Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 04:15:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Market...  (Read 14211 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 07:59:03 pm »

Would the job description for the auctioner in BigH's auction state a  requirement for ' a good nose'. Smiley

As for the free market, that's what e*** is for, totally agree with the rules here, if you don't like it, go there.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 08:38:33 pm »

Wow!! Maggie!!

Dennis would have enjoyed LM, he was one for a few snifters with the lads...

Mark is probably best kept well away from cars isn't he?

Look at the mess your free market has landed us in, then think about why it's not welcome here! (And I'm not even a leftie!)

Ooo...little bit of politics.... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 08:38:35 pm »

You've taken a pasting, and no mistake. And have you spoke to Dave recently? I'd be a little worried about the lad, he may have decided to take the last waltz. I know that you fragile and shrinking violets can only take so much.

H - like Matt, I was so upset by all the cruel words, I couldn't sleep last night.  My company is going down the toilet rapidly as all I can do is sit and worry about whether there is profiteering taking place on the CA forum.  Today I developed stress urinary incontinence as a result.  sh*t, I just did it again.

I hate capitalism and profiteering.  We should all just live together and give each other tickets.  And when Hillary gets into the White House, God will guide her in overseeing all moderating of the site.

Sod this, if Fax can do it, I can too - I'm outta here!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 08:57:16 pm »

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
starbar
CA Veteran

I ate all the pies with JJ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 11:38:01 pm »

Here Here dreamracer - I have a ferry ticket on here, that needs to be shifted 'for a friend' Gulp here goes I have also advertised it on s**t dare I say it E**y (phew might get away with that one) but if someone bids the £130 that was paid for the ticket I will stop the auction - thats what  us Le manners are like. I first went 21 years ago with a bloke called Dougie from sunderland (he cant help it)who lost out lots of money on a coach trip that he arranged  - he could have upped our price at the time but no he stuck to his virtues - and I thought good egg, and we have been with dougie some 7-8 times since as friends. It never ceases to amaze me how you hook up with people at Le mans who remain friends for life, I am also going this year with another mate who I only met at Lemans some 8 years ago, Rodders he now lives in spain and is coming up to see us.

UUUmmmhh where was I Oh yes no profitering on here is what I say, I do go on dont I it is the senility thing..

Dreamracer remember you are on the same ferry as me, so if you see some burbling idiot in the corner of the ferry, its likely to be me!!!!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2004, 01:18:43 am »

All though smokie has a  !!Please read this before posting to this forum!!
item at he top of the section.  I'm not suprised people post against the 'rules'.

Because of all the crap on web pages (NOT CA, I hasten to add!) we (people) are very good filtering out the stuff that doesn't intrest us.

I didn't see the 'original' wording of the epsomltd offer so I can't really comment on that.  Though if it was all caps he should learn where the caps lock key is.

I've been on the wrong end of a organising a trip to LM.  One guy got really pissy when he realised how much you can get ripped off but ticket agents.
They get cheap tickes but charge as thought they are full price + commision.
I had warned them that we would have to pay over odds the to pre book the tickets.   Apart from the first time I went in 1980 I'd always purchased tickets at the curicuit and once did I have to find a campsite out side the ACO sites.  

Personaly I think the ACO try to offer a fair deal.  If you a ticket vendor you get a discount that should give you a fair return on your investment.   I'd imagine they are on sale or return.  So there is not really any risk for the ticket agents.

I'm not sure it's a Free Market.   The ticket agents have too much power.
I'm not sure what we can do about that. How did things go with the CA bluk ticket purchase go?  

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2004, 09:10:15 am »

tmdg - we were, rather belatedly, offered 300 BJ tickets which were declined.

In the event, the overall consensus appeared to be that people are happier with their own longstanding arrangements anyway
epsomltd
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2004, 07:09:06 pm »

Maggie,
I love you will you marry me?HuhHuhHuh?
I may only be a poor wimpy profiteering reptile with too much earwax and 4 spare tickets i dare not sell!.
But as they say 'Beauty is only skin deep' we could spend the rest of our lives together selling Tickets on E-Bay!
How about it?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2004, 07:41:23 pm »

tmdg - we were, rather belatedly, offered 300 BJ tickets which were declined.

In the event, the overall consensus appeared to be that people are happier with their own longstanding arrangements anyway

Yes that figures.  As I said the Ticket Agents have too much power.   There are  nearly 700 members in CA and if each one was was a 'group leader'  and each group has ten members thats only 7,000 people.  compare that to the 100,000 Plus brits that go.  It's not a significant amount.    So even if everyone here where to boycott the rip-off agents it would be a drop in the ocean.  

It just pisses me off that the 'sort your own arangements' true enthusiasts don't get a look in on the top sites such as 'MB'.

I found a true ridiculous price for tickets on the web today.   If they really can sell at the prices they are asking it won't be long be we can't aford to go.
for the prices they were asking I expect a the Air Fare from the states and hotel accomodation to be included.  I think they were just offering a Grandstand seat.

Tom.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2004, 09:16:44 pm »

Epsomelda! Welcome back!!
Thanks to you we've had Thatchers vag, Starlings acumen and the terrible thought of Matts grizzled old behind on show in the high street. And now, despite Maggies awful, hairy secret, the prospect of a wedding on the horizon, I hope you're pleased with yourself. Indeed the power of the internet is not to be underestimated.
Have you sold your tickets yet then, or what? For I have a solution which may get us out of this terrible mess. Once you've sold the little critters on e-bay (I assume it's e-bay?), whatever you make over face value can be used to purchase cheap champagne, and shared with all your new pals in The Village on Saturday night! Now what can be fairer than that?
Actually, before the slowly burning kettle jumps off the hearth and par-boils my sweetmeats I better come clean on this ticket business.
Yes Father, it was me, I cannot tell a lie, not only did I shred the frickin cherry tree, but I also sold my spare tickets on e-bay last year....
(In my defence, your honour, I put them on here first at face value) I'm now a little worried about eternal damnation, although I think the hot poker routine could be interesting.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
epsomltd
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2004, 11:31:55 pm »

BigH,
Your worried about Eternal Damnation! At this rate i am going to have to change campsites ,move away from Epsom,dye my hair,grow a beard,change my name, and probably end up buying a Morgan!!!!!!!!
Still so be it,

However i have had an idea! next year instead of trying the 'Hard Luck Story' approach i am proposing to RAFFLE any spare tickets on this very site.
Now Mr Smokie where is the downside to that? Say a pound a ticket(well below face of course) including costs of course.
Aston Club here i come!!!!

Sorry got to go Uncle Dave's calling............
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2004, 02:03:13 pm »

Epsomelda! Welcome back!!

H,

you have no idea how much I look forward to your posts.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2004, 02:15:21 pm »

Well, thanks Tony!

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2004, 02:42:36 pm »

BigH,
Your worried about Eternal Damnation! At this rate i am going to have to change campsites ,move away from Epsom,dye my hair,grow a beard,change my name, and probably end up buying a Morgan!!!!!!!!
Still so be it,

However i have had an idea! next year instead of trying the 'Hard Luck Story' approach i am proposing to RAFFLE any spare tickets on this very site.
Now Mr Smokie where is the downside to that? Say a pound a ticket(well below face of course) including costs of course.
Aston Club here i come!!!!

A raffle at a pound a ticket sounds like a fine idea.  Smiley 52 tickets at a pound each, perfect!!  Wink
Now, if you had 52 tickets available to raffle off like that everyoen could be a winner!!  Grin

Why you would want to go to Villa on the proceeds though I really don't know. Suppose there are no teams near Epsom though are there! Perhaps it's just easier to leave the ticket thing altogether  Roll Eyes
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2004, 11:46:55 pm »

Emsom:

I am flattered.  To have stirred such emotion in you warms my heart.  Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: