Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 07:59:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aston Martin / Club Arnage T Shirt Design  (Read 11211 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 02:26:23 am »

Let me know if you're really stuck Chris, I can print the transfers and post them to you. I won't volunteer to get and iron shirts for you as I'm crap at it.
Thanks Smokie, I will let you know if i am struggling. I will get the transfer paper and could alway post it to you if needed. I would of course re emberse you for the ink costs as it would be 12 A4 sheets worth of printing.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 03:23:07 pm »

I'm with Pidge on this one.
Whilst I applaud the creativity and effort (though not necessarily the sentiment, in that I'm not sure ALL visitors will be rooting for Aston Martin), I think you are on very dodgey ground, regarding unauthorised use of copyrighted materials, company logos, brandmarks and images.
It has "Unsanctioned Merchandise" written all over it (perhaps you should write that all over them).
Either way, in God's own country - and Sebring is located within that hallowed place - you would definitely get your balls sued off.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 03:41:56 pm »

You would be right if i was selling them for profit. But I have done the design and made it freely available to anyone who wants to use it.
When all is said and done, I think the Aston Martin team will be greatful to see some fans making an effort to show their support for the team and having some National pride.

There is no law against being creative for your own purpose.

Be interested to know what they would sue for, since I have no money anyway !
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 04:02:39 pm »

I would also be interested in a t-shirt for Sebring.If one of you fine lads
could be persuaded to bring a 2xxl with you.Would be willing to trade turn10 VIP passes.Possilbly 1 or 2 lgs. for the turn 10 seniors. Grin Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 05:51:06 pm »

You would be right if i was selling them for profit. But I have done the design and made it freely available to anyone who wants to use it.
When all is said and done, I think the Aston Martin team will be greatful to see some fans making an effort to show their support for the team and having some National pride.

There is no law against being creative for your own purpose.

Be interested to know what they would sue for, since I have no money anyway !

Easy there, Tiger. I'm sure you'll get the full SP, Chris, if you call FoMoCo legal dept and just tell them that you have applied an Aston Martin Lagonda brandmark to a piece of apparel without their permission.

Personally, I don't give a flying fart - and like I said, I admire your creativity, patriotism and enthusiasm, - and I ain't no lawyer, but you have heard of copyright, passing-off, trademark violation, - right?

Just because an image is in the public domain does not mean you have any rights to use it for your own purposes - regardless of the fact that you don't intend to sell it.

It's your call - I was just saying that Pigeon is right as far as US litigious lunacy is concerned. Publish and be damned!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 06:10:39 pm »

There are legal firms whose entire output is devoted to the area of "intellectual property rights". It's not just a question of money, it's image. FoMoCo may not want to see the Aston logo being sullied by association with Club Arnage and us peasants and our profanities. Rather like the ACO and the now infamous "Commer posters". In 2003 the ACO had a total sense of humour failure and tried to hunt me down. Chris Considine of CA was called in to the office for a bollocking. It was solely because of this that I stuck an A3 Commer poster in the main ACO office window to antagonise them. Whic is why in 2004 Smokie wasn't allowed to show it on the forum and Stu had to host it.

Whilst annoyingly Pidge and Matt are legally correct, it is for this reason I think your Teeshirt idea is great.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 06:16:35 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 06:18:05 pm »

Thanks Andy,
Well i guess we may well find out what the Aston Martin lot think, should any of them take up my invite to drop by the Club Arnage camp area if they want a break from work and want to relax and have a few drinks etc.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 06:20:40 pm »

Also, lets face it, they will have better things to do at Sebring like winning the class and beating Corvettes ass ! They won't have time to chase after me if they don't like the t shirt.

Also since the t shirt isn't going to have my name and address on it, they would have a real hard time trying to trace me anyway.
Fax
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 06:33:58 pm »

Winning the class and beating Vette ass?  Had me laughing so hard almost had coffee coming out my nose...silly, silly man.
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 06:49:55 pm »

I might be dreaming mate, but in the immortal words of Kevin Keegan (he was a top British touring car racer in the 70's) "I'd just love it if we beat them, love it!".

He lost.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 07:01:58 pm »

I was alway under the impression that if you slighty changed the image then it was no longer covered under copy write. The image put out by Aston of the car had 59 on the door, I have changed it to the race nimber they are using at Sebring 58.

The Aston logo came from a recent copy of Nuts magazine
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 07:11:39 pm »

I've just received through the post a rather nice t-shirt from N138 with a 'Speed Chills' script and a morphed Aston picture.
http://www.n138.net/speedch.htm

Steve East Anglian cobras

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 07:26:11 pm »

not trying to give in easily, but would this be legal then?

looks crappy to me Roll Eyes

[edit] not crappy, but VERY different Undecided [/edit]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 07:27:08 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 07:44:36 pm »

I think it's just dandy as well.
While you're on Chris, can you put an image of the new Jag on there along with the Ford logo. Can I suggest the text: "Sir William Says f**k Off Out Of Coventry, You Twats". And maybe a similar styled flag outside your camp at Sebring.
I had a mate who worked for the copyright dept at Shell. It was his job to scour the worlds literature (pre internet), and the world itself for that matter, for anything that resembled the scalloped "SHELL" logo, and fire off some very unfriendly correspondance indeed. Can you imagine? - some local bloke in a fuel station on a track in the Congo who has a handpainted Shell sign outside, although he is selling filtered bog water, and is half pickled from a lifetime on the local moonshine, gets a threatening letter from the Strand!
Unsurprisingly his strike rate was pretty low, but it kept him off the streets I suppose. Nowadays, I reckon it could be a lot more streamlined and hi tech. The Congo's still the Congo though. (If anyone actually replied to his letters, Shell were onto them like a pack of dogs. Not long haired dachsunds, either)
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005, 07:50:08 pm »

I've just received through the post a rather nice t-shirt from N138 with a 'Speed Chills' script and a morphed Aston picture.
http://www.n138.net/speedch.htm

You'll look a right Bender in that Steve! Proper Flamers attire, and no error.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: