Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 01:31:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For you WW2 plane fans - 2 Lancasters this summer  (Read 18352 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 02:14:12 am »

Hi Nick, Now that would be cool. As a 20 minute ride along costs $3500 I dread to think what a 3 day crossing of the Atlantic would be  Grin
Phil

You could always pass yourself off as a replacement engine. Tom always says you sound like one once in the tent.  Grin  Wink

Hi Stu,
         Funny you should say that you cheeky bugger  Grin The museum has just traded two small aircraft they have duplicates of for 2 Rolls Royce engine......still in the crate from the factory.
Phil
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 11:24:28 pm »

So let me get this right then.  Phil is flying across to Le Mans this year in a Lancaster, sandwiched between 2 factory crated zero hour Merlins, making a noise like one?  I can think of many worse ways to arrive at La Sarthe. 

Look forward to seeing FM213, the Mynarski Lancaster in the air together with PA474, "Phantom of the Ruhr" together this summer; it's just a shame that the appearance in Uk of what will be a "once in a Lancaster" trip for FM213, will be too early for the intended return to airworthiness of NX611, Just Jane, to make it 3 in the air together.

This year's BBMF display info should give a clue as to where they're likely to appear together in Augusthttp://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/displayinfo/

Fingers crossed for a safe crossing of the pond for the old girl, both ways.

MG Mark   

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 09:40:16 am »

As BBMF are scheduled to do all of the Bournemouth Air Festival at the end of Aug I hope I'll get to see 2 Lancs in the air, as Mark says, a shame it's too early for 3.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 01:37:53 pm »

Look forward to seeing FM213, the Mynarski Lancaster in the air together with PA474, "Phantom of the Ruhr" together this summer; it's just a shame that the appearance in Uk of what will be a "once in a Lancaster" trip for FM213, will be too early for the intended return to airworthiness of NX611, Just Jane, to make it 3 in the air together.

Mark, a small correction, PA474 is wearing the colours of 617 at the moment, as Thumper III, sadly not as the Phantom which she wore 2007 - 2013. Personally, I can't wait to see the two together, I've even allocated a days annual leave to see them.

For you Twitter users :
@CWHM (#Lanc2UK)
@RAFBBMF
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:41:49 pm by Jason » Logged

Wooosh!!!!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 10:45:59 pm »

Mark, a small correction, PA474 is wearing the colours of 617 at the moment, as Thumper III, sadly not as the Phantom which she wore 2007 - 2013. Personally, I can't wait to see the two together, I've even allocated a days annual leave to see them.

Good spot - hadn't clocked that change

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 05:31:45 am »

maybe you can get a lift over Phil ;-)

Hi Nick, Now that would be cool. As a 20 minute ride along costs $3500 I dread to think what a 3 day crossing of the Atlantic would be  Grin
Phil
Yep, that certainly makes the $350 I paid for a 25 minute flight in the B-17 look like a complete bargain !
Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 01:07:35 pm »

maybe you can get a lift over Phil ;-)

Hi Nick, Now that would be cool. As a 20 minute ride along costs $3500 I dread to think what a 3 day crossing of the Atlantic would be  Grin
Phil
Yep, that certainly makes the $350 I paid for a 25 minute flight in the B-17 look like a complete bargain !
Cool! Who and where? Am tempted to book a flight while I'm in the US in May

Wooosh!!!!
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 05:50:35 pm »

Your best bet is to look online to see if one of the B-17's will be near you when your here.  There are two or three that are flown by vintage warbird organizations.  I know Aluminum Overcast will be here in Cincinnati in Sept.
Fax
Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:44 pm »

http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

the initial dates of a two ship display has been announced

Wooosh!!!!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 11:26:36 pm »

Nice to see - Sywell and Gransden are just down the road from me, and now that I am working back at Marham, my cup overfloweth  Grin Grin

MG Mark

Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 09:52:53 am »

Nice to see - Sywell and Gransden are just down the road from me, and now that I am working back at Marham, my cup overfloweth  Grin Grin

MG Mark

I'm not envious, honest!

have just sorted out an Eastbourne grandstand ticket for the Thursday. Has to be done, I might even make Clacton as I can get therd by train quite easilly

Wooosh!!!!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 10:12:38 am »

Hope they announce some dates in September, can't make any of the August ones.  Sad
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 10:49:17 am »

Pleased to see that the Bournemouth dates are there, I'll be making that a fixture  Smiley.
Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 01:47:21 pm »

Anyone going to Farnborough? an Me262 will be there

Wooosh!!!!
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 06:12:21 pm »

MG Mark

I no idea that you were back at Marham. No wonder I haven't seen you at the Ace Cafe for ages Roll Eyes

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: