Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 01:46:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wokinghram meet anyone??  (Read 18393 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 10:54:49 am »

Just to drag this back on topic - the Plough cloeses next Monday for a 13 week refurb.

Justa  little further along the main road into Wokingham is the Three Frogs, which has recently undergone a refurb and isn't a bad boozer now.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 10:56:55 am »

Lets give it a whirl then. We need a date. How about Friday 4th April?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 02:20:05 pm »

Just to drag this back on topic - the Plough cloeses next Monday for a 13 week refurb.

Justa  little further along the main road into Wokingham is the Three Frogs, which has recently undergone a refurb and isn't a bad boozer now.

Have they put some soul back into the place? It used to be packed back in the70's and 80's, just completely lost it after it was a Hungry Horse  Roll Eyes
 You do have a motive though Geoff, it must be at least 3 feet shorter to walk to than the Plough.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 02:34:23 pm »

You're right Ian, the place had become a dump. It is my closest local and I was always reluctant to walk the extra 3 feet to the Plough, but at times it was essential (e.g. when no-one could be bothered to serve us, or when I tried buying Canada Phil a drink with a Scottish tenner which they refused to take). It has a new manager, and the pub has been opened up internally and, most importantly, is no longer a Hungry Horse so is starting to attract business back.

Most Fridays would be good for me...
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 03:30:46 pm »

not good for us dan souf, as we have a gathering that evening as well, would like to do both, could you rethink your date?

That was the first date I thought of but any will do me. Whatever is best for everyone.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 03:57:02 pm »

not good for us dan souf, as we have a gathering that evening as well, would like to do both, could you rethink your date?

That was the first date I thought of but any will do me. Whatever is best for everyone.

I'll start a poll for dates then

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 08:06:42 pm »

Ow fah dan souf do you want to get Spidey. Unfortunately living in the millionaires paradise does not bode well 'wiv goin up norf'... Costs a friggin arm an a leg to get orf these Islands, ask Fagey if you do not believe me. So sometimes you are more fortunate... sometimes...

>Martini...

PS and don't believe all that FlyBe 'orlicks that you read abaht £39 flights
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:08:26 pm by Martini » Logged

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 08:33:54 pm »

Well... first day done in Wokinghram and I have sorted free accomodation in the Guest room in one of the council sheltered blocks in town. Looks like I will be staying up there 2 nights a week to bump up the hours and save on fuel.
Booked Wednesday and Thursday night next week if anyone fancys a beer one of those nights?

If a bigger meet is planned I can book a Friday as long as I have notice. The rooms in the blocks seem rather popular as they are £5.50 a night and you have access to the kitchen too Grin

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2008, 08:42:51 pm »

The 3 Frogs, now that place brings back memories.

Haven't been in there since I was barred in 1975 for drinking underage, absolute sods, been going in for months and it was a week before my 18th.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2008, 09:33:47 pm »

Well... first day done in Wokinghram and I have sorted free accomodation in the Guest room in one of the council sheltered blocks in town. Looks like I will be staying up there 2 nights a week to bump up the hours and save on fuel.
Booked Wednesday and Thursday night next week if anyone fancys a beer one of those nights?

If a bigger meet is planned I can book a Friday as long as I have notice. The rooms in the blocks seem rather popular as they are £5.50 a night and you have access to the kitchen too Grin

PP

A lunch time tour you may like to take could start at the Hope and Anchor (Stab vest recomended) opposite The Shute end office, the up to the Queens Head on the Terrece, then head into town to The Broad Street Tavern, along and into Peach Street to The Metropolian for quick a game of Crib with Smokie, Then around past the All Saints Church (note the Mile marker opposite the Church) and around to the Ship, then head back into Town to the Victoria, then on to the Redan, Shouldnt bother with the Rose, but stop at the Red Lion for a nice Thi lunch, then cross over to Lloydes bar and the wine bar opposite, back on to Demark Street and on down to the Crispin (an buy a few chemicals if you wish), out of the Crispin over to the Lord Raglan,  then on down to the Dukes Head, and then back to the Molly Miller for a scrap with the Squadies before heading back to the WDC offices for a nice kip. You will have walked about a mile and a bit, jolly good excercise if you keep it in a daily routine.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:09:34 pm by Ian.. » Logged
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2008, 10:22:38 pm »

Sounds like a great way to get to know the town... Think I will leave it until I have got my first week out of the way before I embark on the mission though.  I think 10 pints for lunch would be a bit hard to cover up in the office as there are hardly any staff there so the stench of booze and slurred words would be easily traced!
Perhaps on one of my nights up there Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: