Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 06:29:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Bleu tickets available?  (Read 12160 times)
GT5S_1985
CA Veteran

I'm a llama! and damn proud of it!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2005, 02:49:01 pm »

One more hat in the ring... Looking for 2 tickets for Camping Bleu.  Anyone?
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 03:36:22 pm »

One more hat in the ring... Looking for 2 tickets for Camping Bleu.  Anyone?

Have you tried behind the fridge?

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
GT5S_1985
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 05:58:22 pm »

Good idea, but last time I stuck my arm back there I heard all kinds of growling and gnashing of teeth... Kinda spooked me...
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 07:30:58 pm »

You can turn up on the day - make it about Wednesday and pay 39 euros combined parking/camping per car. No problem.
GT5S_1985
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 08:10:15 pm »

I'd heard that before, but am a little nervous about traveling 1000 km without a reservation... Particularly as I'll be attending with a couple of newbies, and if for whatever reason there weren't tickets available, I'd feel pretty silly.

I may do that if there are no other options available, but hopefully I can help someone out that has some extra tickets they don't need, and they can give me some peace of mind...
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 09:21:36 pm »

I'd heard that before

I dare say you have - only because it's true.
Please yourself!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 01:37:50 am »

OK, just double checked and the official ACO website is still showing spaces available on Parking Bleu with thje opportunity of paying the "Bivouac" supplement to pitch a tent!!

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/ressources/pdf/billetterie/24HA05_GB.pdf
GT5S_1985
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 12:38:44 pm »

This is great, but can someone clarify something for me? What is the difference between a "Camping Bleu Lay-by" and "Bleu bivouac"? With the Bivouac, can I get into the "normal" bleu campsite?

Thanks again!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 01:05:00 pm »

The lay-by is the proper bleu campsite. The bivouac area is a small area setup in the bleu car park for people to camp in - apparently to avoid the problem of people just camping in the car park. The bivouac supplement won't get you into the campsite.

You're better off waiting til nearer the time, plenty of tickets will be available.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 01:09:37 pm »

The "lay- by" is the campsite, and is quite small. The "bivouac" is an area of the blue carpark which is cordoned-off (it expands according to requirements) for those wanting to put up a tent or two next to their car. There are fairly decent loos.
I've never bothered to book in advance, as the blue car park is enormous, but you can book with the ACO if you need to feel confident.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 02:14:12 pm »

Bloke who camped next to us last year arrived on Friday evening, payed the supplement and was told to camp in the Bleu overflow field. Guess he was just lucky or that the bivouac area was full.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 02:45:59 pm by Barry » Logged
GT5S_1985
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 02:38:35 pm »

OK guys, I'm a little thick here but bear with me... I'm still trying to mentally locate where this bivouac camping is.

You head toward the grandstands, you've got Maison Blanche on the right, Bleu on the left, and a crowd of drunken loonies between the two. To enter Bleu, you pass the campsite and enter on the left. You then make another left to enter the campsite proper. To the right is a large parking lot - is this the bivouac area? If not, where is the bivouac area with respect to the Bleu lay-by area?

Thanks again!

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 03:07:55 pm »

As I understand it, Camping Bleu is a jagged granite outcrop covered in sharp gravel and the remains of long dead crows. However for the supplement you're allowed into the bivouac area, this gives you possesion of previously erected tents, unlimited Vaseline and the company of lithe long legged models with few clothes, less scruples and questionable personal hygiene.
Some people think it's worth paying the extra, but I just don't know, you could buy a couple of extra beers with that spare cash...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 03:08:20 pm »

It's bang opposite Maison Blanche. It's called Parking Bleu.
http://www.swr2002.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/avatars/plan.jpg
GT5S_1985
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 12:22:52 pm »

The lay-by is the proper bleu campsite. The bivouac area is a small area setup in the bleu car park for people to camp in - apparently to avoid the problem of people just camping in the car park. The bivouac supplement won't get you into the campsite.

You're better off waiting til nearer the time, plenty of tickets will be available.

We're starting to get "nearer the time", and I've dropped off the first page... Anyone have any Camping Bleu that they don't need? I'm not nervous yet, but the last two weeks before The Event I'll be out of town and won't be able to go begging... I could use a total of three. Please?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: