Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 02:38:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tie me down Kanagroo sport  (Read 9383 times)
JPS Beemer

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:24:31 am »

Morning all

6 weeks and counting and if the weather in the good ol' U of K is anything to go by we could be in for the first scorcher for a few years.

Does anyone know if Kanagroo TV will be offering their services and if yes how you go about booking it.  I've scoured their site and the LM.org site and can't see a booking form anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

JPS

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:54:37 am »

I have a feeling they've changed their name.  Chris from Kangaroo posted last year with all the info so I've e-mailed him to ask what gives for 2011.  Hopefully he'll reply.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:09:59 am »

There's been much debate on Kangaroo TV being available at Le Mans this year.
I emailed them in March and got this reply:

"We are not able to confirm at this time whether or not we will be in Le Mans this year.  I have received quite a lot of interest in this is the past couple of days and will relay the information to management.   We will announce either way as soon as possible and I have filed your email for a follow-up when we are ready.  Sorry for the inconvenience and I’ll be in touch."
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:31:59 pm »

I have a feeling they've changed their name. 

Correct - they are now called FanVision.

I received an email from them about this in March, which also gave details of their new G3 model - lighter and with a bigger screen.  But they were homing in on F1 - no mention of LM.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:15:04 am »

Googling shows that a number of ticket agencies are offering packages that include Kangeroo TV, however as suggested they have changed their name and it is very unclear as to whather they will be at Le Mans.  Be disappointing if they aren't.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:23:13 am »

Entering "Kangaroo TV" in to Firefox resolves instantly to Fanvision.

Statement from their website: -

FanVision delivers instant replays, multiple camera views, and statistics to your dedicated mobile device. Available exclusively at live NFL, college football, NASCAR, PGA, and Formula 1 events

Looks like LM is off their list at the moment.

Crouch..........bind..........set
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »

Entering "Kangaroo TV" in to Firefox resolves instantly to Fanvision.

Statement from their website: -

FanVision delivers instant replays, multiple camera views, and statistics to your dedicated mobile device. Available exclusively at live NFL, college football, NASCAR, PGA, and Formula 1 events

Looks like LM is off their list at the moment.

Oh dear.  Does that mean I'll have to watch the race and listen to RLM as usual then.......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
JPS Beemer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 08:43:14 am »

Cheers one and all

Presumably with about 6 weeks left it's looking like they won't be there then.

I don't have an issue with RLM and the giant screens but for those that wanted to be bang up to date with all the timing/positions/action through the whole 24 hours it really added something.

Oh well, I guess money talks and for whatever reason they either weren't making enough and/or the suits who now run LM were asking too much from them to be on site.

JPS

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 12:45:18 pm »

Just read on motorsporten.dk that Kangaroo TV will not be gooing to Le Mans this year. To bad, realy enjoyed there coverage.

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 12:55:46 pm »

Oh dear.  I'd just read a post on Pistonheads where somebody had had an e-mail from them saying that they were still negotiating.  Obviously it fell through.  A pity.  I guess with the number of pitstops and complications in the new F1 regs that they think they'll have enough business there.

Shame, because the things were a real asset to me - saved me going up and down to look at the monitors in the grandstand. Sad

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 02:53:45 pm »

DailySportscar.com carried confirmation over the weekend of no KTV at LM in 2011.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 03:43:17 pm »

Clusterf*ck - I had one last year and found it great value - was looking forward to get one again this year Sad

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 10:03:12 pm »

We did without Grandstand tickets this year as we were going the Kangaroo route!

Bugger Sad

Did I just say that out loud?
tn*c
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 10:33:04 pm »

Does anyone know if they do unlimited data USB Modems in France without a long contract?

I have looked online and some places rent them out, but there is still a per mb charge. Any idea what running live timing would use during the race in the way of MB's?
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 09:06:28 am »

Does anywhere do SMS updates?

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: