Club Arnage
May 19, 2024, 08:30:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: forum upgrade  (Read 24841 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2007, 08:42:01 am »

For a terrible five miniutes I thought I had forgotten how to use the fourm or i was pissed at 7.30am

The hole thing has gone about face!. When you go to a tread you go to the oldest first and the newest post is now top of the page!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2007, 09:19:30 am »

Oo'er - DJet had a look at the email thing last night and made a change or two. I *think* this is caused something in your profile - "move new posts to the top" or something like that. He might have applied a setting globally inadvertently. Check your profiles to see how they are set (haven't got time to look meself right now but will later...)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2007, 10:09:04 am »

I got a problem here. I can only view new posts when using as a guest. When I log on I can't see anything new. Help please any ideas?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2007, 10:10:43 am »

Thank Christ it's not just me, I wondered why nothing made sense - I finally watched the final Torchwood episode last night...I thought someone had opened the rift  Shocked

edited to add - my email address has become public, if people need to fix their own it might be worth a separate stickied thread.   I get really twitchy about things like that being visible.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 10:15:02 am by Piglet » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2007, 10:15:43 am »

I got the upside down threads when I logged on and was able to change it in my profile (as suggested above).  Take a look at your profile Bob and see if there's a tick in one of the boxes that shouldn't be there (or vice versa). D-jet...Help...!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2007, 10:16:14 am »

Just checking something.... Huh
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2007, 10:27:58 am »

I am now getting new posts but they are all upsidedown and arse about face. Oh no, I don't  need this this morning. I've got a hangover, I'm tired and I wanna go back to bed.

I got it sorted. A box ticked in my profile that shouldn't have been. normal service is resumed. Grin
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 10:47:57 am by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2007, 10:47:35 am »

I too noticed this problem of the order going upsidedown.

I fix it you go Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences.

Then untick The "Show most recent posts at the top". Then  "Save Profile".

I fixed this yesterday and now it switched again.

I don't know what happend to cause my profile to change.

May I suggest that if a "Global" change is made then it's noted so we know there has been a change.

La Lιgend s` ιcrit sous vos yeux.
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2007, 11:23:47 am »

I think an official annoncement about the email address becoming visible should be made by a moderator or administrator.

It could be unrelated but I am never sure. Photobucket sent me an email claiming I requested my password details sent to me. However the last time I was on Photobucket was over a year ago. Strange.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2007, 11:30:45 am »

Oh dear, all of a sudden most have to get a forum crash course here Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2007, 08:14:12 pm »

I've been on the SMF forum to ask for some support, and I created an account so that one of the nice people there can have a look. I know he/she has been on recently, so maybe there will be an answer to the New issue shortly...
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2007, 10:15:21 pm »

I've been on the SMF forum to ask for some support, and I created an account so that one of the nice people there can have a look. I know he/she has been on recently, so maybe there will be an answer to the New issue shortly...

Smokie -  it seems to be displaying the right way round for me now, although it is running v.v. slowly betwen screens on both my computer at work and at home today.  But of course that could be becaise of something completely different.  Keep plugging away mate, the hard work is much appreciated.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2007, 12:20:50 am »

Keep plugging away mate, the hard work is much appreciated.

Of course

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2007, 12:23:23 am »

Oh yes, very.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2007, 09:18:49 am »

Smokie -  it seems to be displaying the right way round for me now, although it is running v.v. slowly betwen screens on both my computer at work and at home today.  But of course that could be becaise of something completely different.  Keep plugging away mate, the hard work is much appreciated.

MG Mark

Fine this morning and much, much quicker, ta

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: