Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 07:58:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grumpy Old Men  (Read 61877 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2006, 06:18:35 pm »

They can't walk 'cos they might get run over by all the 4x4s.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2006, 06:50:36 pm »

...........opps
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 12:06:50 am by Ian.. » Logged
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2006, 06:36:56 pm »

Don't you just hate this heat,  hot, hot, hot, women with hardly anything on!  just come back from the beach, the sights down there! should be ashamed of themselves, you'd think we were in Cyprus on Ayia Napa beach!!!

* mm3500.jpg (49.51 KB, 329x500 - viewed 347 times.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:39:24 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
nickliv
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2006, 06:46:41 pm »

Have to admit to 'undertaking' on several occasions   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'll just add:-

each journey

Bloody Aberdeenshire.

Necessary requirements to receive an Aberdeenshire driver's licence...

1. A face to put on the licence
2. Money to pay all required licensing fees

Basic skills taught by Aberdeenshire driving instructors...
1. It is absolutely crucial to slam your brakes on if you see any flashing lights ahead of you or on the side of the road.
2. It is absolutely crucial to slam your brakes on if you see brakes lights less than 1 mile in front of you.
3. It is necessary to test your brakes no less than 3 times during each 5 mile stretch of road.
4. Bright sunlight and driving is a deadly combination, reduce your speed by 45MPH on sunny days.
5. Rain and driving is a deadly combination, reduce your speed by 55MPH on rainy days.
6. Snowy roads can only be successfully navigated by Sport Utility Vehicles at high speeds.
7. Indicators are used by other drivers to warn you that they want to cut you off, speed up to avoid this situation.
8. Indicators are unnecessary in Aberdeenshire. Use of signal lights may cause a collision with other cars.
9. If another uses his/her horn to alert you to their presence, they are an idiot. Show them a vulgar hand gesture.
10. When approaching a junction, it is legal to run a red light if an approaching car is more than 50ft from your car.
11. At a junction where an approaching car is less than 50ft from you, ease into their lane to make them stop, then proceed.
12. Give Way signs are placed in areas where incredible collision dangers exist. Stop and take a good look around before proceeding.
13. When preparing to turn, alert drivers behind you of your intentions by applying your brakes 5ft before your turn.
14. If you decide to indicate before making a turn, don't wear down the bulbs, signal as you turn.
15. Cars are equipped with headlights to aid visibility, if you can see, then using headlights is an unnecessary waste.
16. If an approaching car flashes his headlights at you and you do not have yours on, they didn't mean to do it.
17. Drivers attempting to pass you on a two lane road are criminals and must be kept behind you at all costs. Speed up!
18. Any driver approaching rapidly from behind on a highway is trying to trick you into moving over. Show him you're not fooled.
19. If making a right-hand turn, position your car to prevent other drivers from going by on the left to keep them safe.
20. Fire engines and ambulances coming from behind with sirens and lights flashing are just showing off. Ignore them.
21. Mirrors are put on car doors to make them look good.
22. When changing lanes on a dual carriageway, if you cannot hear any cars next to you, it is safe to go.
23. A policeman that has another driver pulled over cannot hear well outside, reduce your speed by 55Mph.
24. Articulated Lorries are large, dangerous, and unpredictable. Do not make any lane changes when one approaches from behind.
25. Always remember that you are the smartest & best driver on the road.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2006, 10:25:35 pm »

Walking to school

Its the best part of the day walking my 8 yr old son the mile to school (especially in this damned heat, 29 Deg in Newcastle ! ah just love it..).

But what pisses me off is the wnakers on there mobile phones and the tsosers who overtake 200 yrd before the traffic lights (single carriageway 30mph limit).

Still beats taking the car.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2006, 10:54:25 pm »

Have to admit to 'undertaking' on several occasions   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'll just add:-

each journey

Bloody Aberdeenshire.

Necessary requirements to receive an Aberdeenshire driver's licence...

1. A face to put on the licence
2. Money to pay all required licensing fees

Basic skills taught by Aberdeenshire driving instructors...
1. It is absolutely crucial to slam your brakes on if you see any flashing lights ahead of you or on the side of the road.
2. It is absolutely crucial to slam your brakes on if you see brakes lights less than 1 mile in front of you.
3. It is necessary to test your brakes no less than 3 times during each 5 mile stretch of road.
4. Bright sunlight and driving is a deadly combination, reduce your speed by 45MPH on sunny days.
5. Rain and driving is a deadly combination, reduce your speed by 55MPH on rainy days.
6. Snowy roads can only be successfully navigated by Sport Utility Vehicles at high speeds.
7. Indicators are used by other drivers to warn you that they want to cut you off, speed up to avoid this situation.
8. Indicators are unnecessary in Aberdeenshire. Use of signal lights may cause a collision with other cars.
9. If another uses his/her horn to alert you to their presence, they are an idiot. Show them a vulgar hand gesture.
10. When approaching a junction, it is legal to run a red light if an approaching car is more than 50ft from your car.
11. At a junction where an approaching car is less than 50ft from you, ease into their lane to make them stop, then proceed.
12. Give Way signs are placed in areas where incredible collision dangers exist. Stop and take a good look around before proceeding.
13. When preparing to turn, alert drivers behind you of your intentions by applying your brakes 5ft before your turn.
14. If you decide to indicate before making a turn, don't wear down the bulbs, signal as you turn.
15. Cars are equipped with headlights to aid visibility, if you can see, then using headlights is an unnecessary waste.
16. If an approaching car flashes his headlights at you and you do not have yours on, they didn't mean to do it.
17. Drivers attempting to pass you on a two lane road are criminals and must be kept behind you at all costs. Speed up!
18. Any driver approaching rapidly from behind on a highway is trying to trick you into moving over. Show him you're not fooled.
19. If making a right-hand turn, position your car to prevent other drivers from going by on the left to keep them safe.
20. Fire engines and ambulances coming from behind with sirens and lights flashing are just showing off. Ignore them.
21. Mirrors are put on car doors to make them look good.
22. When changing lanes on a dual carriageway, if you cannot hear any cars next to you, it is safe to go.
23. A policeman that has another driver pulled over cannot hear well outside, reduce your speed by 55Mph.
24. Articulated Lorries are large, dangerous, and unpredictable. Do not make any lane changes when one approaches from behind.
25. Always remember that you are the smartest & best driver on the road.

WHAT... Carry on with all this bloody waffle and we will call you vqdave 2nd

For christ sake, you are wearing out my eyes... no I am not in a good mood.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2006, 10:29:58 am »

This is not endemic to Aberdeenshire, it also applies to South Buckinghamshire. Except for number six that is cos we havn't had any snow for ages which pisses me off because I happen to like snow. Why do they get all the snow up North? it's hardly fair is it? I would move up there for the snow but what with the extra distance to Le Mans, the indecipherable language, crap football and deep fried Mars Bars Shocked I think I'll give it a miss

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2006, 11:37:38 am »

not just South Bucks either Bob, trust me on this! Smiley  dont even get me started on the inhabitants of Hemel!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2006, 08:20:37 pm »

Blimmin' pikies reached Manchester!  My £10 ebay pushbike has had the seat nicked!!! Dunno how they got it off, cos the bolts were all rusted up! 

I only hope it hurts their a**e as much as it hurt mine.

Grrrr ..  Angry
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2006, 10:37:38 am »

You should have looked before you leapt Fran Shocked

That could have been very nasty.

I hear that bikes without saddles are all the rage in Brighton Wink

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2008, 01:19:30 pm »

This morning I took a gentle ten minute stroll to our village post office to get a form to renew my passport. I was told by the public servant behind the counter, "Sorry Sir we don't have these any more you will have to go into town to the main post office. That is the only place that you will get one"

So. I have to drive 4 miles into Wycombe, pay £1.50 to park and then walk !/2 mile to the main Post Office (conveniently located in a pedestrian precinct) to pick up what is essentually a piece of paper in an envelope.

Why FFS?

It'a an A4 piece of paper, a form, it's nothing that important.

Next you will be whinging and bloody moaning that no-one is using your village post office and that you will have to close. It's hardly suprising when you don't even do the essentials like renew passports and tax cars. Well sod you I will buy my stamps at Tesco in future. Bloody Post Office

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2008, 01:27:41 pm »

Can you not download it from the net Bob?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

Nice to know he is preparing early for next year Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2008, 01:55:07 pm »

Nice to know he is preparing early for next year Grin

It expires in May next year but I need at least 6 months validity left on it in March.

Does that mean Bob is going to Sebring? Yes it does Grin

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2008, 04:37:02 pm »

This morning I took a gentle ten minute stroll to our village post office to get a form to renew my passport. I was told by the public servant behind the counter, "Sorry Sir we don't have these any more you will have to go into town to the main post office. That is the only place that you will get one"

So. I have to drive 4 miles into Wycombe, pay £1.50 to park and then walk !/2 mile to the main Post Office (conveniently located in a pedestrian precinct) to pick up what is essentually a piece of paper in an envelope.

Why FFS?

It'a an A4 piece of paper, a form, it's nothing that important.

Next you will be whinging and bloody moaning that no-one is using your village post office and that you will have to close. It's hardly suprising when you don't even do the essentials like renew passports and tax cars. Well sod you I will buy my stamps at Tesco in future. Bloody Post Office

Bob

Can I help you with you renewing your passport, as you seem busy and find it hard to get to the post office.

So may I offer the following photo for your passport all you need now is to get it signed. I'm sure some where out here, there must be someone who is upstanding and responsible to sign it for you.

* some one else passport photo.jpg (54.42 KB, 639x479 - viewed 470 times.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:34:14 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: