Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 12:25:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ceremony of hands.  (Read 4103 times)
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2016, 11:36:02 pm »

Evening All.

As always, I'm pondering what next to do at Le Mans that I haven't done before. Having done the drivers parade I was thinking of doing Monday's scrutineering and the ceremony of hands where last year's winners have their handprints placed in a pavement marker.

Are either of these worth doing?

While we're on the subject of stuff to do, I know that Jannine has moved on from running 'Aux Portes du Circuit.' Is the place still running as I do like to have a coffee or two there on my arrival in Le Mans?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:25:11 am »

Hi Pilgrim,
              We did scrutineering last year. It is an opportunity to see the cars up close and also for driver autographs if that is your thing. Fair sized crowd. They set up bleachers and people hang on the barricades. As the cars go by one at a time with long gaps I soon got bored and wandered off for lunch  Grin  I suggest you look at the schedule and plan to attend when your favourite car or driver is going by.
I have been to the location of the "hands" many times but never for the ceremony. I presume the drivers involved will be there.  Good excuse to wander about the town which is always worth a visit in my opinion.
Phil
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 09:17:34 am »

Pray tell me where you gained the knowledge that Jeannine has left Aux Portes du Circuit?

I had a coffee with Jeannine yesterday and she is very much in fine form and looking forward to the season.

With due respect, I hate rumours like this. Unless nipped in the bud they spread like wildfire.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:51:38 am by lynxd67 » Logged
Kiters

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:32:47 am »

Pray tell me where you gained the knowledge that Jeannine has left Aux Portes du Circuit?

I had a coffee with Jeannine yesterday and she is very much in fine form and looking forward to the season.

With due respect, I hate rumours like this. Unless nipped in the bud they spread like wildfire.

from here ?

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/24-hours-of-le-mans-goodbye-to-the-circuit-s-guardian-angel_2_2_1746_20790.html
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 11:50:14 am »

from here ?

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/24-hours-of-le-mans-goodbye-to-the-circuit-s-guardian-angel_2_2_1746_20790.html

Yep, that's the one. As she's obviously still there (excellent news, by the way) it looks as though that report was wrong or she's changed her mind. Which is great, as Jeannine's place is an important part of Le Mans for me.
Kiters

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 12:01:24 pm »

yes that is great news special place for me as well lots of good memories there over the years
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 12:39:50 pm »

Jeanine will never sell as long as her health holds out. She is so well known, so many people pop in, Pescarolo still eats there once a week, and I reckon she'll leave in a pine box. But anyway, glad you are all aware. And as a tip, if you like Jeannine, just turn up with a nice bunch of flowers between you. She'll love you for it.

PS You believed the ACO? I mean, they said that 70,000 turned up for the 24 hour bike race 10 days ago. They were using man maths on steroids I reckon. Such beautiful weather, camping in zero temperatures, wind and rain and if you watched it on the TV as I did the stands were empty.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:42:44 pm by lynxd67 » Logged
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 08:13:05 pm »

Women will keep changing their minds  Grin

She did disappear a few years back, but that wasn't June.

My guess is she's found some help, so can take more time off.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: