Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 04:42:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I see it has strarted again.....  (Read 32876 times)
Verne
CA Veteran

Whats this about Llama's?

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:26:34 pm »

Well fellow Arnagers,

Having not received the camping tickets I ask for I popped on to that other 'for profit' site to find Houx Annexe tickets up for auction for the princely sum of £75. Disgusting!
Anyone who makes a profit on these sought after tickets needs a lesson in fellowship for the event.
The ebay name is xxxxxxx-Lotus.
I do hope the person isn't a member of the Lotus Club, they should know better. All I can hope is that next year that person doesnt get their tickets and has to pay a whopper of a price on ebay.
Last year I had 4 Houx annexe tickets and sold them for no profit on this site, the ethos was to get other fellow enthusiasts to the event without ripping them off.

Enough ranting, enough said.

Verne.
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 11:25:17 am »

I guess we should post reviews about this seller saying that he is overpricing!
bob
CA Veteran

great Le Mans

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:33:25 am »

Live and let live

We live in a free market economy
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 11:45:29 am »

Live and let live

We live in a free market economy

Not in this forum we don't  Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 12:19:16 pm »

We've had this debate many times (and many times it's been quite heated)

The rules of this forum are simple, no profiteering. But that is on this forum! Other sites such as a well known auction site allow it. If someone therefore sells on there then they are not breaking the rules of this forum.

My view is that it's not necessarily the sellers that are responsible for this secondary market but more that it is the people who buy them at the ridiculous prices.

If people refused to pay the inflated prices then there would be no market and it would stop. I can't see it happening though when the ACO seem to run a lottery as to who will get tickets each year and more and more seem to being distributed by the ticket agencies who sell them at a vast profit as well.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »

Interestingly other items for sale include the giveaways from previous years.  Must have a look through the loft and see what can be found Grin
Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 09:37:45 pm »

i totally agree, if some1 wants to put something on there to sell then its the buyers fault for encourging them

We've had this debate many times (and many times it's been quite heated)

The rules of this forum are simple, no profiteering. But that is on this forum! Other sites such as a well known auction site allow it. If someone therefore sells on there then they are not breaking the rules of this forum.

My view is that it's not necessarily the sellers that are responsible for this secondary market but more that it is the people who buy them at the ridiculous prices.

If people refused to pay the inflated prices then there would be no market and it would stop. I can't see it happening though when the ACO seem to run a lottery as to who will get tickets each year and more and more seem to being distributed by the ticket agencies who sell them at a vast profit as well.

Reesy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 09:50:31 pm »

Being from Australia, I won't get to to many 24 hrs in my life time, so when the ACO stick me in Bleu (with seemingly every other person on the internet), I know I'm not going there.

So I find an agency who have the pass which I want available, but I have to get 2 GA from them as well which adds up to 170 GBP (or $400 aussie dollars).

At least if I pay an over inflated price on you know what, then I can get my General Enclosure tickets at the gate and save considerably.

I do check this and other web forums daily in the hope that what I am after will come up, but if it doesn't I will get them via auction. If thats encouraging them, then I'm open to other Idea's.

By the way if anyone does have a spare Karting Nord pass, then let me know and we can negotiate.

Regards
Reesy
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 10:10:40 pm »

Being from Australia, I won't get to to many 24 hrs in my life time, so when the ACO stick me in Bleu (with seemingly every other person on the internet), I know I'm not going there.

Hi Reesy - welcome to CA.

Nothing wrong with Bleu - personally I prefer it to KN.

Don't forget that all the campsites (with the exception of Beausejour) will be full to the brim. 

However, if you want to change, you've got 3 options:
- Go with ticket agency at inflated prices
- Go eBay with inflated prices
- Watch this site - there will be (or there usually is) some tickets available at most sites as people drop out for various reasons. 

Best of luck

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 10:34:48 pm »

Hi Reesy,

Whereabouts in Aus do you call home?  My Dad is in Queensland and loving it. (We're Kiwi's - just to warn you).

Well done for making the trip.  You won't regret it.  Just remember to turn up at the 'Poo Bar' on Sat night.  ;o)

Bleu - never been there but it is just across the road from Maison Blanche so you're close to the off track action.  Shocked)

D

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 11:51:52 pm »

Nothing wrong at all with bleu - I shall be there again myself this year!  Grin

Fran
Reesy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 12:27:18 am »

Considering I may only get to one LM in my life time (I certainly hope not), I want some where where the camp site is as close as possible to the track. I am taking my wife and for some reason she will probably try to sleep during the race a little, so it would be good to be able sit near the track and not be a large distance from the tent. If I was a regular and the novelty of watching the cars had warn off just a fraction then I would have no problem with bleu.

I live in sydney btw. and yeah I know it will be well worth it. I normally set up my pc and TV (live timing) in my living room and listen each year. During 2005 we decided that we just have to go.

Also looking forward to Australia V Brazil just an hour after the race ends.

Poo Bar? Tell me more?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 12:47:12 am »

Hi Reesy, and welcome to CA.

To help you put it into perspective, Bleu Nord is at the most a 5 minute walk to the nearest part of the track and probably only 15 minutes to the start/finish line without any traffic. Obviously at the start on race things things are far busier but still no more than 30 minutes through the crowds!

Maison Blanche is just across the road frommBleu and where a lot of the CA regulars will be and I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say you'll be wlecome to call in for a beer!!  I'm sure you'll do the same if we ever get to the Bathurst???  Grin

Unfortunately, our Aussie regular, and fellow Tropicoma inventor, can't make it this year (he's in Brisbane), and as Doris says, there are unfortunately a few Kiwis around <R&DFC> but I'm sure you'll have a great time. Please make sure you look up "Team JPC" on maison Blanche. We'll throw a shrimp on the barbie for you!!!  Smiley
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 12:51:18 am »

As an aside Reesy, Karting Nord, whilst inside the track, is these days full of Danish groups (thousands of them) and not the most hospitible of sites for individuals. I'd recommend you either stick with Bleu, try for Maison Blanche, or try for Houx Annexe, and thank your lucky stars that as a first timer you haven't been allocated Beausejour like most others!!!!
Reesy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 01:07:22 am »

Thanks for the tips. I'll have a think about it.

Will definately drop by for a beer. And if they ever get the Bathurst 24 hr back up and running then your more than welcome to drop by our place on the hill.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: