Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 11:51:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mad Friday  (Read 19901 times)
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 09:54:28 pm »

I was at the roundabout that friday night and i would say that it was all alright untill you get some idiot like the 2 in the civic type r's or the guy in the silver audi a3 who take it a bit far and keep coming back for more. Fair enough you go round the roundabout a couple of times with the tyres smokin you dont need to come back again and again. And also the idiot in the transit van, if anyone saw that they will agree he was nearly toppling over. But to be honest it is a laugh but it went a bit far this year and next year i can see something happening. But as someone said you can put armcoe up cheaply and also just put some marshalls there and it should be more controllable. But if anyone has any pictures or videos can they please send them to me so i can show people back home what its like cos i was more worried about gettin hit by a car than taking pictures. It would be most appreciated. Thanks
jimmybob962@hotmail.com

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 10:38:48 pm »

First off, I too would like to say sorry to hear about your Sister Robbo, I met her at the Poo Bar and she seems to be a charming young lady.

I also witnessed the Friday night HA roundabout exploits. I have to agree that the "yob" mentality seems to be growing. I am probably going to sound like a pompous upper-class twit here, but I thought that a fair chunk of the crowd were of the type who have never worked a day in their lives and wait for the weekly state handout  Angry and I am talking about whole families here  Undecided Is it really required viewing for toddlers and babes in prams?

Add to that the appearance of "matched pairs" of cars like the civics and the Nissan's, and we are getting to the stage of holding UK style "street cruises" with all the grief and mayhem that they entail. If these Pratt's were as good at driving as they thought they were, they would be doing it on the track 100 meters away instead! In my youth I was a rally driver (with a fair bit of auto-testing thrown in) and I believe that I am quite capable of throwing a car around in circles, but there is absolutely no chance at all that you would catch me, or I hope any other competition driver, doing these stupid stunts in such close proximity to bystanders.

I thought that the way the crowd reacted when the French truck driver got out of his cab was appalling. The guy had just been caught square in the face by a huge super-soaker as he was driving a large artic round a packed roundabout, he had every right to be upset but I thought the crowd were going to lynch him  Shocked He was on his phone pretty fast, and I am really surprised that either the Gendarmes did not turn up, or a large bunch of beefy truckers  Tongue

The van driver was insane, and how the hell it failed to roll I don't know. And as for the idiot in the Audi......... he must have nearly gone into either the crowd or another vehicle more than a dozen times.

However, hats off to the coach driver, who with a fully loaded double-decker coach got into the spirit of things and did a complete circle of the roundabout (with a fair bit of lean on) and got the biggest cheer of the night.

Personally I think that the Gendarmes are going to have to make an appearance in force next year, and I think that all water pistols are going to need to be banned. They should simply confiscate them on the spot.

It may be an idea for the ACO to consider making some sort of official event for people to enter and show off their abilities, or in the case of the civics some head to head drag style racing. I guess there is two sides to this possibility, one the kudos of winning an official Le Mans event may help attract the idiots, or two the fact that it is official will mean they are not interested and they will find somewhere else to try and kill somebody. If the ACO or local Gendarmes wish to stop this, then it would be quite simple with the addition of UK style speed bumps, even the temporary rubber rumble strips should bugger up circuits of the roundabout.

OK, rant over. Now I would like to congratulate the relevant authorities on the cleanup job they did on the roundabout  Grin despite the amount of crap left the night before, I thought it was pretty clear when I next passed through.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 12:48:39 am »

That coach driver was excellent, no argument! Shame some of the car drivers won't live long enough to get the skills to drive that well!!!

The two cars that kept coming back to fail to hang it out  needed the drivers' heads looking at, totally useless. I enjoyed the spectacle, but the dangers were very alarming.

Some regulation soon seems likely.

Smiley

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 04:36:14 pm »

Couldn't agree more with a lot of this. I've been coming to Le Mans for 7 years and this was the first time I've seen people squaring up to one another. There just seemed to be more aggro and more dickheads this time round.

I was watching at Houx Annexe roundabout - most of it was pretty good, but one Elise got it wrong and hit the kerb - another couple of feet and he'd have wiped out a fair number of people.

It'll only take a couple of accidents and we'll end up with a situation like you get in the UK - with cars banned from the campsites, coppers everywhere and fun pretty much banned. And at the moment the locals seem to tolerate us pretty well, but if we give them grief that won't last either.

I love the outrageous side of Le Mans - but the dickgheads could spoil it for everyone.
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 05:38:12 pm »

I agree.  I can be a tad intimidating coming back from town on Friday night knowing that the drunken lot are there on that roundabout goading people to do whellspins etc.  I also noticed a slight rise in the number of non-motor racing fans coming along.  The following link is not from Le Mans, but indicates the type of people I am sterotyping  Wink

http://www.ayrshore.com/cruise2005/shore22042005/DSCF1861.JPG
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 05:40:19 pm »

Thought :

Get  Team JPC's Rotty for close protection ??

MArk any comments

Rotty and Pitbull are available for weddings, christenings, funerals, bar mitzvahs and parties biut they seem to be otherwise occupied with Tropicoma, DBR9's and TVR's during Le Mans  Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 06:20:35 pm »

IMHO. They are not bad lads, and they are certainly not football hooligans. They are just over-enthusiastic kids off the leash having a what they consider to be a good time. Like all kids, they need to know where the boundaries lie.

It's entirely pointless bitching here after the event, they need to be put in their place at the time and be taught what is and isn't acceptable behaviour. If that means a few of them getting their heads cracked open, whether by the French constabulary or by the Rotty, The Brethren or whoever happens to be at hand, then so be it. I accept that it is intimidating if there is only a couple of people in a car but it must be possible for us Le Manners to police this ourselves in some ways.

Maybe some leaflets should be distributed on the day pointing out that squirting water in peoples eyes, threatening behaviour and destruction of private property is not acceptable and advising of the consequences of failure to abide by these simple rules.

People on here may disagree with this approach, but at least I am trying to suggest something positive before it ruins it for all of us. Somebody, surely, must have some ideas too.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 06:30:32 pm »

Andy, whilst I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment of your post, surely if push came to shove and the penalty was enforced, that would make us as bad or worse than the original offender.

Perhaps it would be better for the site in general (by this I mean CA) to approach the ACO and possibly come to some arrangement whereby we could "visually police" the campsites and play areas, as long as there was some method of us contacting the ACO and receiving official assistance to deal with the problems.

If we were to simply unload with the heavy stuff, I get to thinking the Gendarmes will be involved, but for the wrong reasons. It will also cause resentment and further trouble, which I feel is entirely what we need to stop.

Just my opinion anyway.

Tony.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 06:31:27 pm by Mr. Invisible » Logged
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 06:33:45 pm »

I should add that the leaflet idea is a very good one though. Especially if explaining the seriousness of any potential accidents which could occur.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 06:41:54 pm »

One minor fly in the ointment could be the combination of booze and bravado when being egged on by your mates.

In the cold light of day whilst sober it is easy to appreciate, having read a leaflet, the potential dangers of burnouts / water soakers / scooters etc.

However, when some of these placid individuals have had a few brews, they turn into the Incredible Hulk and have an immense problem seeing sense and reason.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Svend_DFH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 07:01:48 pm »

This might help Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 07:04:17 pm »

Arh yes, but the stuff that goes on at the HA roundabout and outside Bleu ain't motorsport!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 08:17:07 pm »

Here are a couple of things, this first is a video which is being shown around the net under the title "Tom Cruise OWNED". Personally, I think it is far from owning Tom, but actually shows how stupid water pistols can be, and what a nice person Tom appears to be.

Water Pistol Vid

This second clip, shows the sort of homemade firework we should consider taking next year to let off at the roundabout  Wink

Firework Vid
turkish.sps
CA Veteran

Champers Baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005, 08:56:07 pm »

At least it's safe to say that the SPS will just keep to wrecking each others cars again next year!!
 Grin

* LM2005_005.jpg (57.33 KB, 576x432 - viewed 220 times.)

"You stole my onions!!"

www.selfpreservationsociety.net
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 10:52:26 am »

You also got a picture of the MG with the smashed in window?  Robbo wrote some nice words on that one too. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: