Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 11:17:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fuel cost in France?  (Read 11519 times)
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 12:48:22 pm »

Have been playing with the French Govt Prix Carburant website.

From Cherbourg to LM unleaded Carentan €1.479/litre [£1.28] - diesel Carentan €1.232/litre [£1.08]

From St. Malo to LM unleaded Cesson-Sévigné €1.512/litre [£1.32] - diesel Cesson-Sévigné €1.285/litre [£1.12]

From Caen to LM unleaded Alencon €1.514/litre [£1.32] - diesel Caen €1.299/litre [£1.14]

From Le Havre to LM unleaded Gonfreville-l'Orcher €1.510/litre [£1.32] - diesel Gonfreville-l'Orcher €1.270 [£1.11]

Will complete Dieppe, Boulogne, Calais & Dunkirk in a while

Crouch..........bind..........set
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 01:04:28 pm »

That's today, though.  Tomorrow, the results will be different! Roll Eyes

Last week on the way to the circuit on Friday, at Super U Changé, diesel was 1.32.  The next day it was 1 28, then it went up to 1.33 on the Sunday (I kid you not.)  Meanwhile, our local supermarket went down from 1.34 to 1.33.  Go figure.

The local radio station even announces the cheapest fuel available around various areas of the Sarthe every hour in its news bulletins.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:06:16 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 09:11:22 am »

With only a 25 litre tank on the Frogeye I'm buggered anyway and have to fill up where I can

25 gallon tank on my Aston Shocked   Not sure a few pence here and there makes much difference tbh, but i'll just keep topping up as and when!  In theory home to LM is under a tankfull...

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 09:37:55 am »

I topped up at Spa on Saturday and paid 1.44 a litre for diesel.The Dfh guys  were saying that all Total petrol stations have now stopped doing standard diesel....so if you're filling up on diesel, avoid Total petrol staionsas they only do their excellium diesel.

Andy
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 09:53:20 am »

I topped up at Spa on Saturday and paid 1.44 a litre for diesel.The Dfh guys  were saying that all Total petrol stations have now stopped doing standard diesel....so if you're filling up on diesel, avoid Total petrol staionsas they only do their excellium diesel.

Andy

Maybe in Holland, but certainly not the case in France.
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 10:10:35 am »

Petrol was very expensive at Spa, ordinary 4* was mostly 1.68 but some were over 1.70 a litre, and with the euro and pound almost at parity now that make it very pricey. Filled tank up in Kent and only had to put 20 litre in at Dunkerke not bad for a trip of 530 miles.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 10:52:52 am »

Unusual, because normally when we're at Spa (well, Malmedy, actually) in July we find the diesel cheaper there and top up before we set off for home.  Seems that you never can tell.  Where was this, Spa itself, Francorchamps,  the motorway, or one of the other towns?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 12:06:19 pm »

Deb,

It was at the petrol station just up the road from the circuit.....so I guess you would possibly pay a premium as it is so close to the track.

Andy
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 01:38:01 pm »

Blimey wishy you answered before I got a chance, most of the other petrol stations were similar price usualy 1.68 but always more than the french prices, I think the french have a much stronger regulation on pump prices. LPG in belgium was 66 cents so take one of those and save a fortune. More importantly the beer in the racing hotel was affordable, I can drive carefully to save money on petrol but beer is a different matter.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 02:11:13 pm »

thats helped me alot as doing some touring around france and no i know where to go thank you

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 02:46:49 pm »

Deb,

It was at the petrol station just up the road from the circuit.....so I guess you would possibly pay a premium as it is so close to the track.

Andy
Thanks, chaps.

It turns out there'a Belgian site which does a similar thing:

http://www.carbu.be/card.php

And yes prices are a bit higher than here so that has changed.   

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 02:56:03 pm »

It all depends where you gas-up so to say. I payed 1.52 euro/liter for UL95 at a shell station in Hasselt. Around Spa, all stations marked up the prices, cause they get away with it. Diesel is 1.31 at the same pump I get my petrol. A little bit more then in France, but a lot less then in Holland!

And yes, Andy is right, Total in belgium, only sell the premium petrol and diesel, at least at all the stations I have been so far.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Le Vieux

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 04:01:11 pm »

It seems that the situation is pretty much what it's been in France for many a long year now:  Cheaper diesel, but more expensive petrol.  The cheap diesel becomes somewhat marginal if you top up at a motorway service station (I'm always amazed at those who go straight to the filling station on the exit road from The Tunnel.  Fuel is expensive there and you're within sight of Auchan at Coquelles where it's so much cheaper, even if it involves a bit of a detour to get there), so try and fill up at a hypermarket in Le Mans before returning and ditto at the ferry port if you run a diesel.

Bear in mind, too, that Monday 13th June is a Bank Holiday in France and supermarkets will be closed.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 05:28:36 pm »

Bear in mind, too, that Monday 13th June is a Bank Holiday in France and supermarkets will be closed.
Happily, the majority of pumps here now take UK plastic. 

If you want to stock up on booze, go to the big places like Auchan which are often open nowadays on public hols, at least until around 17.00.  (Well, Auchan LM usually is anyway.)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: