Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 03:22:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Trip July 2006  (Read 27005 times)
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2006, 04:49:01 am »

I would either fly to Vegas or (my preference, if you have never seen that part of the US) DRIVE.   I would rent the car, make sure you know how to drive on the RIGHT side of the highway and enjoy the trip to Vegas.  You will probably want to drive around the city any way to find your particular sin.  If the Mustang Ranch or several other pleasure houses are your interest, you would want a car to get there since they are out of town.  Just take some condoms with you.  You could spend a week in that city just taking in all the naughty things and some pretty nice things as well. 
Enjoy yourself and don't let the "Oil get low so your engine won't start"!!!
dirtyboy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2006, 05:33:18 am »

Trying to catch the LA Raiders ( i think ) MLB on a Friday in LA.

That would be the LA Dodgers.

The Raiders have moved from Los Angeles, plus thats an American football team.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2006, 08:27:06 am »

Nothing,I mean nothing beats VEGAS. 

Yep - in Vegas we saw our first person getting a kicking off the police and had the first experience of being told to f off back to England !!! But other than that it was quite interesting.......esp the eat all you can buffet - unheard of in England at that time!  Tongue

Although we didnt have time for a Greyhound trip while out there, I am a big fan of travelling by bus, even with all the small town detours.... they are all part of the fun and I have done some endurance bussing in South America, Asia and Oz - always seem to sit next  to the nutter tho... one lady knitted me a pair of green slippers!    Grin

Fran

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2006, 09:15:41 am »

Like Fran, we've had some 'interesting' bus rides, mosly in the hinterland of Mexico.
Mexican buses stop in the back of beyond, have no facilities, are prone to breaking down, but have some very eclectic travelling companions and travel through places and scenery you would never see on a plane or via the sanitised tourist route.
We always try to 'go local' when in a foreign land and never act like typical Brit tourists that stand out a mile - works for us.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Fax
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2006, 03:09:18 pm »

I'm with Dirtyboy on this one, mostly the bottom feeders of society hanging around in Greyhound stations.  Taking a metro bus around town is one thing but long distance travelling on a bus?  A little too roughing it for me.  You'll spend a lot of time staring out the window wishing you were somewhere else.  Have fun in Vegas, it is the adult Disneyland Wink
Fax
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2006, 05:55:17 pm »

Yes i was hoping for another experience and Greyhound Buses seem very "American".
 I have one bus trip aranged from Seattle to Vancover, so maybe i take johns idea and rent a car.

It would have to be a soft top and ....... ( anything they will let me have )

I was told that even by booking in advance i still will have to que and maynot get on my bus of choise ??

Sithis correct though ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
Fax
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2006, 06:42:01 pm »

There was a time (50's & 60's) where Greyhound line was a straightforward, inexpensive way of getting around the country. But today there are so many cheap, regional commuter airlines that the only people who use Greyhound are the folks who can't afford fifty or sixty bucks for a flight, in other words bums and the occasional broke college kid.  As Nobby said, look out for the brakes (or should I say lack of brakes) on the Harley, lest you find yourself in a ravine getting cuddly with a bear.
Fax
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2006, 06:19:19 pm »

See you all later

Nights working tonight, then off to Airport after.

Thanks to those who have helped and advise on my trip of a lifetime

Virgin to JFK here i come  Grin

Canada Phil - Flight number is AC705. See you about 1000 hrs ish on Sunday

Fax
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2006, 06:29:33 pm »

Hey Robbo,
Have fun over here, give Nicky a wave for me at Laguna Seca Wink
Fax
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2006, 11:38:17 pm »

ok

Found an internet cafe in seattle after a whirl wind few days.

Really have to say quickly - the beans are counting - MAny thanks to Canada Phil and his daughter Diana. Their hospitality was over whelming and i was taken by Phil to see a race with very good tickets, that were FOC. He provided me with a lift 70 miles down the road to Buffalo and even let me loose on his boat.

Phil - MAny thanks

Chicago was a little poor, but got a VIP trip of the White SOX stadium, as i was English and " we dont usually do this, but youve come along way"

Denver and the Rockies - WOW. Pikes peak nearly killed my hire car - well it boiled the brake fluid.

Picked a fight with 2 fat american bikes all because  i over took them in my Dodge Caravan - Arseho:es .

I 'll post up a picky when i return , its probably what stopped me getting a fat lip. Also his birds arsenal was huuuuuge.
Anyway off to vancover now so maybe i'll check in again some time

Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2006, 08:00:49 am »

...Chicago was a little poor, but got a VIP trip of the White SOX stadium, as i was English and " we dont usually do this, but youve come along way"...

You lucky bugger, you'll have to tell me how you managed that, been following the Sox for a few years, would love to get a tour of US Cellular Park

Wooosh!!!!
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2006, 08:38:12 am »

...would love to get a tour of US Cellular Park

Heretic!!  Grin

It will always be Comiskey Park to the faithful.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Fax
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2006, 02:11:33 pm »

I'm with you Chop, so tired of this corporate bullshit naming rights.  Went to the original Comiskey Park a few times, and have friends who were there for Disco Demolition Night. Grin
Remember when they re-named Riverfront Stadium, Cinergy Field?  f**k those greedy SOB's at Duke Cinergy!
They kept raising my gas & electric bills so they could put their shitty name on a ballpark?!
Mazda Raceway & Infineon Raceway? What a bunch of BS!  Its Laguna Seca & Sears Point, always has been, always will be.
Fax
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2006, 03:11:31 pm »

Sounds like this ought to be in the "Grumpy Old Men" thread

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2006, 03:29:43 pm »

There are days when maybe Fax should live in the Grumpy Old Men Thread!  But he always makes me giggle.
ECA

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: