Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 09:10:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 135359 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2004, 04:10:24 am »

Hi JP.
        Incase you need reminding of the date Shocked
March 16-19, 2005
Featuring the American Le Mans Series, with support races including the SPEED World Challenge GT & Touring Series, Panoz GT Pro Series, Formula Dodge National Championship, Star Mazda, and the Cooper Championship Series.
The SPEED and Panoz series are both very entertaing
and i am not sure what the Cooper Championship is but pretty sure it's not Mini's or Historic Formula cars. They usually have historic races too so i am a little suprised they are not mentioned. Not much of a fun fare unless you count the mechanical Bull riding Grin
Saint Paddys day is a big celebration with Green beer  8)Cool Huh Shocked
Hope you can make it
Canada Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2004, 05:12:28 pm »

Am giving some serious thought as to how I can justify going. Wrestling with one's conscience is such fun!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2004, 05:52:50 pm »

Am giving some serious thought as to how I can justify going. Wrestling with one's conscience is such fun!

If I can wrestle with mine you cab wrestle with yours!!  Besides, it's so much better when you have someone to drink with on a long flight!  Wink

If (and unfortunately it is still only if) I can make it then Rob is thinking about joining me too.
Fax
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2004, 06:26:52 pm »

I'll issue the standard disclaimer, Sebring will be habit forming!  I remember when Smokie first went to the twelve hours and said that it was a once only opportunity...Funny, that was a couple of years ago.
Fax
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2004, 06:41:41 pm »

I can't deny that. Sebring was featured in the first of the recent Channel 5 series. Mrs S watched it and even she understood why I want to go.

And...for 2005...to be able to be at Bike Week as well...I can't wait.

JP - if you are really quick there are some seats by me and George on the way out there  Smiley BA to Miami 10 March, returning BA 20 March.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2004, 12:16:29 am »

I'll issue the standard disclaimer, Sebring will be habit forming!  I remember when Smokie first went to the twelve hours and said that it was a once only opportunity...Funny, that was a couple of years ago.
Fax
Its funny that Fax. I said i wanted to go once so made the trip for the 50th Race . Next year will be my forth visit !
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2004, 04:33:10 am »

Hi Andy,
            No need to justify, wanting to is sufficient Roll Eyes
Hope you and JP can work it out. as you can tell from above posts it is a blast and probably the second best race in the world.
Canada Phil
visit www.sebringraceway.com for additional tempting Shocked
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 04:35:55 am by Canada Phil » Logged
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2004, 06:08:34 pm »

Braselton, GA - At the same time that Major League Baseball pitchers and catchers are reporting to Florida for Spring Training, American Le Mans Series racing teams will have their own version of Florida training when IMSA and Sebring International Raceway host a four-day open testing session Jan. 31-Feb. 3.

The testing session will help teams prepare for the 53rd annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, America's oldest and most prestigious sports car race, that will open the 2005 American Le Mans Series season Mar. 16-19.

Bugger, I'm busy that weekend...  Smiley
Fax
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2004, 06:31:01 pm »

Whats interesting about that four day open test is that the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona is the same weekend.  I would imagine more than a few drivers will be coptering back and forth between Daytona and Sebring doing racing and testing duties.
John
Fax
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2004, 06:35:43 pm »

Whoops! I stand corrected, the Rolex is the following weekend.  Does make it convenient to have all the drivers in the same place for a week or two.  A chance to blow the winter cobwebs off and get some testing in.
John
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2004, 05:42:59 am »

Hi Fax,
          Good call. I expect there will be lots of drivers  doing both events with a few days of R&R too. I will be working away up here in the Great White North making wiskey for Pidgeon Roll Eyes so I can go to Sebring in March
Canada Phil
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2004, 04:16:52 am »

Well as a declared Corvette Fan. The following from a news clip about Aston Martin
"David Brabham along with Tomas Enge and Darren Turner were behind the wheel of the DBR9 during last week's tests."  
Ron has seen off Tomas Enge in a Ferrai before so he is no big threat Roll Eyes Anyone know who Darren Turner is Huh
David Brabham...a formidable endurance driver.
Canada Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2004, 01:00:39 pm »

Phil, I think Darren Turner has been driving in Indy for the last few years. Think he was quite quick but another one of those "unlucky" Brits with which the series seems to be riddled. Franchitti falls into the same bracket.

Saw Turner race a GT40 at Goodwood Revival a few years ago, the lad looked pretty handy to me.

Whatever, I'd hope you'll agree it's great to see AM making a proper return to La Sarthe.

Fax
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2004, 01:54:25 pm »

Andy,
You may be thinking of Darren Manning who drives for Chip Ganassi.  I don't really follow the IRL (or CART anymore) but it does seem to have become a catch-all for Brits (and Brazilians) who can't find their way into F1.  Manning, Franchitti, Wheldon, etc.
Personally I think you would have to have a death wish to race in that series but I suppose if your a racing driver you've got make a buck somehow.
John
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2004, 05:03:08 pm »

Sorry you're right Fax. Too many Darren's, Dan's and Dario's, it's so confusing.

Regarding the safety aspect, as an outsider, it just looks so dangerous. I've always thought I'm missing something important, like are the walls made of foam rubber or sommat?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: