Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 07:27:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Trip July 2006  (Read 26991 times)
Fax
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2006, 03:39:19 pm »

A lot of days it depends on how my morning at work is going...You can tell how this day's started Grin
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2006, 03:41:34 pm »

There are days when maybe Fax should live in the Grumpy Old Men Thread!  But he always makes me giggle.
ECA

Yes, but this is not funny. These bastards are selling our heritage from under our feet. Okay, I know these places need money for the upkeep etc. But I've yet to visit the Vodaphone Royal Opera House in Covent Garden.

Mark my words, next we'll be having some bloody faceless American corporation, oh I dunno, say a massive chewing gum company or something, despoiling that other great Chicago landmark, Wrigley Field.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2006, 03:43:33 pm »

I do take the point.  Audi 24 hours anybody (or is that what it is already?)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2006, 03:45:51 pm »

I will add that corporate naming is completely out of control over here.  Its only a matter of time before we have the Acme Underpants Daytona 500 presented by Tampax at Iams Pet Foods Speedway at Daytona.
fax
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2006, 03:50:59 pm »

Playstation Chicane.  What the f**k is that?  Didn't even need the bloody thing!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2006, 03:57:09 pm »

Andy, you can make fun the Chicago Cubs, and Cubs fans till your hearts content, they're the most obnoxious a-holes in all of sports (but I suppose if I cheered for a team that hasn't won anything in a century I'd be drunk & obnoxious too).
Fax
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:00:32 pm by Fax » Logged
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2006, 08:30:57 pm »

...would love to get a tour of US Cellular Park

Heretic!!  Grin

It will always be Comiskey Park to the faithful.
My apologies, I justly stand corrected. I just couldn't call it Cominsky Park as the true home of the Sox was demolished when they moved over the road.

Wooosh!!!!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2006, 05:41:16 am »

Hi Robbo,
               You are welcome. Our pleasure. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventure.
Phil
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2006, 09:11:51 am »

Acme Underpants Daytona 500 presented by Tampax
fax

I've downloaded some American comedy and there is a joke about exactly that - tickets were hard to come by but he managed to get some - he pulled a few strings...  Grin
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2006, 08:21:39 am »

Ok .

Finally arrived just outside  leguna seca on my Harley Doing Some, and fax - those brakes are a little worrying, but the rear skids nicely....

The american bike scene is here in its full.... and my union jack shorts are ready for the morning.

Phil - Managed to book a car for Vegas $62 one way for the day - and its a sebring. I spoke to Budget and they only rent out the V6 Mustangs, so couldnt be bothered with the hassle.

So far i must add that the best women i have met are from Seattle, Vancover, toronto, Denver and New York, San Fransisco and a few in chicargo,

A few nice meetings but nothing more than coffee, but they all love tbhe accent, so if you have it, flaunt it, all the time.

Today was the hottest day on record for Napa Valley, and it was today i chose to goi get a bottle of wine..... 115 degrees F, whixh is basicaly like a sauna. Even the wind blast at 80 mph did nothing..

Oh - Mr Harley your Road King goes 110mph flat out for quite a while :-)

Anyway, off to chill with a cold one. Will post in later folks.

Bye.

Take life by the horns and live it.
rcutler
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2006, 11:17:16 am »

Good to hear from you again Robbo. I have also found that the american girls like the English accent!
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2006, 03:24:09 pm »

Good to hear from you again Robbo. I have also found that the american girls like the English accent!

You've got that right.  The fishing's good for you guys over here.  Grin

I spoke to Budget and they only rent out the V6 Mustangs, so couldnt be bothered with the hassle.

It's a longshot, but you could try to find one of these if you're really interested:

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=22890
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:28:49 pm by chop456 » Logged

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2006, 03:40:29 pm »

Hertz at Orlando Airport (Semoran Dr) had one on their forecourt yesterday afternoon - a little bit of a slog from Napa Valley - but it looked very purposeful.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2006, 09:01:01 pm »

Maybe we should put a block booking in for a few for Sebring next year.
Shame your not allowed to run rentals at Orlando drag strip (worth a visit if your doing the family trip to Disney etc), although probably get tramped by a rice burner  Roll Eyes
rcutler
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2006, 09:10:19 pm »

Maybe we should put a block booking in for a few for Sebring next year.
Shame your not allowed to run rentals at Orlando drag strip (worth a visit if your doing the family trip to Disney etc), although probably get tramped by a rice burner  Roll Eyes

Orlando Airport and Miami Airport has already sold out of these during Sebring week!!!!

Also $128 a DAY plus tax etc etc!!!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:14:59 pm by Rick Cutler » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: