Club Arnage
May 19, 2024, 11:53:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans 2015 Legends Support Race  (Read 2964 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »

This year's support race will be cars from 1949-68.

This will include Ford GT40, Porsche 908 and 910, Alfa Romeo T33/2 and Jag C and D types.

They say that they will only accept cars that can lap at a reasonable speed.

http://motorracinglegends.com/index.html?subj=Le+Mans+Legends

Personally, I love to see these cars, particularly from the inside of the Dunlop chicane where you can graphically see the roll and weight transfer.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 01:02:26 pm »

Personally I would like to see them remove the Dunlop Chicane and then we could glimpse the cars and track a tiny bit nearer the spec both were in period!

To my mind those cars, especially the ones built up to the early 60's were not really designed to cope with tight corners and are at their best viewed on long sweepers, hopefully with a handsome drift!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 06:03:06 pm »

Personally I would like to see them remove the Dunlop Chicane and then we could glimpse the cars and track a tiny bit nearer the spec both were in period!

To my mind those cars, especially the ones built up to the early 60's were not really designed to cope with tight corners and are at their best viewed on long sweepers, hopefully with a handsome drift!

Wink  Smiley

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:08:34 pm »

Its a shame they can't remove the Dunlop Chicane period.  During my trips to the Sarthe, we always watched the start from the entry to the Dunlop Curve, looking back up the pit straight, and I always found the start to be something of a let-down.  All the pagentry & build up before the start, the formation lap, the cars bursting into view from the Ford Chicane, take the flag and charge down the pit straight...just to slam on the brakes and virtually crawl to a stop to go to file through the chicane.  Never found that very inspiring.
Fax
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 08:55:44 am »

Can't be, sadly. The changes to the Dunlops was all part of the contract to keep the bike GP in May.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 11:52:45 am »

Have there been further changes since last year?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: