loos and showers clean and queues short for the most part.

After last years thefts, security was at the forefront of our minds, but the additional fencing seem to have stopped the casual walk in and we had no problems.

It was good to see martini again, and thanks to d f h for the cold beer, most welcome!

The Sunday getaway was about 45 mins, a lot less than last year by all accounts and we arrived at our new hotel in good time for a few clod beers and meal.

Bring on 2016,,

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 12:29:40 am »

Expect another grammar correction Kev mate!

Baaaahhh, humbug. With your post, it's already done. :nyah:   Smiley

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 01:42:26 pm »

...and that t shirt....."Challenge Accepted"

Absolutely beautiful!  Grin

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 08:27:35 am »

Lessons learnt this year.

1. Don't bring any of the kids with you as you'll end up driving them to Paris Charles de Gaulle on Friday night in order to get rid of them. 300 mile round trip and £112 to get them home. Knackered by the time I got back to BN so went to sleep (ish) rather than partying with The Brethren.
2. The Liber-T peage tag is a wonderful thing and wish I'd had one years ago.
3. Keep taking the tablets so you don't feel like sh*t on Friday. In this respect I blame Barry for feeding me Cognac on Thursday night!
4. It's good to see someone other than Audi win. I think that in 7 previous visits Audi won every year except 2009 when PooJoe won. Challenge Accepted.
5. ACO membership isn't worth having any longer. Could not book own pitches, showers reduced in number, members compound full to overflowing.
6. The big wheel is now a bloody long way from BN.
7. GBW wasn't missed.
8. New location for watching driver's parade found.
9. €75 for a grandstand seat in Trib 14 was a good call.
10. I must thank everyone for making this year memorable!

Paul.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 02:51:18 pm »

Good bit, landed in Portsmouth today (pm) - Spitfire welcoming home flying display as we docked - Andy Z - did u see it?

Yup! Wondered if you had too, how was the cabin? Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 05:39:27 pm »

What a great week!

High lights Smiley:

Great race, nice to see a different overall winner and well done Corvette, commiseration's Aston, that's LM.
Jo's attendance for the first time, she loved it, party on dudette!
Brethren party and a slightly surreal wedding.
Robbo's crew cheese & wine party.
Ribs & wings.
2 days in Bayeux afterwards, visiting the beaches and other sites.
Wedding reception, more beer and cider.

Lows Sad:

2 hours to put up my tent due to high winds.
No Grand Marnier crepe stand, after 15 years hearing about it Jo was most disappointed it had gone.
French national anthem not straight after the British one, delayed till just before start of race. Ruined the traditional competition between the fans who could make the most noise.
Seeing the demise of MB.

All in all awesome.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:42:21 pm by Barry » Logged
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 06:42:24 pm »

Truly nice this year. I met Barry the monster. Loads of CA dudes i knew and loads of new ones! I managed to raise 300 euros for cancer research, fullfiled a childhood dream and tried on traditional laderhosen!!  Watched more race than last year saw the end from the gantry over parc ferme .Great fun time on friday thanks to the Brethren for putting up with me again. Good job Mr DJ sir the longest version of White Wedding EVER. See you next year. ttfn

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 09:43:27 pm »

5. Blagging a great viewing position to watch the end of the race, (Over viewing Parc Ferme).
6. Clear run home on Monday, (Found a new route out of the circuit by accident).

More information please?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 12:53:15 pm »

Aircus at the end of the pits (village side) is a reaturant and on the left hand side a walkway that runs down a couple of steps then towards the track. The end looks over the end of the pit lane just where the cars come of the speed limiter. Suprising how many drivers are very carefull about not booting it too soon. At the end when the cars pulled in to parc ferme it was strange to some drivers getting out with their shoulders down looking totally knackered. I gues the adrenalin had all gone and the fatigue was setting in. Other drivers were hopping about squeezing everyone (bit like me). Made me feel hungry though looking through the window watching the rich people eating nice grub, so next time i'll take sarnies! Pat might have some piccies with luck.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: