Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 10:29:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juan Barazi buys a new car  (Read 6069 times)
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2006, 10:45:40 pm »

Mr Barazi has been the first person to invest in a new Zytek 07S in LMP 2 format for 2007 to replace his now illegal Courage C65. They will be using the Zytek 3.4 l  V8 engine. The story is here for all you French speakers.

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=2916&mode=&order=0&thold=0
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:08:49 pm »

Andy Zarse buys a new car too!

I've done a Pretzel and chipped in the Scooby for the big Zee car.

Used to love the 1970's 240Z when I was a kid, and also had a soft spot for the  Bertone designed Alfa GTV. They were far superior to the outdated and badly packaged MGB and also the truly awful Ford Crapi, which it made look positively archaic. What a pity the 240 begat the disgusting 300Z which was an abomination unto medalion man.

* nissan-350z.jpg (11.22 KB, 300x180 - viewed 252 times.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 12:12:51 pm »

I am so jealous! (green smiley please.)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:26:49 pm »

I'm extremely jealous. The 350Z is the first thing on my shopping list when I finally leave 8 years of higher education and join the real employed world.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 12:38:10 pm »

Yes agreed, you both have excellent taste in coupes. I always liked the look of the Zee but what really did it for me was when I saw one in the Nissan dealers and they fired it up, the noise is just great! I still haven't driven one  Huh but all the road tests reckon it's good so it'll be a nice surprise. Incidentally, as if by magic, there's a roadtest in this month's Car Magazine, along with articles on the Porsche 917, Steve McQueen, Andy Prilaux, and a fantastic article on my beloved Group B rally cars. All in all, a bloody superb read this month.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/magazine.php?issue=5&issue_territory=UK

Anyway, it doesn't arrive til 4 January. A waiting list for a bloody Nissan, can you believe it?? Frankly I can't get Xmas/New Year out of the way quickly enough, Jay you probably feel the same about your thesis!

Bloody Christmas.....  Wink

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 12:42:11 pm »

You'll be pleased to know that Bruno the LM mouth runs one!!! Grin

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 12:46:46 pm »

Is he the irritating French bloke who provides the interminably loud "commentary" at the start and end of the race?

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 12:56:19 pm »

The very same.  Just knew you would like that.

rcutler
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 12:59:24 pm »

Yes agreed, you both have excellent taste in coupes. I always liked the look of the Zee but what really did it for me was when I saw one in the Nissan dealers and they fired it up, the noise is just great! I still haven't driven one  Huh but all the road tests reckon it's good so it'll be a nice surprise. Incidentally, as if by magic, there's a roadtest in this month's Car Magazine, along with articles on the Porsche 917, Steve McQueen, Andy Prilaux, and a fantastic article on my beloved Group B rally cars. All in all, a bloody superb read this month.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/magazine.php?issue=5&issue_territory=UK

Anyway, it doesn't arrive til 4 January. A waiting list for a bloody Nissan, can you believe it?? Frankly I can't get Xmas/New Year out of the way quickly enough, Jay you probably feel the same about your thesis!

Bloody Christmas.....  Wink

The nissan dealership let me drive one a couple of years ago on the basis I left £1000 as and insurance waiver if something happened.

Fantastic Drive that belittled the Mazda RX8. I much prefered the huge size of the car and the thought that maybe if I sell the van it will be replaced with a second hand one.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 04:45:23 pm »

Even after 8 years of higher education I cannot afford a car like that, have to wait untill I finish my PhD, then maybe...... But I rather save my money for a DBS

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 05:46:59 pm »

Knetter what subject are you doing your PhD in. I am just writing my thesis at the moment. It is in analytical chemisty, in particular the use of deep-UV LIF as a detection technique for HPLC. I am currently searching for a job at the minute starting in the spring, so if anybody knows anyone looking for a analytical chemist let me know. Then may'be the Z car will become a reality. Ideally I would like it before Le Mans as my ALfa 156 is a beautiful car but unfortunately the electrics were put in by a blind man on a particularly bad acid trip.

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 06:16:49 pm »

Andy Zarse buys a new car too!

I've done a Pretzel and chipped in the Scooby for the big Zee car.

Used to love the 1970's 240Z when I was a kid, and also had a soft spot for the  Bertone designed Alfa GTV. They were far superior to the outdated and badly packaged MGB and also the truly awful Ford Crapi, which it made look positively archaic. What a pity the 240 begat the disgusting 300Z which was an abomination unto medalion man.

Very pleased to hear that you are indeed a man of exceptionally good taste Mr Z. (That moniker will come in useful when you take delivery of your new toy). It's a bit spooky that we both had Imprezas and then went on to the Z. I didn't chop the Scoob in though - I sold it to an enthusiast who understood; rather than take the pittance offered to me by Nissan.

I've had mine from new in May 2005 and have enjoyed every minute of it. By the way the waiting list has come down - I had to wait 6 months for delivery so consider yourself lucky.

Before buying it I tried the S2000 (way too lairy on the limit and too much thrashing for everyday use), and the Boxster (a good drive but would you be seen in one?). The Z is a good balance between torquey, lazy GT and lairy sportster when the mood takes and the rev counter has to do a bit of work.

The comparison test in Car Magazine you refer to in your later posting sums it up really - it's not perfect but it's the hooligans choice. To my mind it has that almost indefiniable thing that you cannot say about any mere car - character.

I can share with you my ownership experience if you like but wouldn't want to bore others on here with the minutiae so PM me if interested.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:30:09 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 07:38:54 pm »

Marvellous to hear - what a stablemate for the Commer Roll Eyes!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 10:56:34 am »

........my ALfa 156 is a beautiful car but unfortunately the electrics were put in by a blind man on a particularly bad acid trip.

Ditto my 147.   Roll Eyes

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 11:52:17 am »

Knetter what subject are you doing your PhD in. I am just writing my thesis at the moment. It is in analytical chemisty, in particular the use of deep-UV LIF as a detection technique for HPLC. I am currently searching for a job at the minute starting in the spring, so if anybody knows anyone looking for a analytical chemist let me know. Then may'be the Z car will become a reality. Ideally I would like it before Le Mans as my ALfa 156 is a beautiful car but unfortunately the electrics were put in by a blind man on a particularly bad acid trip.

I am doing my PhD in molecular biology and animal science. Looking at transgene effects in a mouse model of asthma. We recently had a proffesor, leading a big HPLC and mass spec lab, leaving the university and they are trying to fill a position in that lab. No need to be a professor, postdoc or bit more senior would do. But it is in maastricht, maybe not what you are looking for.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: