Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 03:34:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you like to play at LM  (Read 27170 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2006, 02:23:25 pm »

Call me old fashioned but I go to Le Mans to WATCH MOTOR RACING not bands.  Attending gigs is something I do when not at Le Mans.

Totally agree with you on that, oldtimer.

First Le Mans car I heard was a Panoz LMP1 firing up, I was sitting in Bleu campsite at the time. I rushed into the circuit to find out what was producing that beautiful music. Grin
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2006, 02:30:42 pm »

Let's put it this way, as the ACO is booking a band anyway for the saturdaynight, they might as well book something we enjoy Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2006, 02:39:32 pm »

Senior moment !  Only read JPC's bit.
Needless to say, band or not, whoever they are, on the Saturday I will not be watching.
However, MB on the Friday may be another matter.  Esp. if our tent is bang opposite as it was this year.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2006, 03:41:25 pm »

As a middle aged old fart, I remember this lot in there hay day. Status Quo, are the band to get. Every concert I have been to, has an age range from 16 to 60+.

Now you can spend hours slagging me off.

Mike

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
rcutler
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2006, 03:56:32 pm »

Let me start Mike!!!

Lets all have taste like myself and Martini who like modern Dance music as well as all the old music. Most people say I have the most varied collection of music on my i**d.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2006, 04:21:39 pm »

Status Quo, are the band to get.
Excellent choice Cool

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2006, 04:56:40 pm »

As a middle aged old fart, I remember this lot in there hay day. Status Quo, are the band to get. Every concert I have been to, has an age range from 16 to 60+.

Now you can spend hours slagging me off.

Mike

Status Quo had that massive hit with the one that went -

DAAAAAAA-DA-DA-DA-DA  DA-DA  DA-DA

oh and not forgetting the other hit that went -

and then of course there was the ever popular one -

Dullsville, Arizona. Seen them live three times. Bored me out of my skull three times. Don't get it. No Sir. Can't see why folk think they are any better than the average pub band.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:58:14 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2006, 05:02:36 pm »

I once sat next to a guy at a Fairport Convention concert.  He had never seen any live folk-rockers before and asked me if I thought he'd like them. "I have very wide musical tastes," says he, "anywhere from Status Quo to James Last."  I kid you not.
Don't think he did.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2006, 05:02:52 pm »

Let me start Mike!!!

Lets all have taste like myself and Martini who like modern Dance music as well as all the old music. Most people say I have the most varied collection of music on my i**d.
Ha!

Bet I can beat you on that one Rick!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2006, 05:05:25 pm »

Never seen them live, but I guess ZZ Top could be good.

Otherwise i think most of the bands I would watch have been listed but top of the list would be Pink Floyd.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2006, 06:12:05 pm »

Let's put it this way, as the ACO is booking a band anyway for the saturdaynight, they might as well book something we enjoy Wink
But isn't that my point... aren't we supposed to be enjoying the racing so who cares who they book on the Saturday?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2006, 06:16:18 pm »

It's fine by me o/t.  If those who aren't interested in the race go and watch a popular beat combo' - who are we to argue?  Gets them out of my way at all the good vantage points so I can get a better view and better pics.

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2006, 06:26:22 pm »

And also, lot's of us will be at the Poobar at the time the band starts playing. Wink

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2006, 07:00:12 pm »

But isn't that my point... aren't we supposed to be enjoying the racing so who cares who they book on the Saturday?
Having 24 hours of hearing the great sounds of the Vettes, Panoz etc etc allows the chance of an hour or so of alternative entertainment, just like the fairground or the Poo bar, it follows the traditional  essence of Le Mans which has actually been going since its inception - mainly through Brits enjoying the fruits of French Wine and Beer. For many its apart the Le Mans experience for some its not (probably those who moan about noisy campsites).
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2006, 09:40:46 pm »

And also, lot's of us will be at the Poobar at the time the band starts playing. Wink
Too true. Grin
Definately no contest there.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: