Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 12:07:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rouen  (Read 5040 times)
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:42:37 pm »

Every year I end up getting lost and seeing ever more dismal and dodgy looking parts of Rouen on the run down.
This year I said the same thing to my co-dricer as I always do when approaching the tunnel "Get ready for the grand tour"...
5 minutes later we were driving past the marshalling yards and up to the 'cow' roundabout...
Did I fall into a time vortex or something??

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 12:49:58 pm »

I use my TomTom and it always takes me along the river bank. Not a problem though as it dosn't  seem to take long. Plus on the way back we stopped for a meal in the city which was quality.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 12:54:17 pm »

Five minutes from the tunnel to the cow roundabout is about average time, except for rushhour of course. A simple way to remember is, second tunnel - second right. This drops you straight onto the road past the railway and to the cow roundabout. BTW, did anyone notice that there was only one cow this year?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ant FR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 12:55:48 pm »

ha ha , Rouen, we ended up taking a wrong turn, went up some silly back road, that just went up and up this hill, continued on and some how ended up on the A28 beyond the tunnel, bit of luck for once.   Not as bad as on the way there where we ended up in downtown St Dennis Paris due to satnav going loopy. 3 hours stuck in central Paris was not fun, still got to see the Moulin Rouge....ha ha
DJFish
CA Veteran

I've never been anywhere near a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 01:24:05 pm »

ha ha , Rouen, we ended up taking a wrong turn, went up some silly back road, that just went up and up this hill, continued on and some how ended up on the A28 beyond the tunnel, bit of luck for once.   Not as bad as on the way there where we ended up in downtown St Dennis Paris due to satnav going loopy. 3 hours stuck in central Paris was not fun, still got to see the Moulin Rouge....ha ha

By the power of TomTom we ended up going through Rouen's red light district on the way down on Thursday night, I've never seen so many skin tight cameltoes!
Also took us a different way home as well, really easy and no queues!
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 02:18:43 pm »

By the power of TomTom we ended up going through Rouen's red light district on the way down on Thursday night, I've never seen so many skin tight cameltoes!
Also took us a different way home as well, really easy and no queues!

This sounds like an interesting Tom Tom development.

Do you want your directions to be

A) Via the shortest route
B) Via the quickest route
C) Via the seedy route

Is it a special plug in that you have to buy?

TeamTickleTheDragon
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 02:20:13 pm »

BTW, did anyone notice that there was only one cow this year?

Is there more than one cow roundabout..?  When I drove past it had the usual number (well considerably more than one anyway, never actually counted them!)
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 04:55:06 pm »

Five minutes from the tunnel to the cow roundabout is about average time, except for rushhour of course. A simple way to remember is, second tunnel - second right. This drops you straight onto the road past the railway and to the cow roundabout. BTW, did anyone notice that there was only one cow this year?

Didn't notice the lack of cows, but I did notice that they had repainted the chess pieces on the other roundabout further along...

TeamTickleTheDragon
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 09:12:40 pm »

We left at 7pm, all went well til we hit the 2km traffic jam to the payage before Rouen. What is the point of having a toll road that is meant to be quicker, then you get held up for an hour paying to get off Angry Angry
For the second year Rouen was no problem. I think we have cracked it Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mwbennett
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 10:30:07 pm »

Having visited many parts of Rouen over the years as they seemingly constantly change the road layout, this year I just set the TomTom to "avoid part of route - Rouen"

Took us round it and according to the TT took us 20 min longer than if we had gone through Rouen. As we sat in a traffic jam for about an hour last year at the Rouen Peage I thought it was well worth the slight "increase" in estimated journey time.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 02:22:49 pm »

Coming into Rouen from the Dieppe directions it appears they are building a new bridge over the eine, which should cut out the drive along the side of the river.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: