Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 07:24:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Reading  (Read 2497 times)
Fax
« on: November 30, 2003, 05:35:51 am »

Just a thought for some of the old timers (Rick, Phil, etc.) out there looking for some good literature to sit down with and good pint of the amber beverage to while away the winter months.  This year a couple of books really stand out.  The new John Tipler look back at Ronnie Peterson may very well be the best racing bio ever, certainly the best since "Mon Ami Mate".  Really does justice to to man who put the capital R in racer.   Also the Lotus 72 book by the same publisher is a "must have" by any anorack of that period.
John
ChrisConsidine
Club Arnage Administrator
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 09:45:07 am »

Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever read American Grand Prix Racing?  Not a shameless plug for my father's book, but instead, I wonder how many of you guys in other countries have gotten copies or would even be interested in American GP drivers.  BTW  his next book will be American Sports Car Racing.

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com
Fax
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 06:08:48 pm »

Hi Chris,
I've got a copy of it and its a terrific read.  Just a shame there haven't been any drivers to add to it.  Doesn't look like there will be any in the near future either.  When I began following the sport in the early seventies there were sometimes as many as four or five Yanks on a GP grid.
John
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 07:26:19 pm »

and there was me thinking that this thread was about the Reading Festival getting a new time slot in the colder time of year.....

If you havent read it already - "Flat Out, Flat Broke" by Perry 'The Stig' McCarthy.  Laughed a lot, was very entertained, infact read it in a day - couldnt put it down

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: